PS Vita For Sale @ Walmart. 2/12/12

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Not really a deal. My local Walmart has the PS Vita out for sale today, only the WiFi version. Would have got one but they didn't have any memory cards or games out. I personally want the 3G version, so I'll just wait the 3 more days for my PreOrder @ Gamestop. If you want a WiFi one though, go check your local Walmart. Also I took a few pictures but don't have anywhere to host them.

They also had the protective films, but no price. Did the self scan and all it would say is Find lAssociate For Help".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Not really a deal. My local Walmart has the PS Vita out for sale today, only the WiFi version. Would have got one but they didn't have any memory cards or games out. I personally want the 3G version, so I'll just wait the 3 more days for my PreOrder @ Gamestop. If you want a WiFi one though, go check your local Walmart. Also I took a few pictures but don't have anywhere to host them.[/QUOTE]

There are about a zillion free hosting sites, just google free picture hosting.

imgur, imageshack, tinypic, photobucket, flickr etc.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Not really a deal. My local Walmart has the PS Vita out for sale today, only the WiFi version. Would have got one but they didn't have any memory cards or games out. I personally want the 3G version, so I'll just wait the 3 more days for my PreOrder @ Gamestop. If you want a WiFi one though, go check your local Walmart. Also I took a few pictures but don't have anywhere to host them.[/QUOTE]

OT but I never understood why CAG doesn't let you attach photos directly. I'm sure there are complex issues related to web hosting I don't understand but even if they limited files to less then 200Kb or something of that nature.

Well I did call the next closest Walmart to see if they had any games, for some reason I thought a few accessories and games went on sale last week. Anyways the lady said "no memory cards or games but we do have the system. Our whole system is messed up right now, thats probaly why someone forgot to put those out.".

[quote name='majorscud']My Walmart said they have them but the system blocks them from ringing them up until the 22nd.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I told the lady in Electronics, she said " no if they are out in the case, I can sell it."

[quote name='GBAstar']OT but I never understood why CAG doesn't let you attach photos directly. I'm sure there are complex issues related to web hosting I don't understand but even if they limited files to less then 200Kb or something of that nature.[/QUOTE]

Hosting pictures requires space (it adds up quickly) and you become responsible for its content. With so many free hosting options it makes sense forum owners would want to avoid the hassle.

A lot of the accesories including mem cards aren't street dated. Some places may hang on to try to bundle/upsell to people but if you walk into a gamestop you can probably just ask to buy one. The vita is really tough to use without a memory card so make sure you get one.

Pretty sure you'd have just gotten denied if you tried. So many times i have seen games out early on the shelves at walmart, every single time i got denied

WM, Target, etc...almost always have something in their systems to block this; hell, even the lowly K-Mart usually has it in the arcane computers. It's hard to believe WM would drop the ball on something like a console. That being said, I saw a Vita game out in the case at a WM about a week and a half ago. I would have bought it just for giggles, but I didn't even try because I knew there was no way it would go through.

There is a number of vita games that you can buy right now... Uncharted is even one of them. There is also a couple street dated games and the street dated system.

I understand that you can buy Vita games on the PSN now so why not pick up one of these to get the jump on vitamania?!

[quote name='BetaDemo']I understand that you can buy Vita games on the PSN now so why not pick up one of these to get the jump on vitamania?![/QUOTE]

Because a 10% discount isn't worth having a digital copy you can't resell. Also, sales will happen within a few months at retailers and PSN.

[quote name='BetaDemo']I understand that you can buy Vita games on the PSN now so why not pick up one of these to get the jump on vitamania?![/QUOTE]

Also, if there is no memory card on sale, how will you DL the game or get it from your PS3 to your PSV?

Cant get them at my local walmart
smiley.jpg

[quote name='lostmyheadnmind']I can confirm the northern Delaware stores do not have any systems for sale at Walmart. I'm checking Sears and kmart shortly.[/QUOTE]

Sears is coming up ***Do Not Sell***. UPC is 711719221319 and item number is 58/98034. This is for the 3G launch bundle. Didn't get any FEB or wifi only systems.

