PS Vita For Sale @ Walmart. 2/12/12

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Not really a deal. My local Walmart has the PS Vita out for sale today, only the WiFi version. Would have got one but they didn't have any memory cards or games out. I personally want the 3G version, so I'll just wait the 3 more days for my PreOrder @ Gamestop. If you want a WiFi one though, go check your local Walmart. Also I took a few pictures but don't have anywhere to host them.

They also had the protective films, but no price. Did the self scan and all it would say is Find lAssociate For Help".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Maybe they could be stocking inventory, servicing customers, doing grunt work their managers assign, the things that Wal-Mart pays them to do?

I'm a prime believer that anything in life worth doing is worth doing well but let's all get off our high horse here. A CAG forum post isn't the place to discuss a bottom feeder working at Wal-Mart's career goals.

On topic:

My local Wal-Mart didn't even have the games out yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm a prime believer in that you get what you pay for and if you're going to pay your employees at the minimum wage rate then you should expect to get minimum effort from said employees.

[quote name='Nintendonly']KmartGamer is no longer partnering with CAG? When did that happen and what happened?[/QUOTE]

K-Mart ran a blue light special on corporate management back in December and the gravy train came to a halt.

[quote name='spmahn']K-Mart ran a blue light special on corporate management back in December and the gravy train came to a halt.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I should have known that. Sears took a hit, too.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That guy probably gets paid $8/hour and has to deal with piece of shit people all day. It's little wonder to why he doesn't give a shit about your questions or concerns.

I'm always amazed at people who get pissed off at the hourly employees for not knowing every detail about a coming product launch. These guys get paid minimum wage. There is no motivation to learn the ins and outs of the department.[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. A job is a job in this economy. As an informed consumer I don't need to rely on the people working the gaming/electronics department at Target, Kmart, Walmart and so on to actually know anything about gaming or electronics.

I've already researched the game/item I'm there to buy and I just want to know where it's at so I can get it and go home to enjoy it without a lot of hassle.
[quote name='ritchardf']its called training, and if a business chooses not to provide it, your beef should be with said business.[/QUOTE]
Training? When I worked retail jobs you were lucky if they gave you 20 minutes training on how to run the register or other devices in your section. Don't get me wrong. WalMart actively had you taking mini breaks to watch some brain washing videos about their stores and whatever else and answer little quizzes at the end of them.

I would intentionally fail them so I could get an hour off my feet from stocking shelves and help rude/drunk/ignorant assholes...errrr I mean customers who decided 3am was a great time to come in and expect you to be their personal shopper and lead them by the hand to where everything they were looking for was.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']OT but I never understood why CAG doesn't let you attach photos directly. I'm sure there are complex issues related to web hosting I don't understand but even if they limited files to less then 200Kb or something of that nature.[/QUOTE]

I would think that there are some possible trademark issues to deal with as well if people post pictures that are trademarked in someway. I would be concerned with it anyways if I was running a site.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I would think that there are some possible trademark issues to deal with as well if people post pictures that are trademarked in someway. I would be concerned with it anyways if I was running a site.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Perfect example: Speedy1961

He leaked the PS3's price drop in 2007 or so and posted an ad scan from Circuit City showing the info.

Ever since then ad scans aren't allowed on CAG.

I remember them putting the DS Lite out early, me just happening to find it out and trying to buy it, only to be denied. I still hold my grudge to this day! (not really, there are plenty of legit reasons to never want to go into a WM though)

[quote name='Nintendonly']In this topic: elite douchebags who never worked a day in retail.[/QUOTE]

then leave the topic.... :X So many wasted post lately on cag (like this one)... esp in vita forums....

[quote name='bug_nuts']then leave the topic.... :X So many wasted post lately on cag (like this one)... esp in vita forums....[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, I actually have the ability to shed some light on how Walmart's P.O.S. system works.

[quote name='M_A_C']WTF is up with CAG lately in the Vita threads? First all the taxes talk now this.[/QUOTE]

Sony really needs to release this damn system so we have something to do other than just kill time...

