PS2 Bundle at BB Outlet - $119.99!

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
You get a PS2, an extra controller (Emerald color) and Ratchet: Deadlocked for $119.99. Not a bad deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?skuId=8108709&st=8108709+&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1158318842165

Here's a picture of the Emerald Dualshock:
31GVKSQFP4L._SL500_AA220_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And judging by the picture, it is the older ps2 slim, not the newest version...Wasn't this combination also a holiday bundle package Best Buy did last year?

yeah that was a bundle from the previous year. I was trying to find one of those at the time. Ended up getting a silver.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']it'd be nice if it had a memory card. those are pretty cheap though now probably.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen them cheap. They are still $20-30 for an official PS card.

[quote name='Smallville123']Ps2 is dead to me....[/QUOTE]
You are crazy. PS2 is far from dead. Yeah the focus of systems has changed, but the PS2 still has couple of great games coming out. Kingdom Hearts RE: Chains will be out Dec. 2, 2008. Yeah it is a remake of the GBA version, but it will seem like a new game with the graphical overhaul and added stuff. PS2 still gets much love out there.

[quote name='Smallville123']Ps2 is dead to me....[/QUOTE]

Have you had someone look at it? It might be just a power supply problem.

[quote name='K_G']And judging by the picture, it is the older ps2 slim, not the newest version...Wasn't this combination also a holiday bundle package Best Buy did last year?[/QUOTE]

What's the difference between them?

seem like a good deal.... esp considering that GS was/is offering $100 (towards next gen) for a phat ps2 and a couple $2 games. But I have the EE 60G PS3.... so PS2 is dead to me too.

[quote name='spiderdog']What's the difference between them?[/quote]

The power brick is now integrated inside the unit, so it just has a standard AC cord instead of a cord to a power brick with an AC cord going into the power brick. Not a big deal, but nice if you were already using it in a tight space. Also a new vertical stand has been developed for this model but I don't think it has been released in the US as of yet. The power button and disk tray release button look a little different as well...I think they are a little easier to see vs the older slim version.

Visually, the older model has glossy stripe on the top cover with matte on either side, the newer version has a glossy bottom 3rd.

This is a press release from the Japanese launch of the newest PS2 last year...I believe the the specs are the identical to the US version
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/071106ae.html

Last edited by a moderator:
My old slim PS2 has started to scratch disks after only 3-4 years of use. I don't know if that's a common problem or not though.

bread's done
Back