PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked through all the feedback of the various sellers of the game on eBay and it seems like they are on the up and up with high ratings, and a couple of them sell quite a bit of very pricey video game stuff. Doesn't look like any of the sellers sold any copies until fairly recently.I searched Twitter as back as 8 years ago for the game (Invizimals La Alianza) and all the pics of the game are from people posting the PEGI version. Same with image searches on search engines. Could only find the PEGI version on Mercado Libre. No info I can find about this game through searching other than eBay. Either these people paying 300+ dollars are getting suckered big time, or they are getting something very rare.

I had not see the boxed motostorm rc download code until the past 12 months either and that seems legit. I wonder if we could dig something up if we had someone that speaks Spanish dig through retail sites in Chile. I do agree the cart that was linked looks fake/altered, but the level of detail on the cover art makes me think there was an ESRB release of the game. $300 no not going there, but something closer to $100 I may not be able to resist.

Eh, even that's not a good parallel. Motorstorm's legit and it's been known and talked about for a while. If you Google it, you'll find plenty of listings and a handful of discussions over the past several years. There's literally no talk of an ESRB copy of Invizimals until copies started popping up on eBay.

I know basic Spanish (enough to Google, at least) and scoured the internet for Chilean sites with Invizimals - Yapo, Ubuy, Mercadolbre, and Craigslist all returned nothing. The cover art looks good, sure, but if I was able to sell something at $300 a pop multiple times a year I'm pretty confident I could either Photoshop something pretty convincing or pay someone else to. When you think about how crazy some of the forgeries are for Nintendo handheld games and the fact that they sell for less than that (open, at least, which these all are) it means very little.

I primarily used Tweeg's checklists for collecting and have not really spent time on vita forums, so the motorstorm release was new to me. I did find a listing on zmart with RP logo, but also found some other cancelled releases on their site using the wayback machine. Who knows?
I guess the thing that gets me thinking it could be legit is we have not seen anything else like this (fake esrb games) and the first foray is a spot on cover.

Lol poor Vita collectors if this is real. I guess it could be part of a test printing or something, but it seems unlikely that it got a full release that no one knew about until now and that we can't find any evidence of. Or it could just be fake.

Also, is it usual for this game to get the cover localized but not the cart? The cover's all in Spanish but the cart label is in English. I can see it got released in a bunch of different languages but can't tell if all the carts are all in English too.

Tweeg's checklist also doesn't have the Resistance PSP game with a Vita case or Epic Mickey. It's a great resource with 99% of everything but it's not bulletproof. Given how crazy some Vita game prices are (Phoenix Fiesta anyone?) I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen something like this before now.

A few other things that strike me as weird about the "ESRB version" case (picture from a sold listing, markup is mine). At this point I'm certain that anyone trying to convince you it's real is trying to sell you a copy:

NeVRQZQ.jpg

1. The logos for players, features, etc. are inconsistent with the British, Spanish, Russian, German, and Australian releases (all of which have the same number of logos in the same order).
  2. The game case can't decide which region it belongs to. It references the San Mateo and London offices of Playstation at different points. It notes it's assembled in Austria (like the EU releases, whereas Epic Mickey says "Assembled in USA"). It mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and SCEA at different points and then gives a US user agreement link.
  3. The "PSVITA" trademark is just the letters PSVITA in the same font as the normal text instead of the PSVITA logo font that both Epic Mickey and every other release of Invizimals use.
I still think the single most damning piece of evidence is the clear two layers of cart labels I posted earlier, but ironically, the listing that was associated with has since been deleted. The points above coupled with everything discussed earlier (same sellers, no new copies, no listings on Chilean sites, no AR cards, etc.) has me 100% convinced this isn't legit. Here's a gallery of all the images I've collected associated with this in case anyone wants to peruse.

Your complete NA collections remain complete, my fellow compulsive Vita collectors.

Tweeg's checklist also doesn't have the Resistance PSP game with a Vita case or Epic Mickey. It's a great resource with 99% of everything but it's not bulletproof. Given how crazy some Vita game prices are (Phoenix Fiesta anyone?) I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen something like this before now.

