PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking on psprices and it looks like a handful of Vita games dropped to 99 cents.
I grabbed Steam Tactics. Not sure if any of them are any good.
Several of the titles have Steam listings where you can view videos of the games. Unfortunately, those games aren't all published by Sometimes You on Steam, so you have to type them into the search engine individually.

So far, I've purchased the following games:

Awesome Pea

Awesome Pea 2

Bucket Knight

Explosive Jake

Sigi

Swordbreaker The Game

I've played Sigi on Android. It's a cross between Ghosts N Goblins and Super Mario World. Sigi also farts a lot during the game. It's fun!

I beat Swordbreaker The Game on Xbox One. It's a make-your-own-adventure type of game. There are several different endings.

The fact is that none of these are mind-blowing, but you will likely get 99 cents worth of fun out of them. But Energy Cycle is a garbage game that requires memorization in order to progress, so I doubt I will buy that one.

I’m enjoying Metropolis Lux Obscura, but the trophies are pretty glitchy and don’t pop when they are supposed to. If you like matching games, I’d recommended it.

I’m enjoying Metropolis Lux Obscura, but the trophies are pretty glitchy and don’t pop when they are supposed to. If you like matching games, I’d recommended it.
Picked it up based on your recommendation and some gameplay footage + the price. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I got the plat in it yesterday and yeah I really enjoyed the game quite a bit. I'd been fine paying more then 99 cents for it had I known it existed before this sale started lol. Trophies are pretty glitchy but the game isn't very long so it's not too big a deal thankfully.

Got my order in for 'Astro Aqua Kitty.' Also picked up a couple of Wonderswan games and 'Rayman Origins' for Vita, since I don't have that one.

By the way, code GEMATSU worked for me, and took 5% off my order.

Just checked...looks like both are already sold out.
Yeah I'm not surprised. IIRC Aqua Kitty is fairly popular and was limited to 1500 copies. The other game was a shooter (popular genre) and had pretty good reviews. It was limited to 1200 copies.

I wonder how many more Vita releases they will have. It all has to be coming to an end soon sadly..

Yeah I'm not surprised. IIRC Aqua Kitty is fairly popular and was limited to 1500 copies. The other game was a shooter (popular genre) and had pretty good reviews. It was limited to 1200 copies.

I wonder how many more Vita releases they will have. It all has to be coming to an end soon sadly..
They are rumored to have at least two releases per month for the rest of the calendar year.

They are rumored to have at least two releases per month for the rest of the calendar year.
... so another $500 on Vita games. I am glad I skipped some of these so I will not feel like I need to get them all. Still hopeful for Steamworld Dig 2. I somehow missed Habroxia 2 thinking the preorder window went into January. That and Ghoulboy are the only ones I regret missing.

... so another $500 on Vita games. I am glad I skipped some of these so I will not feel like I need to get them all. Still hopeful for Steamworld Dig 2. I somehow missed Habroxia 2 thinking the preorder window went into January. That and Ghoulboy are the only ones I regret missing.
I always only buy what I want and intend to play. I have skipped a lot of their releases because I don't like visual novels or any of their lewd anime games. I have a large backlog of games from them to play as well as games from LRG. I looking forward to not having to buy anymore Vita games at the end of this year. I love the system but I have tons of games to play for it.

You must be new if you have never heard of vgpca before. They aren't a reseller. They are a place that sells imports and such. Got digimon through them on the vita years back since it was not being localized physically.

Are you sure they are charging more? Gotta factor in its cad not usd so after conversion rates it might be cheaper.  Also since they are on this continent and now ship from new york it's much faster than importing from outside the country.  Shipping for imports is usually pretty slow and or expensive.

I paid $45.xx usd after conversion for Unmetal at vgp. That is basically what Play Asia charges $35 plus $10 shipping. They must have a volume deal with Play Asia since they would not be making enough to even cover shipping if they were paying what the rest of us are. They are charging the same as Play Asia.

Are you sure they are charging more? Gotta factor in its cad not usd so after conversion rates it might be cheaper. Also since they are on this continent and now ship from new york it's much faster than importing from outside the country. Shipping for imports is usually pretty slow and or expensive.
You're right it's not a lot more since they offer free shipping. Looks like it's just a few bucks (plus any savings you miss out on by not using a PA coupon). Either way, nice for people that missed out on the PA offering.

Thinking of getting a Vita for the collection. Any recommendations on what would be easiest to jailbreak? Listings on Amazon mostly look to be import japan consoles. I was leaning towards a white model (1000) because my PSP is black and I'd like some contrast! (best reason ever). ~150 on amazon seems reasonable? :whistle2:k

Looks like it's hindered by a custom charge port and needing an extra SD card adapter?
I have the 2000 Aqua Blue imported from Japan. I was lucky enough to get it new from Japan 2-3 years ago before they stopped producing new consoles. I pair it with a NYKO Powergrip and it makes the handheld experience much more comfortable.

