PS Vita first bundle (Little Deviants, 3G, 4GB stick, LE case,) - $349 2/15 early rls

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...VP0O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319733195&sr=8-3

Details here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-ps-vita-early-with-the-first-edition-bundle/

The U.S. bundle includes a PS Vita 3G + Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $349.99 (MSRP). The Canadian bundle includes a Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $299.99 (MSRP). Best of all, you can pick up the PS Vita First Edition Bundle on February 15, 2012, so this is your chance to play before everyone else.

[quote name='Gabrius']MSRP, not a deal, etc...

(thanks for the info!)[/QUOTE]
Unlike a couple of these dumb ass threads that are literally not a deal at all, this is a deal at least in that you get it before the official release. Also you get a case, the game, and a 4GB stick for $50.

Also according to Famitsu, you must have a memory card in order to play a lot of the games including Uncharted. The game wont boot without one.

Also it doesnt support Flash which I thought was pretty lame.

Still, in for one thanks OP. Really wish they'd do a Wi-Fi only bundle for $300 though...may end up canceling this and waiting on something better.

Edit: ok so Canada gets the bundle I want. fuck. Probably going to cancel unless this sells out. Also according to the PS blog you only get it one week early, not two. Lame. Amazons description though does say 2 weeks early...hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass. It is shitty that SONY is only offering a bundle for the first model. I'll wait until I can get just the hardware until I bite. Thanks for the info.

Also it is weird seeing you post here instead of GAF. Weird.

[quote name='Gabrius']MSRP, not a deal, etc...

(thanks for the info!)[/QUOTE]

A bundle that would cost you more if you bought everything separately is not a deal? Okay then...

Anyway, would've jumped on it if the American version was the Wi-Fi only model.

I'm interested in seeing the "limited edition" case.

Also would be more likely to bite on this if they had the WiFi only version as a bundle as well.

I'd be all over that bundle if it weren't the 3G model. I don't need the 3G and I don't understand why they aren't offering the Wifi bundle for the US. Oh well, I'll just leave my existing pre-order alone at Amazon.

[quote name='Deefuzz']I'm interested in seeing the "limited edition" case.

Also would be more likely to bite on this if they had the WiFi only version as a bundle as well.[/QUOTE]

The pic is in the Amazon link. You can see the case there

He did post it on GAF a while ago.

Also, SOLD!
Wanted 3G version for GPS anyway!

Canada gets the Wifi bundle for $299.
That would have attracted more customers in the US.
Should have put out both.

[quote name='Wario64']The pic is in the Amazon link. You can see the case there[/QUOTE]

Weird, when I first went there that pic wasn't there, but I see it now that I have refreshed. Thanks!

[quote name='Wario64']The pic is in the Amazon link. You can see the case there
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

The case is badass.. I wonder if I can find just the case somewhere. Do you know where I can find this?

wait a second, I want in, but what was MSRP on just the unit? $250? what are you saving here like $20 if you go with the bundle and everything up individually?

wait a second, I want in, but what was MSRP on just the unit? $250? what are you saving here like $20 if you go with the bundle and everything up individually?
The 3G model is $300, the game is $40, so for an extra $10 you're getting a 4 gig memory card and a case.

It's an interesting deal but I'll pass.. I don't need a 3G model, and I want to make sure there'll be some good games at launch instead of stuff like Little Deviants, Ridge Racer, etc. If Gravity Rush and one of Sony's AAA titles are available (namely Uncharted) then it's a no brainer.

Also according to Famitsu, you must have a memory card in order to play a lot of the games including Uncharted. The game wont boot without one.
Is this correct? I remember reading that you will need a memory card for DLC and saving on some games but not that they won't boot without a MC.

[quote name='token2k6']wait a second, I want in, but what was MSRP on just the unit? $250? what are you saving here like $20 if you go with the bundle and everything up individually?[/QUOTE]

If you were to buy seperately

3G - $300
Little Deviants - $40
4GB memory card - ??? (Let's assume $20)
--------------------------------
$360
+
LE case - ???

$360 (assuming price of memory card)

[quote name='Wario64']If you were to buy seperately

3G - $250
Little Deviants - $40
$310
+
LE case - ???

$310 (assuming price of memory card)[/QUOTE]

the 3G is $299

[quote name='Wario64']If you were to buy seperately

3G - $250
Little Deviants - $40
$310
+
LE case - ???

$310 (assuming price of memory card)[/QUOTE]

I believe the 3G model is $300, not $250

Yeah thinking about this I dont want the dumb ass 3G. It's $50 more upfront just so I can pay christ knows what monthly on top of that. And for what exactly? No thanks. I'll just resell this if it sells out.

I want the Canada bundle.

Oh yeah, I'm so retarded, just tuned out the 3G part b/c I was nevert interested in it ( I know its $300)..maybe just maybe...nah, don't need another contract. damn.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You people Sure that you need the memory card to play the game ? If so I hope Sony atleast bundles a card with the vita like they did for the psp[/QUOTE]

some games WON'T RUN without a memory card. pretty awful.