A few other things that strike me as weird about the "ESRB version" case (picture from a sold listing, markup is mine). At this point I'm certain that anyone trying to convince you it's real is trying to sell you a copy:

NeVRQZQ.jpg

1. The logos for players, features, etc. are inconsistent with the British, Spanish, Russian, German, and Australian releases (all of which have the same number of logos in the same order).
  2. The game case can't decide which region it belongs to. It references the San Mateo and London offices of Playstation at different points. It notes it's assembled in Austria (like the EU releases, whereas Epic Mickey says "Assembled in USA"). It mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and SCEA at different points and then gives a US user agreement link.
  3. The "PSVITA" trademark is just the letters PSVITA in the same font as the normal text instead of the PSVITA logo font that both Epic Mickey and every other release of Invizimals use.
I still think the single most damning piece of evidence is the clear two layers of cart labels I posted earlier, but ironically, the listing that was associated with has since been deleted. The points above coupled with everything discussed earlier (same sellers, no new copies, no listings on Chilean sites, no AR cards, etc.) has me 100% convinced this isn't legit. Here's a gallery of all the images I've collected associated with this in case anyone wants to peruse.

Your complete NA collections remain complete, my fellow compulsive Vita collectors.
You really need to spend some time looking at the backs of other LATAM Sony releases. Many of them have URLs that reference EULAs on the US Playstation website and most of them also have Sony's California address listed on the back if they are published by Sony. More importantly, the UPC code is within a sequence of UPCs that Sony registered but it just so happens that this one was never used in the United States. I mean if this was a forgery, they really focused on the details here. I would also note that this title was rumored as a LATAM release well before 2021.

You really need to spend some time looking at the backs of other LATAM Sony releases. Many of them have URLs that reference EULAs on the US Playstation website and most of them also have Sony's California address listed on the back if they are published by Sony. More importantly, the UPC code is within a sequence of UPCs that Sony registered but it just so happens that this one was never used in the United States. I mean if this was a forgery, they really focused on the details here. I would also note that this title was rumored as a LATAM release well before 2021.
I'm kinda skeptical you read through my comment, bojay. The US links, California address, and UPCs aren't what are off here. As evidenced by the picture of Epic Mickey that I included, those are what you'd expect to see on a LATAM release; not the references to SCEE, London, Austria, etc.The entire 711719 UPC series belongs to Sony, that's not hard to find out (Google can tell you as much).

If you've got any links to rumors of this being a LATAM release prior to 2021 I'd absolutely love a link, because as we've mentioned earlier in the thread there doesn't seem to be any mention or acknowledgement of that prior to these being on eBay in 2021.

I'm kinda skeptical you read through my comment, bojay. The US links, California address, and UPCs aren't what are off here. As evidenced by the picture of Epic Mickey that I included, those are what you'd expect to see on a LATAM release; not the references to SCEE, London, Austria, etc.The entire 711719 UPC series belongs to Sony, that's not hard to find out (Google can tell you as much).

If you've got any links to rumors of this being a LATAM release prior to 2021 I'd absolutely love a link, because as we've mentioned earlier in the thread there doesn't seem to be any mention or acknowledgement of that prior to these being on eBay in 2021.
The ESRB release of Wipeout 2048 also references both SCEE which was the developer and SCEA which was the US publisher. I just don't see how that's dispositive of anything and the developer of Invizimals, Novarama, became a SCEE first party studio in 2011. I really find it hard to believe that a seller in South America is going to spend the time and money creating such an elaborate forgery just to sell a handful of copies on Ebay. Given the popularity of Invizimals cards in South America outside of the PS3 and PSP/Vita games, I can imagine a quantity of carts being imported by Sony's LATAM team, restickered and repackaged for sale in the market. I can't find a reference to the LATAM rumors, but I can recall it coming up in discussions as early as 2016 after Epic Mickey was found.

