PS Vita Starter Kit w/ Memory Card $22.50 @ Wal-Mart YMMV

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Was at Wal-Mart about an hour ago in The Colony, TX and noticed they had the Sony PS Vita Starter Kit w/ 4GB Memory Card for $22.50.

Kit includes:

4GB Memory Card
Carrying Case
Ear Buds
Microfiber Cloth
Screen Protector

Decent price considering 4GB Cards are already $19.99.

Hope this isn't a repeated thread.

This is a solid deal for people that need supplies for their PSV. I almost got it when i needed more than my base 4 gig card but I have the Vault case which meets all my case needs and now have plenty of memory cards

I got this when it was on sale for $30 & these a few things that people should know
The "carrying case" is nothing more than a thin pouch. I store the other stuff in it since there's zero protection for the vita. It won't get scratched that's it. The earbuds suck as well super basic. Your paying for the memory card, cloth & screen protector that's what to expect.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']How are the earbuds?[/QUOTE]plain basic below the ones that come with Apple products. The cheap $10 Skullcandy's that TRU are a 10 outta 10 in comparsion.

I'd suggest getting this starter kit for just $5 instead
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
The vault cause and/or pull n go folio when it's on sale for $20
You can get better buds elsewhere & the bigger memory cards will be on sale for reasonalbe prices when the price drop comes probably around June for E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
frankly i think one would just be wasting money here. 4gb is not enough, especially considering that to take full advantage of Vita right now it is almost necessary to sign up for Plus, which render the 4gb card practically useless.

[quote name='wasabi5858']frankly i think one would just be wasting money here. 4gb is not enough, especially considering that to take full advantage of Vita right now it is almost necessary to sign up for Plus, which render the 4gb card practically useless.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Some of the individual games are well over 3 gigs, plus there are patches & game installs.

I'm going to pick up a Vita at some point this year, but I am hoping they announce a new model that uses SD or MicroSD. Yeah, dreaming. LOL.

bread's done
Back