You can check out RetroGameCorps youtube channel for a visual walkthrough if you want but don't rely solely on a youtube video as things can change in the process over time as videos get outdated.

The 2000 has the advantage of longer battery life (I hear around 1 hr longer) and built-in storage (makes jailbreaking the console easier without needing proprietary sony memory cards). Also it uses a more standard charging cable whereas the 1000 model uses proprietary charging cables/adapter.

The main advantage of the 1000 is the OLED display and as long as you are comfortable with the pros/cons compared to the 2000 then you could go with it but personally I was leery of 2012 OLED technology lasting especially since most likely you would be getting a used 1000 with mileage already accrued on the panel.

I hope I didn't break any rules with posting anything above lol

ASTRO kitty and Takotan already shipped/shipping. Looks like they have everything on hand already.

Will very likely be like this for the remainder of releases

I got my shipping notification too!

It's really nice to purchase a new, limited release and have it ship in a reasonable amount of time *Cough*LRG*cough*

It's really nice to purchase a new, limited release and have it ship in a reasonable amount of time *Cough*LRG*cough*
Agreed. I think Super Rare Games is the only other "limited" seller that usually ships out their offerings fairly quickly.

Sure, but Play Asia has some pretty bad delays on other "exclusive" titles, including Seabed which is now 13 months since preorders opened with no firm release date in sight.

As bad as LRG is, they were mostly good during the vita days (not counting skullgirls kickstarter-esque deal, and probably something else I'm forgetting).

Not sure if anyone here is actually playing through their copy of UnMetal but I'm fairly close to the end and I'm absolutely loving it. A little bit stuck if anyone has any ideas. I'm in chapter 9 and

I'm up to part where I need to enter and cross through the maze but I need to collect a flashlight or night vision or something. I've cleared floors 1-3 + the roof as far as I can tell and haven't found anything. Tried talking to Mike on floor 3 again as well as the doctors father and the monk again but no such luck and can't seem to combine any further items. Any ideas?

I've really enjoyed the game as the gameplay really feels so true to the original metal gear games. The story is ridiculous but in a well written fun parody kinda way. Really glad I picked this up.

Edit: I figured it out. This game is really great. It's a shame only those who ordered the play Asia release can play it (legally). Def worth playing if you have it

Any new cross buy worth getting from the Days of Play sale? Probably going to grab Blasting Agent and Twin Robots because of the price… maybe Thunder Paw. Anything else?

Any new cross buy worth getting from the Days of Play sale? Probably going to grab Blasting Agent and Twin Robots because of the price… maybe Thunder Paw. Anything else?
Twin Robots is an awful game but it has easy trophies. I wouldn't recommend it even at a $1.
I enjoyed playing Blasting Agents and I have not played Thunder Paw.

Current Vita games on sale I would recommend.
I believe these are all cross buy.

Rogue Aces

Shakedown Hawaii

Thy Sword
Metagal

Ultratron

Metal Slug 3

Last Blade

King of the Fighters 97

Samurai Shodown V

Slain Back from Hell

Odd World New and Tasty

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

Nova-111

Titan Attacks

Lone Survivor

Xeodrifter

Super Destronaut DX
10 Second Ninja X

Vertical Drop Heroes
League of Evil

Reed 2
Random Heroes
The Swapper
Devious Dungeons

Any of those have stackable trophies? Not a major selling point, but is still nice. Pretty sure I have a few from the list from ps+, but will double check.

*edit*. Added Super Destronaut, Random Heroes, and Ultratron so far. Thanks!

I'm definitely in for 'Horizon Chase Turbo!' I know it was rumored, but it's a nice surprised for the Vita. I've played some of the game on PS4, but I think it's a great fit for the Vita. The soundtrack is awesome, so it'll be nice to have that on CD.

EDIT: fuck. I might be on a plane when this goes live, and Allegiant doesn't have WIFI. I hate this airline.

Horizon Chase Turbo for PS Vita

Preorders open with @playasia this Thursday, June 10th at 11pm Hong Kong (11am ET / 4pm UK). Only 2200 units!

Wow, very excited about Horizon Chase Turbo. I had a ton of fun trying to set records and getting the platinum for it on the PS4. Was hoping for a sequel. I guess playing through the Vita version will have to suffice for now. One of my favorite racing games in recent years.

Anyone have any experience with Steam Tactics? Pretty much made it to the end of the game before it decided to not accept my save file or load. Moved the save to online storage and tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and even gave it a shot on pstv. It gets stuck at the loading screen after selecting the save file.
Gave up and started a new game and got about a quarter way through it again before it deleted that save entirely. Anyone experience anything similar?

bread's done
Back