Edit: the ONLY vita item that isnt dated for Sears is the case. I'll check again at work tomorrow and see.

Man, I went to my local Wal-Mart today (Rocky Mount, NC) with high hopes and left disappointed. First I scoured the shelves, the only Vita-related item there was the screen protector. Then I asked clueless employee #1 if they had the Playstation Vita. "You mean the PSP?" was the response I got, lol. Then he asks clueless employee #2 about the Vita, and #2 tells me that the Vita doesn't come out until March. I tell him it releases in 2 days and he's like "Nuh-uh." Society is in trouble.

On a better note, I got a package from Amazon today with my Travel pouch, cradle, 32gb card, Uncharted, and Hot Shots Golf inside. Damn it would have been sweet to score my Vita today. Now to stare at these games and accessories until the 22nd.....

[quote name='Byakurai']Sears is coming up ***Do Not Sell***. UPC is 711719221319 and item number is 58/98034. This is for the 3G launch bundle. Didn't get any FEB or wifi only systems.

Edit: the ONLY vita item that isnt dated for Sears is the case. I'll check again at work tomorrow and see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my local store did not have any in at all and they are getting the regular launch and no early editions bundles. Always tomorrow!:D

No go at my local Walmart. They didn't have any Vita items on display and when I asked they said its not out yet.

Why can't this come out tomorrow?? Wednesday is such a weird day to release on, mixed with different days for the games, three different bundles, and horrible advertising...I just want my Vita dag nabbit!!

Ah well...have valentine's day plans tomorrow anyway. Can't wait till wed!

[quote name='EarthKing']I'll check tomorrow. Thanx for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

no one has purchased one yet...... or has proof of buying one....... of course the stores have them in-stock.. they usually get them pretty early, just can not sell...

I was in a Walmart today and decided to just ask if their Vita games were in, and the guy said they were. He then asked me what a Vita was and why was it so popular. I asked him if this was his normal department, for which he said "Yes".

I bet there are some out of work gamers out there that would like, at the least, a job in the Walmart game section. I'm not a huge Sony fanboy, far from it, but you at least need to know SOMETHING of what you are selling. This guy looked like he labored to not drool on himself. Not to mention all the signage they had on the Vita.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I was in a Walmart today and decided to just ask if their Vita games were in, and the guy said they were. He then asked me what a Vita was and why was it so popular. I asked him if this was his normal department, for which he said "Yes".

I bet there are some out of work gamers out there that would like, at the least, a job in the Walmart game section. I'm not a huge Sony fanboy, far from it, but you at least need to know SOMETHING of what you are selling. This guy looked like he labored to not drool on himself. Not to mention all the signage they had on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

That guy probably gets paid $8/hour and has to deal with piece of shit people all day. It's little wonder to why he doesn't give a shit about your questions or concerns.

I'm always amazed at people who get pissed off at the hourly employees for not knowing every detail about a coming product launch. These guys get paid minimum wage. There is no motivation to learn the ins and outs of the department.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That guy probably gets paid $8/hour and has to deal with piece of shit people all day. It's little wonder to why he doesn't give a shit about your questions or concerns.

I'm always amazed at people who get pissed off at the hourly employees for not knowing every detail about a coming product launch. These guys get paid minimum wage. There is no motivation to learn the ins and outs of the department.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Nail on the f'n head I work at a "bad" Walmart and it is crazy. I work like I make 30/hr. when I only make 33% of that

[quote name='WormFOODx']I was in a Walmart today and decided to just ask if their Vita games were in, and the guy said they were. He then asked me what a Vita was and why was it so popular. I asked him if this was his normal department, for which he said "Yes".

I bet there are some out of work gamers out there that would like, at the least, a job in the Walmart game section. I'm not a huge Sony fanboy, far from it, but you at least need to know SOMETHING of what you are selling. This guy looked like he labored to not drool on himself. Not to mention all the signage they had on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I work at Duane Reade and someone asked for something (don't remember what it was) and I asked them what it is. Then they replied, "How do you know not what it is. Don't you work here"? I felt like smacking that ****.