[quote name='iamsmart']I believe the 3G model is $300, not $250[/QUOTE]The memory card is going to be $50.

[quote name='token2k6']Oh yeah, I'm so retarded, just tuned out the 3G part b/c I was nevert interested in it ( I know its $300)..maybe just maybe...nah, don't need another contract. damn.[/QUOTE]

there won't be any contact. It will be like ipad where you pay for each month

Pass. 3G is just about useless on Vita and who the hell needs another monthly fee. 4GB is way to small of a card and will be useless in the long run. That isn't enough room to fit 1/4th of my PSP games let alone any new Vita games. I will keep my wifi only preorder for $250, wait a week and either get a 16gb card for $50 and still be under this bundle price or spend the extra $100 I would have wasted on this bundle and get a 32GB card.

This is why I didn't understand people whining about Sony not including a mem card bundled in because THIS is how they do it. You are much better off buying ala carte unless you very specifically wanted that game, 3G and only wanted a 4GB stick.

Are they going to release other games 2 weeks early? I know usually you can find games for new systems 1 - 2 weeks before launch, but that would be a pain if I had to go hunting for games to play. They could add them to the PSN, but with only a 4GB memory card how many games would fit?

For those reasons alone I'll pass. Plus I really don't need 3G and I know I'm going to need a bigger card for PSP, PS1 and PSN Vita games.

Too bad it's not the wifi version too. No want 3G. Also Amazon says it ships in 2-3 weeks? Surely a mistake but makes me even more hesitant to order at all-I'm broke. :(

Edit: looks like they fixes the ship date already.

[quote name='ponn01']Pass. 3G is just about useless on Vita and who the hell needs another monthly fee. 4GB is way to small of a card and will be useless in the long run. That isn't enough room to fit 1/4th of my PSP games let alone any new Vita games. I will keep my wifi only preorder for $250, wait a week and either get a 16gb card for $50 and still be under this bundle price or spend the extra $100 I would have wasted on this bundle and get a 32GB card.

This is why I didn't understand people whining about Sony not including a mem card bundled in because THIS is how they do it. You are much better off buying ala carte unless you very specifically wanted that game, 3G and only wanted a 4GB stick.[/QUOTE]

Have they announced memory card prices yet for the Vita?

According to ZDnet.com, MSRP for the PSPGo memory sticks (Sandisk) came in at:
2GB: $27.99
4GB: $44.99
8GB: $74.99
16GB: $142.99

I imagine that Vita memory sticks will be priced in a similar range due to them being a "New" product line.

[quote name='ponn01']This is why I didn't understand people whining about Sony not including a mem card bundled in because THIS is how they do it. You are much better off buying ala carte unless you very specifically wanted that game, 3G and only wanted a 4GB stick.[/QUOTE]
It's like Sony read my mind.
Works out well for me.

$300 for a handheld just isn't my cup of tea, Sony. Good luck with making this one sell better than your shitty PSP/Go.

Also, lol @4GB memory stick for $45.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Have they announced memory card prices yet for the Vita?

According to ZDnet.com, MSRP for the PSPGo memory sticks (Sandisk) came in at:
2GB: $27.99
4GB: $44.99
8GB: $74.99
16GB: $142.99

I imagine that Vita memory sticks will be priced in a similar range due to them being a "New" product line.[/QUOTE]

i'm going by the japanese Vita memory stick prices posted. Can't go by those old stick figures, sizes/prices have changed.

I ordered the PS vita mad early because I was afraid its on first order first serve basis. But I feel like caNceling and buy this bundle instead.. Ugh choices choices

I like the idea of this bundle, but I don't see the point of 3G for Vita since it doesn't work for most online play.

Also, the bundled game looks like a mediocre iOS game.

[quote name='ponn01']i'm going by the japanese Vita memory stick prices posted. Can't go by those old stick figures, sizes/prices have changed.[/QUOTE]

They may have changed, but that has not stopped Sony from ramping up the prices in the past when a new product line gets introduced. Those prices for M2 memory cards were much more expensive than similar formats on the market at that time, including the Pro Duo and SD Micro formats. I am hoping the prices in the U.S. are the same as the Japanese market though. That would definitely be sweet.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I'd be all over that bundle if it weren't the 3G model. I don't need the 3G and I don't understand why they aren't offering the Wifi bundle for the US. Oh well, I'll just leave my existing pre-order alone at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='ShockandAww']
Also it doesnt support Flash which I thought was pretty lame.
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't support Flash at launch.

