PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy passes for me again this month. And slipped in their blog post, there are no games next month either. So I guess December is it? I hope they, and the Vita, go out with a bang.
I might get the two pack. I'm debating it.

I played Bard's Gold in 2016 and enjoyed playing it. These DLC extras they are including are not really worth it to me. Plus LRG released a physical of Bard's Gold years ago and I skipped that one as well.

I think its both 10am and 11am

But thats because we have Daylight Savings time(and whatever the other one is called). I once missed out on release thinking it was at 11am only to find out it went live at 10am  fuck

I played some Bard's Gold on vita.  Not sure if it was free with ps+ or like $0.99... but I didn't find it to be anything remarkable beyond the name.

Play Asia giving me some LRG vibes this morning. Glad I was able to get the games before they sold out. Put both games in cart right when they went on sale, then took 5 mins to check out due to super slowness on Play Asia's end. Happy that I didn't have to go the Videogamesplus route like I did last drop. They are quite a bit more expensive if you get them from VGP, even after the exchange rate is factored in.

Yeah, first my cart magically has all of the items that i purchased from the no shipping cost sale from a few months ago and i had to manually delete each one. Then once I did that, i went to check out and now my cart was completely empty, and i had to add those two again. A little nerve racking but I got them both for my shelf.

Play Asia giving me some LRG vibes this morning. Glad I was able to get the games before they sold out. Put both games in cart right when they went on sale, then took 5 mins to check out due to super slowness on Play Asia's end. Happy that I didn't have to go the Videogamesplus route like I did last drop. They are quite a bit more expensive if you get them from VGP, even after the exchange rate is factored in.
Considering LRG also released 'Bard's Gold' some time ago, it makes sense.

But I know what you mean.

I forgot about them this morning and arrived 10 minutes late but was still able to get an order in for Just Ignore Them + My Big Sister Collection. I wouldn't have been mad if I missed it. Really surprised Bard's Gold sold out so quickly.

Yeah, Play-Asia's site was crawling this morning. Since they're taking November off for releases, fingers crossed December is the last drop. These last several months haven't been anything special in terms of games and the novelty's long since worn off. Sunk cost fallacy be damned, I'm going to see my collection through on Vita (and then never pursue a full set again).

Yeah, Play-Asia's site was crawling this morning. Since they're taking November off for releases, fingers crossed December is the last drop. These last several months haven't been anything special in terms of games and the novelty's long since worn off. Sunk cost fallacy be damned, I'm going to see my collection through on Vita (and then never pursue a full set again).
For sure the Vita will be the only complete set I ever do. Seemed like such a simple full set in the beginning, then LRG changed everything. Not complaining. Nicalis is now the only roadblock to a full set. Makes sense that such a screwy company would release the final Vita games, if they ever even release them.

Easy passes for me again this month. And slipped in their blog post, there are no games next month either. So I guess December is it? I hope they, and the Vita, go out with a bang.
I see why they dont have a vita release for this month playasia is having free shipping all month long

I see why they dont have a vita release for this month playasia is having free shipping all month long
Thanks for the heads up. I may import a few Switch English releases then.

I was looking recently at Fatal Frame, Eastward and a few others.

I'm a big fan of Sandeep's content and this video about Skull Pirates, Arcade Distillery and Eastasiasoft selection of games released this year for Vita are summed up nicely in the first 10 minutes of this video. I had a very strong feeling Kickstarter backers, I unfortunately supported this game, are going to get shafted on this project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzkFlp5tQw

Yeah, I left a comment on the video, but it's infuriating that games like this and reprints like 'Bard's Gold' are taking up the final Vita carts. There are so many other games that never got a physical release that should've, or games that did get a physical release but not a big enough one.