Tweeg and I actually discussed Epic Mickey on this forum years ago. My memory is that after some digging Latin America and Mexico are not region 1 and would not be part of that list. I cannot remember what region it is, but he had a Sony region link. Whatever the outcome (fake or real) it would be an ESRB release, but not a region 1 release.

The ESRB release of Wipeout 2048 also references both SCEE which was the developer and SCEA which was the US publisher. I just don't see how that's dispositive of anything and the developer of Invizimals, Novarama, became a SCEE first party studio in 2011. I really find it hard to believe that a seller in South America is going to spend the time and money creating such an elaborate forgery just to sell a handful of copies on Ebay. Given the popularity of Invizimals cards in South America outside of the PS3 and PSP/Vita games, I can imagine a quantity of carts being imported by Sony's LATAM team, restickered and repackaged for sale in the market. I can't find a reference to the LATAM rumors, but I can recall it coming up in discussions as early as 2016 after Epic Mickey was found.
This?

UIReM8Y.png

It mentions Wipeout as being a trademark of SCEE (which was one of the references the Invizimals cover had, but not the only one) and that it was programmed in the UK. Invizimals mentions the trademark, yes, but it also mentions manufacture in Austria and being manufactured for SCEE (not SCEA, where it was allegedly sold). Since you mentioned Novarama and it's also referenced by the Wipeout game case, it's interesting to note that Novarama is a Spanish studio and the alleged ESRB case also says it was "programmed in the US", which shouldn't be the case given the Wipeout analog. I didn't notice that until comparing it with Wipeout.

If your angle is that it's unlikely some dude in Chile is printing custom art/labels, I would argue:

1. Repro cases, art, etc. are more popular now than they've ever been. It's prolific in the DS space and I've seen people make repro art for Vita games before. Admittedly this would be the first time I can think of someone inventing a new regional variant for this purpose, but $300 a pop is nothing to scoff at.
  2. I think it's far, far less likely that Sony, a multimillion dollar company, decided to create an entirely new variant of this game (with notably different box art and labels, as noted in previous comments) for SA and then decided to make so few copies of it that there's no mention on Google, no listing on any retailer, or any third-party marketplace. Even some of the rarest Vita things in the world, like the Resistance Case, Epic Mickey, and Motorstorm have multiple hits/references you can find.
  3. The fact that the same two people based in the same city (Santiago, Chile) are the only ones that seem to have copies and just-so-happen to find a new copy to list every few months while nobody else in the country has one to sell adds to both of these points.
  4. Another interesting hypothesis is that the people selling these don't necessarily have to be the same people that created/forged them. It could be as innocuous as someone printing custom stuff as a hobby or for personal use, then these folks stumbled upon them, did a quick search, and realized they had something they could sell for a pretty penny. Given the consistency with which these listings are put up, the pricing, and the fact that they're never put up alongside each other I'm doubtful, but I also think it's a more likely theory than Sony printing these and them being legitimate releases.
I'm not saying it's a careless forgery; they did get a lot right (including the game ID on the spine, which is also Google-able but not widely known), but I feel like every time I spend more time looking at the case I find more things that aren't quite right (like with this reply noticing that they put programmed in the US). So I am saying that accumulation of those inconsistencies and the way this seemingly came onto the scene as a super-rare collector's item from random Chilean eBay accounts don't add up, especially considering how many eyes have been on the Vita collectors' scene over the years.

This?

UIReM8Y.png

It mentions Wipeout as being a trademark of SCEE (which was one of the references the Invizimals cover had, but not the only one) and that it was programmed in the UK. Invizimals mentions the trademark, yes, but it also mentions manufacture in Austria and being manufactured for SCEE (not SCEA, where it was allegedly sold). Since you mentioned Novarama and it's also referenced by the Wipeout game case, it's interesting to note that Novarama is a Spanish studio and the alleged ESRB case also says it was "programmed in the US", which shouldn't be the case given the Wipeout analog. I didn't notice that until comparing it with Wipeout.