[quote name='62t']there won't be any contact. It will be like ipad where you pay for each month[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's true that it's month to month as opposed to a set contract term, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still paying on a monthly basis for something most of us don't want or need. I suppose you could stop the 3G service, but then what's the point of getting the 3G model to begin with since it's an extra $50?

this just sony being typical sony. for somethings, they just dont get it. well for one thing they got the entry level vita for at 250 right. my assumption is that wifi version is prebably outselling (based on pre-orders) the 3g version by wide margin. in order to off-set the level, they're punishing their early-adopters for not giving us more options.

even at the lowest entry level to play uncharted on the vita wont come cheap. 250 for the system, 40 for the game, 20-40 for memory card (that i heard now that a must in order to play games on vita)

add all that up and plus tax (for me ny tax which is about 9%) will come to about 340 to 360 just to play one game.

but UNCHARTED is NOT included in the bundle. so you have buy the game separately. argggggggggg sony, you arrogant and ignorant sons of bitches

[quote name='heyheyhey11']this just sony being typical sony. for somethings, they just dont get it. well for one thing they got the entry level vita for at 250 right. my assumption is that wifi version is prebably outselling (based on pre-orders) the 3g version by wide margin. in order to off-set the level, they're punishing their early-adopters for not giving us more options.

even at the lowest entry level to play uncharted on the vita wont come cheap. 250 for the system, 40 for the game, 20-40 for memory card (that i heard now that a must in order to play games on vita)

add all that up and plus tax (for me ny tax which is about 9%) will come to about 340 to 360 just to play one game.

but UNCHARTED is NOT included in the bundle. so you have buy the game separately. argggggggggg sony, you arrogant and ignorant sons of bitches[/QUOTE]

um don't get the bundle? Get a Wifi Vita + Uncharted for $290, then $20-30 for the memory card

If little deviants ends up being a good game this seems like the way to go for anyone planning on buying a vita, even if you wanted a wifi. I think the memory card is gonna be 40 bucks, so if you were going to buy little deviants, a wifi model and a 4 gb card it would run you around 330. For 20 bucks more you are getting the 3g model plus a case. I'd rather have a wifi one, but I feel like this bundle is a better value. I don't know anything about little deviants though, whether or not its any good is the key to this bundle for me.

um don't get the bundle? Get a Wifi Vita + Uncharted for $290, then $20-30 for the memory card
Seconded, don't see the point in raging against an optional model. I don't need 3G, so I'm getting the wi-fi one. Conflict resolved!

I'm not much of a mobile gamer but my god, $350? Is the PS4 going to launch for $600 like the PS3 did. This is far from an impulse buy and frankly strikes me that they believe they can sell as many of these for any price like Apple does with iPhones/iPads. It's going to be interesting to see if mobile gaming devices can compete with smartphones and tablets. My guess is that these will become more and more niche products, eventually only purchased by a few diehards. Can the Vita at least run apps? Can you use Skype and a microphone headset with it? At least that may make 3G somewhat useful. I'm guessing this isn't built on android though so there wontbe any apps and the install base will be too small for developers to bother with it. If you cant make Skype calls or do other smartphone activities with it, is the 3G limited to shitty speed multiplayer and very slow game downloads?

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm not much of a mobile gamer but my god, $350? Is the PS4 going to launch for $600 like the PS3 did. This is far from an impulse buy and frankly strikes me that they believe they can sell as many of these for any price like Apple does with iPhones/iPads. It's going to be interesting to see if mobile gaming devices can compete with smartphones and tablets. My guess is that these will become more and more niche products, eventually only purchased by a few diehards. Can the Vita at least run apps? Can you use Skype and a microphone headset with it? At least that may make 3G somewhat useful. I'm guessing this isn't built on android though so there wontbe any apps and the install base will be too small for developers to bother with it. If you cant make Skype calls or do other smartphone activities with it, is the 3G limited to shitty speed multiplayer and very slow game downloads?[/QUOTE]

When the Iphone can put out graphics almost at ps3's level and have a decent gamepad built in that isn't a sad touch screen replica, I will buy an iphone to do my gaming on. Until then I'll be enjoying games like Uncharted.

[quote name='TheFirst109']When the Iphone can put out graphics almost at ps3's level and have a decent gamepad built in that isn't a sad touch screen replica, I will buy an iphone to do my gaming on. Until then I'll be enjoying games like Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of other folks like you, the niche crowd. I (and most others) don't want to carry a phone and a gaming device in our pockets everywhere. That means most people would play the handheld at home. If I'm home, I'm playing a real console on my tv, not a hand held with a small screen.

I am starting to get concerned for the PSvita .
The pricepoint is starting to look to high for what your getting.
Also for the 3G version.. Who wants to pay for another data plan? when most people already pay for data via their phones nowdays.

Hopefully enough companies jump on producing PS Vita memory and that will drop the price some(Sandisk,Lexmark).Sony memory has and always has been over priced.You don't necessarily need a memory card to play physical PSV games.The game saves to the catridge like the ds.

Sony was doing everything right with the Vita until they decided to use ridiculously overpriced property memory cards. I guess they're taking the route MS does with HDDs.

bread's done
Back