ps2 back log of games

asthmatic

CAGiversary!
The only game i played on the ps2 was gran turismo 4 on my bros console. I have the original 60 gig ps3 and i want to know which games are worth hunting down and playing for the ps2. Please help me.

If this isn't a hamster dance I don't know what is...

That said--

God of War I and II (love 'em both; mindless button mashers they may be but they're just so friggin' addictive and FUN; plus you can get 'em both on the cheap)
Final Fantasy X (as I stated in another thread, this is the game that got me hooked on both my PS2 and RPGs in general)
Ratchet and Clank-Up Your Arsenal (I haven't played the first two, but this game is definitely in the top three platformers I've ever played)
Shadow Hearts: Covenant (played all three in the series and this is the one that stands out for me; interesting combat system, excellent graphics and humor)
Silent Hill 2 (the first Silent Hill game I ever played, and still the best)
Black (FPS with BIG explosions and all the bells and whistles you could want)

Really there are just too many good games to list. I tried to give a sample of different genres for your perusal.

Right this second I'm playing Silent Hill: Origins, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Final Fantasy XII, and Kingdom Hearts II. Meanwhile my Wii, Gamecube, and Xbox are collecting a nice layer of dust...

Here's some other games I highly recommend checking out (if not on PS2, then at least on some system). I should also disclose I'm a big Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, and Hot Shots Golf fan :)

• Okami: If you like great games, you need to play this
  • We Love Katamari: Pure awesomeness - that's all I can say
  • Space Channel 5 Special Edition: No mainstream Guitar Hero garbage here - this is true rhythm gaming!
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: The best in the series (I've only played the PC version, but I figure it's pretty close) - the original and Pandora Tomorrow were also awesome. idk about the PS2 version of Double Agent, though - the PC version (the one I have) is different from the PS2 version
  • Metal Gear Solid Collection: MGS 1 is still great today, 10 years after it was released. And the last few hours of MGS 3 are possibly the best of any game I've ever played.
Do need to give honorable mentions to GTA: San Andreas (best in the series - and far, far, far better than GTA IV), ICO (I recall it was pretty cool - idk, I really gotta play through it again), Hot Shots Golf FORE! (far better than 3 - characters are hilarious plus way more courses), and Tomb Raider Legend (only played the PC version, but easily the best since TR II)

I've heard awesome things about Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4, and Shadow of the Colossus, but sadly they're both still in my backlog.

thanks for the feed back and wide selection of genres. i'll start typing out a list that i could bring around to try to find these games used.

Shadow of the Colossus
Okami
Rygar
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Tekken 5
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Capcom vs SNK 2

Can you tell I'm into fighters?

I'm not a big fan of fighting games but I liked the Ratchet and Clank series, GTA series, Gran Turismo 4, Call of Duty series. Medal of Honor was okay, graphics were horrible though. My friends and I used to get together and play Black Hawk Down too, I don't have it and haven't played it since COD4 for PS3. A freind also had Battlefield 2 which is a great game.

Dark Alliance was a good game too, I've been keeping my eye out for the 2nd one in the series but it's way rare. Seen it once for $45 at Gamers used and thought I'd wait.

Onimusha 1-3 - cheap action/samurai/horror(?) series, a personal favorite.

Z.O.E. The 2nd Runner - crazy giant robot action game, great if you like drugs.

Anything Shin Megami Tensei - horror/sci-fi JRPGs that destroy almost anything else on the PS2.

Sly Cooper & the Thievius Raccoonus - Great cartoon platformer.

Valkyrie Profile 2 - JRPG with platforming and classic side-scrolling style.

Devil May Cry trilogy - Action/horror/shooter/beat 'em up, solid series.

Viewtiful Joe - side-scrolling beat 'em up with impeccable style.

Okami - Action/adventure crazy visuals and some interesting game play, not my favorite but everyone loves it.

Prince of Persia trilogy - Action/adventure/platformer series, great games although most people hate The Warrior Within.

Silent Hill 2 - Action/adventure/horror, best story on PS2 as far as I'm concerned, just play it.

Ratchet and Clank series - Action/adventure/shooter/platformer, best platformers on PS2 if you ask me.

I could find more, but for now you're good to go.

bread's done
Back