If your angle is that it's unlikely some dude in Chile is printing custom art/labels, I would argue:

1. Repro cases, art, etc. are more popular now than they've ever been. It's prolific in the DS space and I've seen people make repro art for Vita games before. Admittedly this would be the first time I can think of someone inventing a new regional variant for this purpose, but $300 a pop is nothing to scoff at.
  2. I think it's far, far less likely that Sony, a multimillion dollar company, decided to create an entirely new variant of this game (with notably different box art and labels, as noted in previous comments) for SA and then decided to make so few copies of it that there's no mention on Google, no listing on any retailer, or any third-party marketplace. Even some of the rarest Vita things in the world, like the Resistance Case, Epic Mickey, and Motorstorm have multiple hits/references you can find.
  3. The fact that the same two people based in the same city (Santiago, Chile) are the only ones that seem to have copies and just-so-happen to find a new copy to list every few months while nobody else in the country has one to sell adds to both of these points.
  4. Another interesting hypothesis is that the people selling these don't necessarily have to be the same people that created/forged them. It could be as innocuous as someone printing custom stuff as a hobby or for personal use, then these folks stumbled upon them, did a quick search, and realized they had something they could sell for a pretty penny. Given the consistency with which these listings are put up, the pricing, and the fact that they're never put up alongside each other I'm doubtful, but I also think it's a more likely theory than Sony printing these and them being legitimate releases.
I'm not saying it's a careless forgery; they did get a lot right (including the game ID on the spine, which is also Google-able but not widely known), but I feel like every time I spend more time looking at the case I find more things that aren't quite right (like with this reply noticing that they put programmed in the US). So I am saying that accumulation of those inconsistencies and the way this seemingly came onto the scene as a super-rare collector's item from random Chilean eBay accounts don't add up, especially considering how many eyes have been on the Vita collectors' scene over the years.
Sure, those are all persuasive arguments. Santiago is a massive city and certainly the largest in Chile, so I don't know that it's so surprising that several people doing resale of games would reside there. At the same time, if it really was just a small regional release, I can very easily see the LATAM team not putting much effort into the text on the back of the case insert and as several limited releases have shown, nobody at Sony is really checking that stuff too closely. Not saying it's not possible that this is a forgery, intentional or not, but I just don't think any of the arguments you have raised really proves it either way.

Sure, those are all persuasive arguments. Santiago is a massive city and certainly the largest in Chile, so I don't know that it's so surprising that several people doing resale of games would reside there. At the same time, if it really was just a small regional release, I can very easily see the LATAM team not putting much effort into the text on the back of the case insert and as several limited releases have shown, nobody at Sony is really checking that stuff too closely. Not saying it's not possible that this is a forgery, intentional or not, but I just don't think any of the arguments you have raised really proves it either way.
The issue is that the only people anywhere in the country (or the world, for that matter) selling this particular game variant are two specific eBay accounts in that city. Sure Santiago is big, but Chile, South America, and the world are much bigger than just Santiago. These two having multiple copies of something so ethereal over half a decade after it allegedly released is suspicious to say the least.

Sure, typos and things happen on game art and manuals. But randomly attributing assembly to Austria or throwing in Sony London's physical address are hardly typos, especially when they're a commonality in the EU-produced versions of the game.

You say "small regional release", like Sony just opted to print ten and call it a day. With MOQ, if this was legit there would be a minimum of 1k copies out there. Other small, regional releases like Resistance and Epic Mickey have been well documented and discussed over the years; not the case here. There isn't any evidence to legitimize it - nothing on Google, no listings outside of the same people on eBay, etc. So on one hand persuasive arguments, on the other hand... Hope? FOMO?

Short of Sony making a statement (which we all know will never happen) I'm sure there will always be a seed of doubt for someone. But at a certain point, if it smells like shit, if it looks like shit, if it tastes like shit (please don't taste shit, this is a metaphor), and you see a dog squatting above it, there's a pretty good chance it is indeed shit.

I find it odd that the case art is not full english but the game cart is.   The case art says "La Alianza" but the cart says "The Alliance."  Regardless of if its real or not, I'll just consider my R2 version with the full english case art good enough.  

