PS Vita got me back into gaming.

TheNeck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So i just got a ps vita wifi from AWD this past Monday, and all i can say is I'm hooked. I'm always checking out CAG for any deals on games, as well as checking out deals on SDs.

I have a 360, a PS3, Wii, & 3 x 3DS in our household currently. So I am a gamer, but its been a while since I really got into video games. The last time was when the original SF4 came out and i played around 5000 matches online and also went to http://evo.shoryuken.com/ 2 years in a row.

Even when I got the 1st 3DS, the day it came out, i wasn't hooked like I am with my vita.

Right now I have 4 games, Uncharted, Unit 13, UMvC3, and Super Stardust Delta.

I've never played the Uncharted games on the PS3 much other than the 1st one, and I didnt care for it at the time. But the vita version I love it, and I'm around 30% into the game right now(I haven't beaten a console game in a long time, i can't even remember the last console game I've beaten. The only game I've beaten lately was on the ipad2, Kingdom Rush(Such an AWESOME game)). I like it so much I finally played Uncharted 2(I bought the game for either $5-$10 thanks to CAG) last night for the 1st time, and actually really liked it.

Also I really like PSN network for the vita, which i think is one of the reasons i really like the vita, the only complaint is some PSP games are too expensive. :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've been on the fence still on which system to get in order for me to play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Either a 3DS or a Vita.

So far you got me leaning towards a Vita, besides that free Vita game Motor Storm RC.

The only real thing really stopping me from buying either is a hardware revision and/or price drop.

The 3DS being remade with a the circle pad pro built in. Vita having TV out and dual shock 3 support for the PSP/PS1 games (I really want these). I know neither of these things have been even hinted at.

Yeah i didnt get the vita wifi at launch only because of the hefty $249.99 price tag. So when I saw AWD had a used - good for $162.49 i had to give it a shot. Which I am totally glad I did, totally worth it in my opinion.

I doubt their will be a price drop this year for the vita, but you never know. I'm sure around BF they will have some good deals, like get a $50 GC when purchasing a vita, which I will get another vita for my son for xmas.

Unless there are 3DS exclusive games that you really want to play, you should get the vita, especially if you have a PS3.

The VITA is an impressive piece of hardware and it's nice to hear a new adopter loving it. I think one of the best things about it for me is being able to pause any game at any time even during a cutscene and get back to it so quickly later. Great feature.

[quote name='jkam']The VITA is an impressive piece of hardware and it's nice to hear a new adopter loving it. I think one of the best things about it for me is being able to pause any game at any time even during a cutscene and get back to it so quickly later. Great feature.[/QUOTE]

This is what really keeps me into it. Most days i put 30 minutes to an hour into the Vita and nice i can just literally pause it and come back anywhere from a few minutes to days later. The standby function really doesn't use that much battery as far as i can tell.

This system has so much potential to be more than just another "handheld" console and hopefully the sales and games will start to reflect that in the next year or so. If not, i still enjoy my purchase of it on day one and wouldn't ask for anything different.

bread's done
Back