PS2 DDRMAX2 $15.99 on clearance at Shopko YMMV

thetoxicone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I saw a pile of these at a Shopko marked down to $15.99. I would've jumped on the deal if I didn't already get the game and a pad for $25 from a Sam Goody that was closing down a while back. If you have a Shopko in your area it might be worth checking out.

dam i payed a full $60 for them witht he pad when it came out....i dotn even use the damn pad...great price great game..any deals on the first one??

Great price for an awesome game (best US PS2 game out IMO).

[quote name='guyver2077']any deals on the first one??[/quote]

Not really (I am guesing you are talking about Max 1). DDR games tend to hold their value very well (the old US PSX DDR games are worth twice as much as their original MSRP except Konamix) because DDR has been gaining in popularity more than usual recently.

Outpost.com does have it for $29.99 though

[quote name='guyver2077']dam i payed a full $60 for them witht he pad when it came out....i dotn even use the damn pad...great price great game..any deals on the first one??[/quote]

You don't use the pad? Isn't that the whole point? I don't think you burn as many calories pushing the button on the controller. :roll:

The game can still be fun without using a dance pad (I still like to play DDR on Gameboy Color when I can't play the regular DDR) but yeah I agree that the point of the game is to use the dance pad.

You can burn a ton of calories on some songs. Like on Max 300 standard, I can burn 50 calories in 90 seconds!

Hmmm...

*adds a couple entries to his "morbidly obese CAGs to avoid list*

J/K.

Please don't tell me you guys actually use DRR as a form of excercise, because that's just lame. Ever heard of sports, yea they're another alternative that doesn't make you guys as nerdly as you currently are.

I don't play DDR primarily for exercise but I see it as an added benefit

Why isn't DDR a legitimate form of exercise? It's fun, you are listening to great music, playing a game and burning calories at the same time.

And I would hardly call playing DDR (or playing it for exercise) nerdy. Who really cares what the game looks like or how different it is, if it's fun to play, that's all that should matter.

Ever heard of sports, yea they're another alternative that doesn't make you guys as nerdly as you currently are.

Yea, we could take steps to become less nerdy. But sadly, you being an asshole is permenant. :(

i prefer geek, but whatever.

is shopko a regional store? cause im out in the southwest. my friend bought it recently and now im addicted so i want to get one (pad) for 2-player.

and i dont care what jocks say, its good exercise. just because youre afraid of dancing doesnt mean you have to rip on us smooth criminals

Yep Shopko is regional (Midwest) and generally they have prices 5-10 dollars higher than most regular stores on games so that why I was so shocked to see this on clearance. So people not in the midwest aren't missing out on much by not having shopko's around

[quote name='jazzchamp']Update:

DDRMax 2 is now $9.99 at Shopko.

Saw a few at the local store today.[/quote]

Buy this now. Max2 is the best console version of DDR in the US. Awesome selection of songs.

But i don't even have a playstation!

I have DDR 2nd mix for DC with two imported pads, and the XBox Ultramix. I don't own a PS2:(

I may still have to pick this up... just in case ;)

1) Forgive my ignorance, but does this come with a pad?

2) Does anyone want to pick one up for me? Trade for Dark Cloud 2, maybe?

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='jazzchamp']Update:

DDRMax 2 is now $9.99 at Shopko.

Saw a few at the local store today.[/quote]

Buy this now. Max2 is the best console version of DDR in the US. Awesome selection of songs.[/quote]

Yeah. It does have a great songlist, especially Ghosts 8)

Too bad none of the US DDR versions compare to the Japanese versions. I just got done playing 2 hours of the Japanese version of Max 2 and there were so many great songs left out of the US version (like Nothing Gonna Stop, Living In America, Waka Laka, Baby Love Me etc.)

What I wouldn't give for a modded ps2. You see the song list for Extreme? I hope the US release can compare, or at least attempt too...

I have the import of Extreme but haven't opened it yet (I bought a Japanese PS2 just for DDR and Bemani games).

Right now for the US release of Extreme the confirmed songs are: Sweet Sweet Love Magic, Can't Stop Fallin In Love Speed Mix, A Stupid Barber and possibly the Reflex (a screen shot of US Extreme shows the step pattern to it).

I really want to see Petit Love and Senorita Speedy Mix on US Extreme since Petit Love was never released on a home version and Senorita was left out the import of Extreme. But I know that will never happen :(

Yeah, the problem is there are no arcades in my area anymore and the few arcades that I even have access to don't have DDR, Beatmania, Keyboard Mania, Pop N Music, Guitar Freaks etc. so the only way I was ever going to play those games was if I bought the home versions.

I used to go to arcades at least once a week and spent $5-$10 and now I go to the arcade maybe once every 2 months so I figure that all the money I would have spent in the arcade went to "bringing the arcade" home so I could play those games.

[quote name='lucid']i prefer geek, but whatever.

is shopko a regional store? cause im out in the southwest. my friend bought it recently and now im addicted so i want to get one (pad) for 2-player.

and i dont care what jocks say, its good exercise. just because youre afraid of dancing doesnt mean you have to rip on us smooth criminals[/quote]
i perfer dork

Hey Yoshifan...I recently acquired a plethora of Bemani games and I have access to a cheap copy of Pop N Music, What exactly is it and hows it play?

It's kind of like Beatmania but with 9 buttons and no turn table. In the arcade the buttons are almost like taplight dome buttons (going on pictures, since there are only 3 machines in the US, I have never seen one).

I have Pop N Music Disney Tunes and the small controller. It's really a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, the small controller has flat buttons but it's really the only option except for spending $450+ on the arcade style replica controller.

Here's some info about the game (page is in Japanese but has lots of pictures):
http://www.konami.co.jp/am/popn/music8/howto/play.html

Which version of the game do you have access to? Some of the early games only have 12 or so songs and some Pop N Music games are appends and require a key disc to play.

If you want to see some videos of the game go here:
http://www.savageddr.com/media/videos/pnm

The video features someone using the Ransai controller (home made arcade style controller) and not the standard smaller home controller but will give you an idea of what the gameplay is like.

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']Hmmm...

*adds a couple entries to his "morbidly obese CAGs to avoid list*

J/K.

Please don't tell me you guys actually use DRR as a form of excercise, because that's just lame. Ever heard of sports, yea they're another alternative that doesn't make you guys as nerdly as you currently are.[/quote]

Wow. You're a fag. Go buy a Madden game.

bread's done
Back