[quote name='Nemesis135n']I work at Duane Reade and someone asked for something (don't remember what it was) and I asked them what it is. Then they replied, "How do you know not what it is. Don't you work here"? I felt like smacking that ****.[/QUOTE]I would probably want to smack someone if they said "...know not what it is." too. :lol:

[quote name='Nemesis135n']I work at Duane Reade and someone asked for something (don't remember what it was) and I asked them what it is. Then they replied, "How do you know not what it is. Don't you work here"? I felt like smacking that ****.[/QUOTE]

If that is your area it is your responsibility to know your product, if you don't want to learn you are in the wrong business.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']If that is your area it is your responsibility to know your product, if you don't want to learn you are in the wrong business.[/QUOTE]

Well it doesn't help that Sony is barely advertising the Vita itself. Not even any Vita displays ahead of time at my local electronics stores. Then again I haven't even seen the Sony rep that used to install those things in stores since Circuit City tanked. Taco Bell is just about the only place near me actively promoting the thing. Well besides Gamestop asking for preorders.

Hell, I picked up a circle pad pro from Gamestop the other day and the employee was amazed to even see it out in America. Didn't even receive word that it was a gamestop exclusive and that its been their top seller online. It also didn't have a release date in the system so he wasn't even sure if he should be selling it.

Also, the electronics section at Walmart is more than just games. I've yet to see an employee at mine that knows games well with the exception of the 'huge' ones like Call of Duty and Madden.

For those of you that crapped on me for being irritated at clueless Walmart employee I want you to know this: it is not your right to have a job, it's your privilege. I know plenty of people that would give their left nut to have a job for you to act like you are not responsible in yours. Know your area, be helpful, and for crap sake.... Sell some damn product. If I was a business owner I'd be pissed if all you were there for was to scan with barcodes and take money. /end rant

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']If that is your area it is your responsibility to know your product, if you don't want to learn you are in the wrong business.[/QUOTE]

The business of minimum wage shit labor jobs? I'd pity the person who thinks that's the right business.

[quote name='WormFOODx'] If I was a business owner I'd be pissed if all you were there for was to scan with barcodes and take money. /end rant[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's what they were hired for and that's all they are expected to do.

I work in a deli for like 10 bucks an hour, if you expect me to know exactly what every meat tastes like, how it slices, how thin or thick you want it, or how it compares to the competitor then your dreaming. I work for near minimum wage, so you gonna get a near minimum wage effort. But that doesn't mean I be rude to customers, if they want something that I don't know what it is, I apologize and ask them to point it out to me. To a point you should know about what happens in the place you work, theres been too many times were I walked into a Bestbuy or Gamestop and had to force myself to leave without b**** slapping someone who has no idea about what there selling.

[quote name='Paladinion']I work in a deli for like 10 bucks an hour, if you expect me to know exactly what every meat tastes like, how it slices, how thin or thick you want it, or how it compares to the competitor then your dreaming. I work for near minimum wage, so you gonna get a near minimum wage effort. But that doesn't mean I be rude to customers, if they want something that I don't know what it is, I apologize and ask them to point it out to me. To a point you should know about what happens in the place you work, theres been too many times were I walked into a Bestbuy or Gamestop and had to force myself to leave without b**** slapping someone who has no idea about what there selling.[/QUOTE]

$10 for minimum wage?! Where do you live? Minimum wage here is $7.25/hour which does not do much. If I'd work for $10 I'd put in more effort but I put in as much effort as I can regardless of where I work. If a customer wants to me to know everything about a product (taste, what other stores offer, their personal preference) than they are crazy. No one is going to know everything about a product like that.

But if you work in Walmart in the gaming section and you don't know about a new console coming out, than you aren't fit for the job. You're just a pencil pusher that scans codes and gives out money. Some people are satisfied with that but at the places I worked at, you would be fired for not knowing this basic information about the products you are trying to sell.