I find it odd that the case art is not full english but the game cart is. The case art says "La Alianza" but the cart says "The Alliance." Regardless of if its real or not, I'll just consider my R2 version with the full english case art good enough.
It's that way with the Spanish PEGI version of La Alianza as well. And same with the PEGI version of L'allenaza. Carts for every version say "The alliance," while the cases say different things.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1419779629057990659

Looks like LRG is teasing Meat Boy, their final Vita release (outside of the "full set" game). I imagine these will sell through very quickly.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1419779629057990659

Looks like LRG is teasing Meat Boy, their final Vita release (outside of the "full set" game). I imagine these will sell through very quickly.
Bloodbath for sure. I got an email last week from them telling me that it will ship to me this week. It was from rewards tickets I redeemed eons ago. I had saved them for the final Vita game, which I knew would be extremely difficult to get.

I got the same email. Also figured the best use of tickets was the last vita releases. Also had enough for Papers Please.

Okay Nicalis it is your move, did the games make it to print or not?

I suppose same question for LRG did you actually make the "full set" game?

Props to LRG for finally releasing SMB and not playing a game of wanting to be the last Vita release, that is unless they have knowledge that Nicalis won't release its 2 games. Nicalis really needs to step up and sell the stinking games if they actually have them in a warehouse.

As for the full set game, I was excited about it at first, but now I don't really care if they made it or not. I just want the new Vita releases ride to be over. After SMB and possibly the two Nicalis games, the final Play Asia releases will be the only things left (unless the Chilean Invizimals game is for real haha). The VIta was my first and will be my last system to go for a full set on. Thought it would be a small number and easy to do. LRG and all their copycats changed that.

Wow, so they are going to further dilute their stock of SMB by selling some of it as a CE.  Papers Please was never diluted with a CE and that was extremely tough to get.

Or 600/400 in the AM/PM.

Would be much easier to secure if it was 1200/800 in the AM/PM batches.

In other words...good luck, you will need it!
I really hate that they even made a CE for the Vita version. No one wants all that crap in the CE and it just makes it twice as hard to get a standard edition. They know the CE will sell though for anyone who wants the game and missed out on the SE.

I really hate that they even made a CE for the Vita version. No one wants all that crap in the CE and it just makes it twice as hard to get a standard edition. They know the CE will sell though for anyone who wants the game and missed out on the SE.
$45 extra for a meat tray, a box, a poster, and a figure Fangamer sold. Gotta fluff those profit margins as much as possible.

Well crap! I have a complete North American collection of all CEs and regular editions. Thought I was safe on SMB since I used tickets on it. Looks like I'm going to have to battle for a CE now. Yuck. I'm sure there are some other people as well in the same spot. Hate that some people are going to need to get two copies of SMB (CE and regular), which will cut into the supply of the game for people wanting to get it.

just got an email from the SkullPirates kickstarter it looks like the vita version will be shipping in September so that may mean that it will be one of the playasia exclusive vita games for August or September

Score meaning for 'Super Meat Boy?' I managed to get a copy in the afternoon lot after getting screwed by their anti-scalper measures. I went all the way through checkout in the first lot for it to sell out. 

But whatever. I have my copy, so I'm happy. And since they have them in hand, it shouldn't take long to get here. In theory.

hoping someone can help me. not deal related but I know someone here can help me.  Haven't used my vita in a few years, now I'm going out of town and would like to have it.  How do I download the games/dlc I already own onto it?  I just keep getting error messages.  I feel silly but I always used my PS3 and that method isnt working.

hoping someone can help me. not deal related but I know someone here can help me. Haven't used my vita in a few years, now I'm going out of town and would like to have it. How do I download the games/dlc I already own onto it? I just keep getting error messages. I feel silly but I always used my PS3 and that method isnt working.
Download either directly from the vita's store or go to your account and download or whatever history and can redownload from there. Occasionally games will not download from the regular history and require downloading from the store page for them directly.

hoping someone can help me. not deal related but I know someone here can help me. Haven't used my vita in a few years, now I'm going out of town and would like to have it. How do I download the games/dlc I already own onto it? I just keep getting error messages. I feel silly but I always used my PS3 and that method isnt working.
You could try turning off / unchecking the 'Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode' option. That seems to cause problems. The name is counter-intuitive. If it is checked, it will use less power on Wi-Fi.