(/waves at massive backlog, which thanks to Amazon's over-efficient system, now includes Wipeout and HSG for Vita, but no Vita.)

[quote name='Nintendonly']Unlike you, I actually have the ability to shed some light on how Walmart's P.O.S. system works.[/QUOTE]

This topic is unnecessary, no one has even proven they have purchased a vita early........ congratz on your walmart job... lol

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted this, but... this isn't a deal. Nobody released the Vita early and since the OP nobody has been able to confirm any other stores releasing the Vita early. We did get to read people who have and haven't worked retail attempt to act superior to each other.

[quote name='bug_nuts']This topic is unnecessary, no one has even proven they have purchased a vita early........ congratz on your walmart job... lol[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck would want to buy it in the first place even if it was available early? Smart people wait for a revision and/or price drop.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Who the fuck would want to buy it in the first place even if it was available early? Smart people wait for a revision and/or price drop.[/QUOTE]

If you always wait for the next best thing theres no point in ever buying anything.

[quote name='admiralvic']If you always wait for the next best thing theres no point in ever buying anything.[/QUOTE]

You don't know what I am talking about so you can get off your high horse, Charles.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You don't know what I am talking about so you can get off your high horse, Charles.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your the one on the high horse. That or your just mad other people have enough extra expendable income to afford the console/get it early. (Which seems like its the case with most blind Vita haters)

[quote name='Nintendonly']You don't know what I am talking about so you can get off your high horse, Charles.[/QUOTE]

The launch games for this are getting outstanding reviews, as is the system...I can't recall the last time something has been released that got 8-9's across the board.

Plus, on the 22nd, Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out with trophies...with trophies!! NG on the go makes me happy.

[quote name='plus1zero']The launch games for this are getting outstanding reviews, as is the system...I can't recall the last time something has been released that got 8-9's across the board.

Plus, on the 22nd, Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out with trophies...with trophies!! NG on the go makes me happy.[/QUOTE]

This ^_^.

Also, hooray for rage....i mean Ninja Gaiden on the go!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Who the fuck would want to buy it in the first place even if it was available early? Smart people wait for a revision and/or price drop.[/QUOTE]

I guess if u work at walmart you have limited funds... wait all day my friend... ill buy this one and the next

Hot Shots Golf > you

[quote name='Nintendonly']Mario Golf > Hot Shots Golf > you[/QUOTE]

LOL you are really blindly hating on the Vita and than try to say that Mario golf is better than Hot Shots Golf. Blatant fan boy responses are coming from you.

If you die in a month you won't get to experience the PS Vita. Will you have the $250 buried with you or will the government end up taking it because you have no will?

[quote name='jkanownik']If you die in a month you won't get to experience the PS Vita. Will you have the $250 buried with you or will the government end up taking it because you have no will?[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lyp7deLn3n1qakgigo1_500.jpg

[quote name='plus1zero']The launch games for this are getting outstanding reviews, as is the system...I can't recall the last time something has been released that got 8-9's across the board.

Plus, on the 22nd, Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out with trophies...with trophies!! NG on the go makes me happy.[/QUOTE]

Where are you looking that is giving Vita games rave reviews? IGN has a couple 8s and 9s but many more 6s. Every game that looks good has a better PS3 version.

Don't get me wrong, I want a Vita. But all the people talking about a "great launch lineup" need to check their heads.

:rofl: Welcome to another exciting episode of As CAG Turns. So much drama, fanboyism and general hatred towards each other over petty shit in one thread. Not to mention it's a thread that somehow is STILL going, even though it's in the words of Gargus 'not a deal'.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Where are you looking that is giving Vita games rave reviews? IGN has a couple 8s and 9s but many more 6s. Every game that looks good has a better PS3 version.

Don't get me wrong, I want a Vita. But all the people talking about a "great launch lineup" need to check their heads.[/QUOTE]

Understand that this is technically the best launch lineup if you are just looking at reviews. IGN only gave 5 games below a 7 score. There are 7 games that got over a 7 and out of those 7, 4 were an 8.5 or above. They do not have many more 6's but many more 8's and above.

