PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
EAS said they'd have Vita releases "through the end of the year", not necessarily every month. Two games per month has been the established pattern and was kinda the unspoken implication but it's possible they're skipping August. They did release a handful of PS4/Switch stuff so they may need a reprieve.

I've got the same fear about a vacation I've got planned in October, but with COVID being what it is I'm not even sure if I'll be able to take that vacation.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification! I'm okay with a skipped month, but then that means less games, so we'll see.

Yeah. I have a conference in Orlando in two weeks, and when those plans were solidified, things were heading up and I was planning on going to Disney for a couple of days. Now, especially with Florida being Florida, I'll still have to go to the conference (following CDC guidelines), but I'm reconsidering Disney.

Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification! I'm okay with a skipped month, but then that means less games, so we'll see.

Yeah. I have a conference in Orlando in two weeks, and when those plans were solidified, things were heading up and I was planning on going to Disney for a couple of days. Now, especially with Florida being Florida, I'll still have to go to the conference (following CDC guidelines), but I'm reconsidering Disney.
My wallet would certainly be okay with a skipped month too, haha! But I just checked the EAS Twitter and found this:

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/1424562899721228289

If it ends up conflicting with your trip, shoot me a message. Assuming they don't limit order quantity and their site doesn't flop I can try to snag you copies.

I think in that situation if something was coming up for sale and I wasn't going to be at home or work I'd just use my cellphone and carve out a couple minutes.  But, I've only had to do that a couple of times (and once where it was a game that sold out in minutes).  Thankfully very little I buy these days sells out in a day or even a matter of a few days so the pressure is off.

How fast did Scorgebringer sell out? I got mine but did not go back to check. I think it may have gone quickly, but I feel like most of these are up for at least a few hours and a few more at vgp.

I have definitely taken a bathroom break right before a release to catch limited releases before. Fortunately most of these go up before work in mountain time.

I think in that situation if something was coming up for sale and I wasn't going to be at home or work I'd just use my cellphone and carve out a couple minutes. But, I've only had to do that a couple of times (and once where it was a game that sold out in minutes). Thankfully very little I buy these days sells out in a day or even a matter of a few days so the pressure is off.
I would agree, but that's more difficult when on a plane without WiFi.

I knew they were going to do this!

Luckily, I have no interest in either of these games. Though it is nice to see the latter, a brand new release in the past two months, come to the Vita.

I knew they were going to do this!

Luckily, I have no interest in either of these games. Though it is nice to see the latter, a brand new release in the past two months, come to the Vita.
Brotherhood United suffers from some bad slow down and frame rate drops and I have no interest in Indigo 7, not my type of game. This will be an easy pass for me as well.

I read that Sometimes You made a bunch of their games on PS4/Vita crossbuy, but it's kind of a clusterfuck at the moment on what works, and whether you had to buy them for PS4 or Vita.

I read that Sometimes You made a bunch of their games on PS4/Vita crossbuy, but it's kind of a clusterfuck at the moment on what works, and whether you had to buy them for PS4 or Vita.
Yes this is true and it seems not all the games are working correctly. You need to buy the PS4 version to get the vita version and none of this is retroactive. Its only for new purchases.

Astro Aqua Kitty is also now cross buy too. You need to buy the PS4 Bundle version to get a vita copy. Also not retroactive. I will probably pick this one up on sale sometime down the line since I bought the physical vita version.

https://twitter.com/TIKIPODltd/status/1428680662962384906

Yes this is true and it seems not all the games are working correctly. You need to buy the PS4 version to get the vita version and none of this is retroactive. Its only for new purchases.
Wonderful.
oHnkMZq.jpg

Not according to the description, but if they download independently, then possibly. Those games aren't great and I don't want to waste even that sale price on them. 

I was thinking $1.49 for both seemed like a decent price just to play on vita, but I don’t think it’s Desert Ashes that is included in the collection based on the description. I think it might be the original Mecho Wars.
I don’t really understand the price point either. The collection doesn’t appear to be on sale, but Mecho Tales by itself is somehow $20.

Anyone know if the Mecho Collection ($1.49) has the cross buy copy of Mecho Tales?
I just bought the $1.49 collection on ps4. Unfortunately it only gives the ps4 versions of the two games. They didn't show up on my Vita download list, and the individual game listings still show at full price on both the ps4 and vita storefronts, so you can't 're-purchase' the individual titles to get the cross-buy.

I just bought the $1.49 collection on ps4. Unfortunately it only gives the ps4 versions of the two games. They didn't show up on my Vita download list, and the individual game listings still show at full price on both the ps4 and vita storefronts, so you can't 're-purchase' the individual titles to get the cross-buy.
Balls.

So, do we think we're getting any releases from eastasiasoft this week? I have a feeling 'Russian Subway Dogs' is coming, but maybe not this week.