You may need to generate a password to use in place of Two-Factor Authentication mode:

"Log into PS with your phone or PC and go to account settings > security > Device Setup Password > Generate New Password. Use that password to log into PSTV."

Those are my best guesses. What's the error message?

I was looking for an R3 list of Vita games and happened across this furthering the Invizimals discussion from a few weeks ago.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/p0o3q7/invizimals_the_fake_esrb_variant_an_expos%C3%A9/

Not sure if the person from Morrison is also on cag (or reading this). I am not on reddit and I am not going to create an account, but I live about 40 minutes north of Morrison. Would be interesting to see a video of the load screens if you get the chance.

I was looking for an R3 list of Vita games and happened across this furthering the Invizimals discussion from a few weeks ago.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/p0o3q7/invizimals_the_fake_esrb_variant_an_expos%C3%A9/

Not sure if the person from Morrison is also on cag (or reading this). I am not on reddit and I am not going to create an account, but I live about 40 minutes north of Morrison. Would be interesting to see a video of the load screens if you get the chance.
That was my post, spurred on in part by the conversation in here a few weeks ago. I wish I could edit the title to be a little less sensationalized to better encourage people to engage, discuss, and share evidence, but sadly Reddit doesn't allow title edits.

In conjunction with that post I've reached out to the former employee that did an AMA a few months ago and some of the folks involved with the game but I've not gotten any substantial response back (a few "I don't know" responses and a whole lot of people that didn't respond). Doesn't help that I'm the modern equivalent of a Twitter egg, I suppose.

The two things that stuck out to me most about the responses I got were:

1. People with the game got extremely combative. To an extent I get it; they spent real money on something they believe to be real and valuable and don't like the prospect that they were duped. But in addition to the friction in the thread I got a few nasty private messages (including one from someone who claimed to be the eBay seller with a current listing). One person threatened to kill my family (I reported that one and the account got suspended). Reddit's a weird place sometimes.
  2. Of the people who claimed to have supporting evidence that it was real, nobody followed up. No Wayback links, the guy who mentioned a video didn't post one, the guy who allegedly bought one in 2018 didn't provide any screenshots, etc. You can probably tell that I think strongly one way about the game's legitimacy by my post, but I would 100% prefer to get to the bottom of it and potentially eat my words if there was evidence leaning one way or another.

If anyone here has anything they think would be pertinent I'm happy to add it to the post and link out from there as well. But wading through the hatemail on Reddit has been fairly mentally exhausting so I'm probably not going to engage much more on the topic unless something big breaks. Hope it's informative, or if nothing else a fun read for anyone interested.

I recognized it was you (same name). I kind of hope it is fake to avoid the temptation, but it would be cool to get my hands on one to be able to see it and evaluate.
I will read reddit but have no interest in an account.
If something interesting does pop up in the Invizimals saga would be cool to know.

I believe Tothoro, in his thoroughness of researching, getting his life threatened pretty much has this as a lock that they fake.   If they were real, people would be providing information instead of stonewalling and threatening.   These are just the eu version being made up to look like NA releases.

I believe Tothoro, in his thoroughness of researching, getting his life threatened pretty much has this as a lock that they fake. If they were real, people would be providing information instead of stonewalling and threatening. These are just the eu version being made up to look like NA releases.
In fairness, Tothoro has provided a lot of really interesting arguments, but not a single one of them or even all of them taken together proves that this isn't real. I can only speak from my own experience having heard about this version several years before the copies started popping up on Ebay and other places. While that doesn't prove that they are legitimate, it does show that if this was a con, it was one that was most certainly a long game. I personally believe that this is likely legitimate, but I also don't care about it enough to pay any serious money for it and frankly, I didn't even pursue it very much when I heard about it years back.