Other sites such as Gamespot, Gametrailers, and G4TV have been giving out 7's and above.

Looking at just statistics, this is the best launch line up (review wise) for any game console. The top 5 games right now at Rayman Origins, Super Stardust Delta, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Lumines: Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. Other games are still going strong with average scores of 8s and above. The least liked games are LittleDeviants, Asphalt GT, and Dragon Hunter: Alliance.

All those people saying this is a great launch line up is right, it is. Compared to every other launch line up in videogame history, this one is one of the best.

None of those five games make me want to buy a Vita, that's the problem. I've played them all before, in one form or another. That coupled with the lack of backwards compatibility with PSP games is making me wait.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']None of those five games make me want to buy a Vita, that's the problem. I've played them all before, in one form or another. That coupled with the lack of backwards compatibility with PSP games is making me wait.[/QUOTE]

But seriously, none of those games have to carter to anyone nor will they. I can't wait to play Hot Shots Golf, Lumines, and Rayman Origins. Yes there are PS3 editions of these games but they feel better as portable games imo. That's why I'm getting a PSV day one. I plan on letting it replace my PSP and offer me better gaming than before.

Not eveyone feels the same and expect 20 new I.P.'s on day one which isn't realistic. It'll take time before the PSV becomes a handheld console that has dedicated games that are suited only for it.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']None of those five games make me want to buy a Vita, that's the problem. I've played them all before, in one form or another. That coupled with the lack of backwards compatibility with PSP games is making me wait.[/QUOTE]

No one gives a shit about what you think. So you only play original IPs? Get the fuck out.

But isn't Rayman Origins the only one of those that isn't a Vita exclusive...? And as someone else stated it seems like a better portable game. I have it on 360, but if I didn't already I would buy it on the Vita.

I had a chance to try the Vita at a Sony store this past weekend. What surprised me the most was that the dual analogs were very responsive. And the OLED screen and its black level... :drool: Now I want one.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No one gives a shit about what you think. So you only play original IPs? Get the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

Calm down lady. I didnt say I only play new IPs. I meant that I'm not going to rush out to buy a new system that has a bunch of rehashes at launch and no backwards compatibility.

This is the Internet. If you don't like other peoples opinions, YOU need to get the fuck out.

Almost got a wifi vita last night at Walmart... After she tried ring it through her manager then said "come back in the morning". I should had fought it! But at least I got all the ubisoft games for free.

[quote name='lostmyheadnmind']Almost got a wifi vita last night at Walmart... After she tried ring it through her manager then said "come back in the morning". I should had fought it! But at least I got all the ubisoft games for free.[/QUOTE]

Did an error message show up on the register screen at all? Some Walmarts' systems don't get updated properly and let date sensitive products go through the register nomrally when they aren't supposed to.

The error message is typically "SELL NOT ALLOWED" and cannot be overridden. If a store is desperate enough for sales though, they'll sell it to you by department (which is just making up a UPC #, but fucks up their inventory counts and is something they want to avoid doing).

I love the mentality of people who have to defend their lack of money. You're like the Chevy driver who rags on the Porsche driver. "How could you spend money on THAT?"

[quote name='Nintendonly']Did an error message show up on the register screen at all? Some Walmarts' systems don't get updated properly and let date sensitive products go through the register nomrally when they aren't supposed to.

The error message is typically "SELL NOT ALLOWED" and cannot be overridden. If a store is desperate enough for sales though, they'll sell it to you by department (which is just making up a UPC #, but fucks up their inventory counts and is something they want to avoid doing).[/QUOTE]

Yeah it came up with that error and I went to Kmart and same thing happened again. But she has it on hold for me and said she can sell it on the 21st. I really want that system bad and apparently the best buys in Delaware did receive all the first edition preorders leaving people high and dry.

Your opinion...
Your user name...
Priceless.

So what's the story, will this ring up for purchase at Wally World if you find one, or will you get denied at the register until next Tuesday?

bread's done
Back