I'm a big fan of Sandeep's content and this video about Skull Pirates, Arcade Distillery and Eastasiasoft selection of games released this year for Vita are summed up nicely in the first 10 minutes of this video. I had a very strong feeling Kickstarter backers, I unfortunately supported this game, are going to get shafted on this project.
Arcade distillery giving backers the shaft WHAT we are getting

- The Kickstarter PS Vita Edition has a exclusive cover

- Backers don't only have access to the PS VIta copies but also the upcoming console versions which are different.

so yes we are getting the shaft all the way up the a$$

I'm not sure what people were expecting from Skull Pirates.  I looked at it and thought it was maybe a budget digital title at best... and walked away.  Thank goodness I don't blindly collect games just to collect them... I don't even think this comes close to the worst game on vita as it seems mostly playable.  At least the vita is nearly dead for this stuff.   I think most of the limited print vita games would have been better off being digital only.  Like, not every game needs a physical release and this one would have been a perfect digital only bargain bin game.  So you don't feel too bad you threw $2 at it... as it's an hour long, which is similar to other beatemups... and so not a huge time commitment.   Let this be a lesson on kickstarting games and just full set collecting (if you haven't already had that lesson beaten into you).

I'm not sure what people were expecting from Skull Pirates. I looked at it and thought it was maybe a budget digital title at best... and walked away. Thank goodness I don't blindly collect games just to collect them... I don't even think this comes close to the worst game on vita as it seems mostly playable. At least the vita is nearly dead for this stuff. I think most of the limited print vita games would have been better off being digital only. Like, not every game needs a physical release and this one would have been a perfect digital only bargain bin game. So you don't feel too bad you threw $2 at it... as it's an hour long, which is similar to other beatemups... and so not a huge time commitment. Let this be a lesson on kickstarting games and just full set collecting (if you haven't already had that lesson beaten into you).
See what I expected is what I paid for in the kickstarter campaign, a action adventure RPG. What we are getting is a 1 hour long 2D beat'em up. You should see all the stuff promised in the campaign in comparison to what we are getting. They also can't tell me that this happened because the Vita store was closing or they had to rush to get the game finished in time. The game was promised to backers for release in late 2018. This company, Arcade Distillery has released four other games across multiple platforms and even updated their old game Plague Road for Switch, Xbox, Vita and PS4. They still don't even have the PS4 version finished yet. Like come on man this is a joke of a campaign. They basically stole money from backers and released something that is not at all what was described in the campaign.

I already came to the conclusion a long time ago to never back a project on kickstarter ever again from other experiences as well as this campaign. Most campaigns do not deliver on their promises in my experiences at least for video games.

I find it amazing that Arcade Distillery continues to gets its shit games published physically, where there are so many other, much greater games that remain digital only.

I find it amazing that Arcade Distillery continues to gets its shit games published physically, where there are so many other, much greater games that remain digital only.
Vita game production is over. The other games didn't come out for whatever reason aren't happening. I had hoped from the beginning of the limited print phase of the vita life that we'd get Fez. But it just never happened. My fear with Fez was just that these micro publishers would just not even try because of some folks in the industry don't like the guy behind the game.

But we all know now most of this has nothing to do with preserving games or the quality of the game itself but rather pushing as much shit onto the market for the collectors that will lap it all up regardless of quality.

Vita game production is over. The other games didn't come out for whatever reason aren't happening. I had hoped from the beginning of the limited print phase of the vita life that we'd get Fez. But it just never happened. My fear with Fez was just that these micro publishers would just not even try because of some folks in the industry don't like the guy behind the game.

But we all know now most of this has nothing to do with preserving games or the quality of the game itself but rather pushing as much shit onto the market for the collectors that will lap it all up regardless of quality.
To be fair, official physical copies have nothing to do with game preservation, either. Game preservation has always been the preserve of unofficial backup copies stored on whatever the convenient backup medium of the age was, and its effectiveness relies almost entirely on digital distribution these days—through officially sanctioned channels or not.

Also to be fair, based on the massive fit Fish threw when he noped out of the industry, it seems unlikely anyone would be able to secure the rights to do anything with Fez, anyway, assuming he’s still the copyright holder.

