PS Vita Games to Get

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Just picked up the AC3 Liberation PS Vita Bundle, and I'm going through a couple lists of Vita games to see which ones I'd be interested in picking up. I probably won't be picking up many right now (already have 5 in the backlog thanks to PS+) but I still like to maintain a list of games that look interesting to me, so they don't fly under the radar and I forget about them.

Here's the list of games I want so far:

FIFA Soccer
Hot Shots Golf
Lego Batman 2
Little Big Planet
Lumines
Modnation Racers
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Smart As...
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4

Dokuro
Escape Plan
New Little King's Story
Orgarhythm
Plants vs Zombies
Puddle
PulzAR
Sound Shapes
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Sunflowers
Super Stardust Delta
Table Ice Hockey
Table Top Tanks
When Vikings Attack

Any other games you guys can recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
You've pretty much named all the good ones, and with Gravity Rush being the best, you've got a good headstart with +. If you like Shooters I'd recommend Unit 13 if you can get it for >$20.

Other than that, of all the games on your list, I'd start with LBP, Smart As & Sound Shapes.

How much did you get the bundle for? I'm going to be buying the same bundle this friday for the BF price. My friend has smart as... and I've played it. It's like Brain age but much better imho. It's definitely one of the titles that I'm going to be buying when I get my Vita.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks. I'm not a shooter fan at all, that's why I glossed over Unit 13. Super excited to start Gravity Rush![/QUOTE]

I figured as much by looking at your list, but thought I'd give it a mention just in case. I used to hate them myself, but started getting into them a little bit over the past few years. I'll never be much for multiplayer, though. :lol:

Oh, and Gravity Rush is definitely one of the best games to come out this year over all consoles, IMO. Even after finishing AC: III, I think I'm prepared to say that Gravity Rush was by far my GotY for 2012. Enjoy!

[quote name='supraazn']How much did you get the bundle for? I'm going to be buying the same bundle this friday for the BF price. My friend has smart as... and I've played it. It's like Brain age but much better imho. It's d efinitely one of the titles that I'm going to be buying when I get my Vita.[/QUOTE]

$249.96 from Amazon. I had more than $150 credit from Best Buy from trading in games, which I converted into Amazon credit via the Kindle gift cards. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if they dropped the price, but I got impatient and just wanted to lock it up. And since I had the Amazon credit (and don't get charged tax on Amazon) I knew I wanted it from Amazon. So I just bought that bundle at full price.

I definitely want to get Smart As..., but I'm hesitant to see what else we get from PS+.

[quote name='Mixer236']I figured as much by looking at your list, but thought I'd give it a mention just in case. I used to hate them myself, but started getting into them a little bit over the past few years. I'll never be much for multiplayer, though. :lol:

Oh, and Gravity Rush is definitely one of the best games to come out this year over all consoles, IMO. Even after finishing AC: III, I think I'm prepared to say that Gravity Rush was by far my GotY for 2012. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I don't get into multiplayer on shooter at all. I do enjoy shooters like Borderlands and Bioshock, because they have other things going for them besides the fact that they're FPS's. But military shooters like CoD do nothing for me. I'm not exactly sure what Unit 13 is, but it looked more like a generic military FPS.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Gravity Rush so much. I have a PS Vita starter kit on the way from Amazon which includes a 4gb memory card. Once I get that I'll be downloading and playing Gravity Rush right away.

Virtue's Last Reward sounds....interesting. I've never played 999 and it seems like most reviews recommended I play that one first.

I have Rayman on PS3 but I'd still like to pick it up for cheap for Vita if I ever stumble upon a good price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']$249.96 from Amazon. I had more than $150 credit from Best Buy from trading in games, which I converted into Amazon credit via the Kindle gift cards. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if they dropped the price, but I got impatient and just wanted to lock it up. And since I had the Amazon credit (and don't get charged tax on Amazon) I knew I wanted it from Amazon. So I just bought that bundle at full price.

I definitely want to get Smart As..., but I'm hesitant to see what else we get from PS+.

I don't get into multiplayer on shooter at all. I do enjoy shooters like Borderlands and Bioshock, because they have other things going for them besides the fact that they're FPS's. But military shooters like CoD do nothing for me. I'm not exactly sure what Unit 13 is, but it looked more like a generic military FPS.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Gravity Rush so much. I have a PS Vita starter kit on the way from Amazon which includes a 4gb memory card. Once I get that I'll be downloading and playing Gravity Rush right away.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, I don't like military shooters either as they don't hold my interest. I also mainly only play FPS' like you mentioned... I think what made me like Unit 13 is there's basically no story, you just do these bite-sized missions and try to score points to get the highest ratings. Each mission is only 5-10 minutes so it's a perfect game to play on a lunch break or in quick bursts whenever you have a few extra minutes. Also, it's actually a third-person shooter.

But anyway, there are definitely far more better experiences to be had on the Vita.

I want Disgaea 3 to be on sale somewhere. I was really hoping for a Vita memory card deal though. Now I'm gonna have to buy the damn 32GB for $80.. gonna hold off though in case someone surprises us.

[quote name='Mixer236']I hear you, I don't like military shooters either as they don't hold my interest. I also mainly only play FPS' like you mentioned... I think what made me like Unit 13 is there's basically no story, you just do these bite-sized missions and try to score points to get the highest ratings. Each mission is only 5-10 minutes so it's a perfect game to play on a lunch break or in quick bursts whenever you have a few extra minutes. Also, it's actually a third-person shooter.

But anyway, there are definitely far more better experiences to be had on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's not an FPS? My bad, I just made the assumption it was.

I just watched the Gamespot review of it and now I'm quite interested. I really like the bite-sized mission structure. Thanks for bringing it up, I'll add it to my list!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh it's not an FPS? My bad, I just made the assumption it was.

I just watched the Gamespot review of it and now I'm quite interested. I really like the bite-sized mission structure. Thanks for bringing it up, I'll add it to my list![/QUOTE]

No problem, happy to be of service.

I've been playing Gravity Rush since Tuesday and it is amazing!

Some more titles to consider:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Ragnarok Odyssey (demo available on psn)

I'm hesitant to pick up Modnation Racers. I've only tried the demo at BB, but it seems to have crazy long load times like the ps3 version. I just ordered NFS Most Wanted from Origin for $20 to quench my racing needs. Will also probably pick up Burnout Legends psp (i.e. Burnout 3 Xbox) for $10 (this one won't show up on your vita's psn store, but you can buy on ps3 and then transfer to vita).

bread's done
Back