I'm not trying to Thinkpol folks and I encourage those interested to draw their own conclusions, My assertion at this point is simply that the evidence thusfar lends itself very strongly to the negative in this being real.

To bojay's point, the problem is that proving non-existence in and of itself is somewhat of a logical fallacy (details here for the rhetoric geeks). While nothing I've said is really a "nail in the coffin", if it didn't exist what nail would there be? The closest thing I could think of would be confirmation or denial from some of the folks involved in the game. To that I end I did reach out to several people, but haven't received anything beyond "I don't know" from the scant responses I did get. If I do receive anything of substance in the affirmative or negative I'll update that post.

I think you make a great point that no sealed ones have been sold.  In a day and age where people keep sealed games on their shelves all the time, why hasn't a single copy of this game been sold that is sealed?  This doesn't prove it's fake but its certainly suspicious.

Sorry to change subjects, but does anyone have a good list/recomendations of import friendly Japanese games. either with English options or no language skills needed.

I know minecraft, dokuro, orgarhythm and darkest dungeons can be switched to english and some versions of Demons Gaze, anything else? Puyo puyo does not require Japanese.

Several ebay sellers in Japan have combined shipping and buy more save more kind of deal

So far I have played
Puyo puyo

These are in transit or just arrived and I have not tried them yet (paid ~$80 total for 10 games with cases)
Attack on Titan 1 and 2
Dragon Quest Heroes ii
Gundam 1
Gundam Extreme vs force (I know there is an english version, but it is expensive)
Pirate Warriors 2
God Eater
God Eater 2 rageburst (also has an English version)
Minecraft
Phantasy Star Online (it was cheap I know you cannot play it anymore)

I suspect the God Eater games are going to be too text heavy, but again were cheap. It sounds like people are working on fan translations for several of these and I suspect game prices are fairly close to the bottom of the Japanese vita market.

Anyway my ps4 collection is now bigger than the vita one and I feel like I should fix that...

Sorry to change subjects, but does anyone have a good list/recomendations of import friendly Japanese games. either with English options or no language skills needed.

I know minecraft, dokuro, orgarhythm and darkest dungeons can be switched to english and some versions of Demons Gaze, anything else? Puyo puyo does not require Japanese.

Several ebay sellers in Japan have combined shipping and buy more save more kind of deal

So far I have played
Puyo puyo

These are in transit or just arrived and I have not tried them yet (paid ~$80 total for 10 games with cases)
Attack on Titan 1 and 2
Dragon Quest Heroes ii
Gundam 1
Gundam Extreme vs force (I know there is an english version, but it is expensive)
Pirate Warriors 2
God Eater
God Eater 2 rageburst (also has an English version)
Minecraft
Phantasy Star Online (it was cheap I know you cannot play it anymore)

I suspect the God Eater games are going to be too text heavy, but again were cheap. It sounds like people are working on fan translations for several of these and I suspect game prices are fairly close to the bottom of the Japanese vita market.

Anyway my ps4 collection is now bigger than the vita one and I feel like I should fix that...
https://captvitagamer.wordpress.com/2021/07/30/ps-vita-japanese-cartridges-with-english-option/ - Not my website but it does cover everything I'm aware of.

Things that are import friendly but don't have English

• Rhythm games - so many! Taiko, IA/VT, Diva F 1st, and the Miracle Girls Festival games are probably the most notable, but the entire genre is inherently very import-friendly.
  • Hello Kitty Block Crash - Breakout clone with a Hello Kitty skin
  • Uppers - Beat 'em Up
  • Bullet Girls 1 & 2 - Senran Kagura but with guns
Other anime tie-in games (To Love Ru, Girls Und Panzer, etc.) aren't necessarily unfriendly, but the biggest appeal is the character/story stuff and without understanding what's going on you do lose a lot of that.