So, do we think we're getting any releases from eastasiasoft this week? I have a feeling 'Russian Subway Dogs' is coming, but maybe not this week.
Probably the awful Luc Bernard games assuming Luc wasn't lying about them. Russian Subway Dogs missed the cutoff for physical, the dev's been pretty open about there not being one on the Vita:

https://twitter.com/spookysquid/status/1420805884108840965

I checked the eastasiasoft discord the other day and someone asked about the vita releases for this month back on 9/22 they replied info coming soon

Probably the awful Luc Bernard games assuming Luc wasn't lying about them. Russian Subway Dogs missed the cutoff for physical, the dev's been pretty open about there not being one on the Vita:
think so to I got kickstarted update a few months or so ago that SkullPirates for vita (September is when we plan to start shipping the games and when we will receive them from our partners.)

think so to I got kickstarted update a few months or so ago that SkullPirates for vita (September is when we plan to start shipping the games and when we will receive them from our partners.)
You'd think so, but I have little-to-no faith in anything Luc says after the shenanigans he pulled on Indiegogo and his other Kickstarters. I'll believe the games are actually going out when I'm holding one in my hand and not a second before.

https://twitter.com/spookysquid/status/1420805884108840965
I had not seen that. Damn.

I'm still mad that I backed Skull Pirates on Kickstarter in 2017. We have been waiting years for the game that was supposed to be delivered in October of 2018 then delayed to 2019 and then radio silence for a long while. They haven't even sent out surveys yet for shipping the kickstarter before play-asia announced a physical version which is basically left over stock from the kickstarter.

I have all together stopped supporting game releases from kickstarter after some of my recent experiences.

It pains me that so many of the last Vita carts were used for Arcade Distillery games. They'll sell regardless, but the quality doesn't really support the need to have physical versions.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I agree. Game preference can be subjective, but so many of these last carts are going to less-than-stellar games.

Two more releases to skip for me. We'll see what October brings.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I agree. Game preference can be subjective, but so many of these last carts are going to less-than-stellar games.

Two more releases to skip for me. We'll see what October brings.
I don't think we are going to be getting anything amazing with the last few releases but who knows.

Astro Aqua Kitty, Unmetal and Scourgebringer are my highlights from this year.

Yep, also a KickStarter Skull Pirates backer. Also backed a little something by the name of Sharin no Kuni, which is no longer coming to Vita and still not even out yet due to various delays.

Three minute sell out. You guys realize the final games released are all likely to have these brutal LRG-ish sell out times, right?

I'm just glad I never have to think about Luc Bernard or Arcade Distillery again. The games are shitty, he's shitty, and his exploitation of the Vita market was frustrating (to say the least).

Three minute sell out. You guys realize the final games released are all likely to have these brutal LRG-ish sell out times, right?
Unfortunately. At least VGP is a little bit of a safety net.

Luckily we only have three more months of these releases and then we should be done.

Assuming today's releases are for September.

I hoping for something exciting but the last two drops have been disappointing. I skipped the last two drops.

Plus them giving stock to a local distributor PLAY EXCLUSIVES — VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA

Is cutting some of the stock of the games from collectors.

Hey, is the art book/guide book thread still around? Couldn't find it, so didn't know if it moved, got closed, etc. Anyways, Sandeep over at 2 Old 4 Games is offering his PS Vita game manuals round 3 tomorrow on his site. Sadly, by the time I discovered these, most of my Vita collection was long gone. I know many here are in to these, so show some support and grab some. Sandeep is a cool dude, who has shown the Vita some good love over the years. He also has some cool related Vita books as well, which are excellent and well done. https://www.2old4gaming.com

724FEC41-073F-41BD-B46A-E9D60262F354.png

Have to put an asterisk next to this though, one was limited to 850 and the other 1000. Unless PA confirms whether that was total stock or just their stock, 3 minutes is long comparatively for a few hundred copies.

Hey, is the art book/guide book thread still around? Couldn't find it, so didn't know if it moved, got closed, etc. Anyways, Sandeep over at 2 Old 4 Games is offering his PS Vita game manuals round 3 tomorrow on his site. Sadly, by the time I discovered these, most of my Vita collection was long gone. I know many here are in to these, so show some support and grab some. Sandeep is a cool dude, who has shown the Vita some good love over the years. He also has some cool related Vita books as well, which are excellent and well done. https://www.2old4gaming.com
The manuals are a pretty recent development. He started them a couple months ago.

Regarding the out of stock books, he's planning to launch a kickstarter early next year to release them in a single, hardcover volume.

I'm proud to say I did not buy those Arcade Distillery titles. Never supporting that shitty company again.
I backed the physical Vita release of 'Plague Road' because the cover art was so cool, visually the game looked good and it was only $40. With that I got codes for Steam and PSN, so I've never opened the game, but I have played it on Steam. And that was enough. I still contend the Kickstarter over variant is really cool.

Have to put an asterisk next to this though, one was limited to 850 and the other 1000. Unless PA confirms whether that was total stock or just their stock, 3 minutes is long comparatively for a few hundred copies.
850 for SkullPirates was just their stock. Believe another 650 copies are going to Arcade Distillery to fulfill KickStarter backer orders.

But otherwise, 1,000 copies of War Theatre: Blood of Winter should be a accurate production run for that title.

Easy passes for me again this month. And slipped in their blog post, there are no games next month either. So I guess December is it? I hope they, and the Vita, go out with a bang.

bread's done
Back