I would imagine a game’s selection for this sort of thing is also a bit more complicated than whether a game is good or not; some games are easier to license for publication than others, and relatively small companies like LRG and Play-Asia are only going to be able to jump through so many hoops for such a small production run and still make a profit. It may be that Arcade Distillery gets priority on these things simply because they’re easy to work with, compared to some other devs that may be irascible, unprofessional, procrastinators, or that don’t speak languages in common with the publisher’s staff. All of these add further barriers to relatively low profit endeavors. This isn’t particularly to defend these small batch publishing companies, but it’s worth keeping in mind that business between two entities, especially on a small scale, is almost always more complicated than it needs to be.

Also to be fair, based on the massive fit Fish threw when he noped out of the industry, it seems unlikely anyone would be able to secure the rights to do anything with Fez, anyway, assuming he’s still the copyright holder.
I used to think that until the Switch port of Fez came out in April. The PS4/PS3/Vita version is also still being sold on PSN by Polytron Corporation... which Polytron is listed as the dev and publisher on the Switch version. So someone is still running things behind the scene.

Tweeg's lists are still probably the most comprehensive, the URL changed though: http://www.psoarchive.com/Tweeg/collect/index.html
URL Was changed because the web host got bought out and the new web host screwed up the data transfer in some truly unusual ways.

I've not yet made a single unified English release list. Been mulling it due to not having complete release data for the like of R4 and R5. Heck, I still don't have all of the Canadian variants cataloged, and people who live in Canada that have rendered their assistance can't even seem to figure it out.

Basically, were I to publish a complete English titles list right now, it would have to be somewhat generalized, meaning I could not state with 100% certainty what all regions a specific title was released in.

In general I do know what all of the English titles are, but it would be nice to, for example, list which region(s) each specific English title was released in. Maybe that's not such an important factor for some people, but most fellow collector's I have direct contact with expect that data to be available.

URL Was changed because the web host got bought out and the new web host screwed up the data transfer in some truly unusual ways.

I've not yet made a single unified English release list. Been mulling it due to not having complete release data for the like of R4 and R5/ Heck, I still don't have all of the Canadian variants cataloged, and people who live in Canada that have rendered their assistance can't even seem to figure it out.
Good to know on the URL. A few people were worried until they found the new one.

I can't say I blame you on the other regions. Europe in particular has a hellish number of cover variants because of the number of different languages spoken there.

The Vita doesn't go out with a whimper, but with a what the fuck?!

What a waste. They're hardly even "games." I held the few slots left on my Vita shelf just in case we got something amazing. So I guess I better look back through the Vita's catalog, because I'm not getting these two.

frodo-baggins-its-over.gif

I wish I could say I was more excited given how much I love the Vita, but they've been stringing us along with subpar hostage releases for what, two years now? Good riddance.

Now we just have to wait for Nicalis or LRG, though I'm somewhat doubtful either will actually pan out.

I may get the Mooseman but I have a strong feeling it will run like shit. I really don't care for visual novels so the other one is an easy skip. I really glad it is finally over. Now I will continue to grind out the platinums in Rayman Legends and Freedom Wars.

I finally got the diamond cup in Rayman Legends so I just need grind out my to level 11 awesomeness which sucks.
I've been deep into freedom wars since the announced server closure and I really am enjoying it.

I'm at the end game now though and it is really difficult with the AI. I hope I can get some online matches in to help me finish the final grind.

I’ve been deep into freedom wars since the announced server closure
I don’t really do multiplayer for most games, but I still have this and Soul Sacrifice in my backlog and this is the first I’m hearing about the servers going down. Not surprising, but mildly disappointing, all the same.

Anyone know if the Vita servers for P4G are in immediate danger? The online features weren’t much, but it was always nice getting those little bonuses and stuff from others.

So many other games and Play-Asia goes with this?