[quote name='WormFOODx']For those of you that crapped on me for being irritated at clueless Walmart employee I want you to know this: it is not your right to have a job, it's your privilege. I know plenty of people that would give their left nut to have a job for you to act like you are not responsible in yours. Know your area, be helpful, and for crap sake.... Sell some damn product. If I was a business owner I'd be pissed if all you were there for was to scan with barcodes and take money. /end rant[/QUOTE]

dont tell FDR what you just said...

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

also, what are these people suppose to do? go home and research everything instead of being with their families? its called training, and if a business chooses not to provide it, your beef should be with said business.

[quote name='dan13l858']I heard some vitas are going on sale tomorrow at GameStop but they're $349 bundle version.[/QUOTE]

That would be because those are First Edition Bundles. A week early for a premium.

[quote name='Yigytugd']$10 for minimum wage?! Where do you live? Minimum wage here is $7.25/hour which does not do much. If I'd work for $10 I'd put in more effort but I put in as much effort as I can regardless of where I work. If a customer wants to me to know everything about a product (taste, what other stores offer, their personal preference) than they are crazy. No one is going to know everything about a product like that.

But if you work in Walmart in the gaming section and you don't know about a new console coming out, than you aren't fit for the job. You're just a pencil pusher that scans codes and gives out money. Some people are satisfied with that but at the places I worked at, you would be fired for not knowing this basic information about the products you are trying to sell.[/QUOTE]

I know i'm part of the problem here in continuing this debate...but I have to side with you here.
I'm not going to chime in and say whether people should or shouldn't care enough about their job to actually learn about the product they are selling to people, but honestly if you are working in a place full time how can you not know? I don't see how some people can be so zoned out that they don't even realize what's around them for half they time they are awake during the day

So yes if you work at a Walmart electronics section and at this point are completely clueless to what this newfangled vita is (hell if people at the WM i used to go to could even tell me that it was the new PSP I would be shocked) then I have no idea what it is that you ARE doing everyday at work besides having your head in the clouds.

[quote name='XT14']So yes if you work at a Walmart electronics section and at this point are completely clueless to what this newfangled vita is (hell if people at the WM i used to go to could even tell me that it was the new PSP I would be shocked) then I have no idea what it is that you ARE doing everyday at work besides having your head in the clouds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they could be stocking inventory, servicing customers, doing grunt work their managers assign, the things that Wal-Mart pays them to do?

I'm a prime believer that anything in life worth doing is worth doing well but let's all get off our high horse here. A CAG forum post isn't the place to discuss a bottom feeder working at Wal-Mart's career goals.

On topic:

My local Wal-Mart didn't even have the games out yet.

Also, despite popular belief, Walmart purposely hires ignorant/stupid/retarded people for a multitude of reasons. If you are too knowledgeable on a subject, you are deemed "overqualified" and don't get the job.

I had to pretend that I was inept in order to get a job there, and I still display a bit of ineptness in order to keep my job.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Also, despite popular belief, Walmart purposely hires ignorant/stupid/retarded people for a multitude of reasons. If you are too knowledgeable on a subject, you are deemed "overqualified" and don't get the job.

I had to pretend that I was inept in order to get a job there, and I still display a bit of ineptness in order to keep my job.[/QUOTE]

A couple of thoughts, first thank you to the op for pointing out that the systems might be purchaseable (I made that word up).

Second, I agree that people should have some degree of pride in their job no matter what that job is.

Third, notwithstanding the above point, I see the significance of the above comment. Suppose for example you knew everything about the vita or televisions. If a customer asked you about price compared to the iphone, you'd have to say some negative things. If the customer asked you about Hisence vs. LG, you'd have to point out the televisions shortcomings. So from Walmart's perspective you may end up dissuading customers from making a purchase because you had the appropriate knowledge.

[quote name='bgame2']A couple of thoughts, first thank you to the op for pointing out that the systems might be purchaseable (I made that word )[/QUOTE]

Thanks, its nice to know someone appreciate something around here. I had second thoughts at even post about it, just knowing how people around here are. In my opinion this place really went downhill, after KmartGamer left.

bread's done
Back