I know there are other fan patches, but I don't really keep up with the homebrew scene so I can't speak to what's out there and good/usable.

I think you make a great point that no sealed ones have been sold. In a day and age where people keep sealed games on their shelves all the time, why hasn't a single copy of this game been sold that is sealed? This doesn't prove it's fake but its certainly suspicious.
With every scrap of info that has been reveled and how uncooperative those involved have been... it seems like an obvious scam using the pal version (which does lan play with the psn version here). If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Seems odd too that the same seller would find multiple open complete copies. But the real kicker for me is just the hilarious intimidation to stop Tothoro from trying to find information out. Who fears information? Oh, yeah, scammers, liars, thieves, ... etc. I've seen enough gaslighting and dealt with narcissist enough to raise the red flag on whatever they are saying. It's always a couple snippets of truth married to some outright lies and when that fails the threats come out. Keep this in mind when dealing with people and they are being evasive about answering a simple question... the distractions are just what they are... distractions.

I only ended up getting one jp game that was known to have english... I forget the name. In addition to what Tothoro provided, you probably can go to playasia.com and videogamesplus.ca and a few other sites and narrow down the vita section to games with english. I know you can do that for Switch (which is what I mainly buy for now).

Read through the Reddit thread about Invizimals. Tremendous job by Tothoro in outlining thoughts and spurring discussion. It's pretty clear that there is no real proof that it does or does not exist at this point. The two big kickers to me are 1) The game is fairly old, so it seems like there would have been at least some mention of it and knowledge of it by collectors before the past couple years. Chile is not some hole in the wall country cut off from the rest of the world. 2) No sealed copies makes no sense. Even some of the very rarest games have seen multiple sealed copies go up for sale. It stands to reason that at least one person in Chile who owns a sealed copy of the game would come across how much it is selling for, then list their sealed copy for sale somewhere. Also, sealed copies would have been sold within a few years of release and made their way to the resellers market.  If it is legit there surely would be a sealed copy or two, minimum, being seen out there. There is just no way that every copy of a title gets opened.

I will be interested to see if any of the owners or sellers of the game offer up any proof. Seems like a collector serious enough to fork over $300 for a game would be very willing to show some proof of its legitimacy, if for nothing else simply to contribute to the community or to do a little flexing that they have something quite rare.

I will be interested to see if any of the owners or sellers of the game offer up any proof. Seems like a collector serious enough to fork over $300 for a game would be very willing to show some proof of its legitimacy, if for nothing else simply to contribute to the community or to do a little flexing that they have something quite rare.
That's one of the red flags too... that the owners/sellers don't want to prove what they have... it's crazy.

Back in my Dreamcast collecting days, I stumbled across a massive stash of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 at a local walmart. I took pics and went above and beyond before convincing the group I posted with on IGN's forums for years at that point that if they wanted a copy I'd get it and ship it to them at what it cost me. So like $5 above the retail price which covered tax, shipping, etc. Pretty sure they were $20 a copy which was a hell of a bargain. It was unbelievable this one walmart store for some reason had stacks of this super rare game. But I did it, I threw a charge on my credit card and bought those in the community that wanted it a copy.

I took care of the community later when someone hooked me up with propeller arena. Someone else took care of me when Half-Life surfaced. It was good times.

If this were real, those involved would be chomping at the bit to brag and show it off and prove it's legitimate.

Quick aside, not trying to derail the conversation, but did Play Asia/eastasiasoft say they were going to have Vita releases each month until the end of the year? If so, I have a bad feeling it's going to be on the Thursday in two weeks when I'm traveling.

Also, double aside, I got my copy of 'ScourgeBringer' and am loving the artwork on the soundtrack.

EAS said they'd have Vita releases "through the end of the year", not necessarily every month. Two games per month has been the established pattern and was kinda the unspoken implication but it's possible they're skipping August. They did release a handful of PS4/Switch stuff so they may need a reprieve.

I've got the same fear about a vacation I've got planned in October, but with COVID being what it is I'm not even sure if I'll be able to take that vacation.

bread's done
Back