Balls in your court now Nicalis.  Though, considering that company is run by a scumbag, it wouldn't surprise me if they continued to keep the releases hostage before releasing them as some "ultra special" collector's editions for like $200, with a bunch of junk with the games.

They did that to a lesser extent with Ikaruga, never giving it a proper standard release other than the bloated $60 CE.

I don’t really do multiplayer for most games, but I still have this and Soul Sacrifice in my backlog and this is the first I’m hearing about the servers going down. Not surprising, but mildly disappointing, all the same.

Anyone know if the Vita servers for P4G are in immediate danger? The online features weren’t much, but it was always nice getting those little bonuses and stuff from others.
They announced the server closure for Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars on November 19th.
The servers for both games will close on December 24th.

Freedom Wars requires online play of 15 coop sessions for one trophy and another trophy for sharing your rap sheet.
I got these out of the way and I finished the base game. I am working on end game stuff (Code 8) now and the difficulty ramp up is steep. I just need to grind out some materials to make my weapons stronger and hopefully I can finish the rest of the trophies offline but I wouldn't mind some online assistance if I can get some.

I believe from reading online all the "online coop" trophies in Soul Sacrifice can be done offline using the Adhoc lobby and playing solo.

They announced the server closure for Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars on November 19th.
The servers for both games will close on December 24th.

Freedom Wars requires online play of 15 coop sessions for one trophy and another trophy for sharing your rap sheet.
I got these out of the way and I finished the base game. I am working on end game stuff (Code 8) now and the difficulty ramp up is steep. I just need to grind out some materials to make my weapons stronger and hopefully I can finish the rest of the trophies offline but I wouldn't mind some online assistance if I can get some.

I believe from reading online all the "online coop" trophies in Soul Sacrifice can be done offline using the Adhoc lobby and playing solo.
I have also been working on this, but just finished code 6 exam and half way to 7. There is one more online trophy that you may have missed. Make any outfit change to your accessory and the go into an online lobby and it will pop.

I have also been working on this, but just finished code 6 exam and half way to 7. There is one more online trophy that you may have missed. Make any outfit change to your accessory and the go into an online lobby and it will pop.
You both might know this already, but if you play co-op and happen to beat a main mission (i.e., not Discretionary Operations, starting with DO) that you haven't completed yet offline, you earn a "Proof of Non-Failure" key item that allows you to automatically skip the mission when you get to it offline. This will likely be a big help to get through the Code 8 missions, though you'll still have to suffer the subpar AI for the DO missions and to beat the final boss offline without losing Sustainability.

You both might know this already, but if you play co-op and happen to beat a main mission (i.e., not Discretionary Operations, starting with DO) that you haven't completed yet offline, you earn a "Proof of Non-Failure" key item that allows you to automatically skip the mission when you get to it offline. This will likely be a big help to get through the Code 8 missions, though you'll still have to suffer the subpar AI for the DO missions and to beat the final boss offline without losing Sustainability.
Yes I have received a few of those earlier when playing a few online coop missions. I thought you still get tickets for the DO missions too.

I have beat the last boss and I understand how to beat him without losing Sustainability. I just haven't tried to play that mission again. I'm looking to get stronger weapons first. My max is level 8 right now. Those chains are some BS.

The First Code 8 mission is just really difficult with the AI. Those homing missiles are super annoying and frustrating. The grind continues and hopefully I can get some online help.

I have this trophy too but you can get this one in Ad-Hoc offline by just creating a lobby.

Yes I have received a few of those earlier when playing a few online coop missions. I thought you still get tickets for the DO missions too.
It would be great if you could, but I asked in the FW discord I'm currently in and was told that you only earn Proof of Non-Failures for story missions. I remember tackling a DO in co-op a couple weeks ago that I hadn't gotten to but didn't get the ticket for completing it and still had to complete it offline; maybe it only works if you're the host and select the DO?

bread's done
Back