PS2 Games 75% off at GS (NOW ONLINE!)

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Title says it all. Theyve been 75% off in store for like 3 months, but now its online too. 

Go n Gyet it.

Saver Stacks with this for free shipping,

*Saver applies to PRE DISCOUNT...so if you get a game for 29.99 that will give free shipping despite your actual total being 75% of 29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the 9 games i ordered all are disc only (which i ecpected), 2 of them are the wrong game and every disc is in dog shit condition with most having scratches on the top of the disc which renders them pretty useless. The bottom side doesn't look much better, you think a company as big as gamestop would invest in better resurfacers. All the struggling mom and pop stores in my area have solid resurfacers so why the hell is gamestop using a $100 jfj to resurface?

I really don't know why I even bother with this company. Gohastings is a headache too but at least there's a chance you will get a good copy. GGamestop is a shitty company, i need to stop being tempted by these deals when I know what the outcome will be.

Not even gonna bother ordering from GS since I would like my PS2 games to be complete(case and manual) and devoid of scratches/gashes. Thanks though OP

Of the 9 games i ordered all are disc only (which i ecpected), 2 of them are the wrong game and every disc is in dog shit condition with most having scratches on the top of the disc which renders them pretty useless. The bottom side doesn't look much better, you think a company as big as gamestop would invest in better resurfacers. All the struggling mom and pop stores in my area have solid resurfacers so why the hell is gamestop using a $100 jfj to resurface?

I really don't know why I even bother with this company. Gohastings is a headache too but at least there's a chance you will get a good copy. GGamestop is a shitty company, i need to stop being tempted by these deals when I know what the outcome will be.
Scratches on the top side of DVDs doesn't necessarily render them useless. That's just for CDs.

Either way I won't be surprised if I have to return 90% of what I get.

Scratches on the top side of DVDs doesn't necessarily render them useless. That's just for CDs.

Either way I won't be surprised if I have to return 90% of what I get.
interesting, i was always under the impression that if you hold a disc up to the light and can see straight through that the game will eventually glitch or freeze when it gets to that point of the data.

I'm not sure I'll be able to test those scratched games fully before the 30 days is up. I'll probably just return them to be safe. What a bummer, only one disc didn't have bad scratching on the topside.

interesting, i was always under the impression that if you hold a disc up to the light and can see straight through that the game will eventually glitch or freeze when it gets to that point of the data.

I'm not sure I'll be able to test those scratched games fully before the 30 days is up. I'll probably just return them to be safe. What a bummer, only one disc didn't have bad scratching on the topside.
One thing to note: You can only return PS2 games to a GS that itself sells PS2 games. I found this out when I tried to return two games to a store that didn't sell PS2 games (that store is one of my favorites, so I trust the employee who said so).

That sucks man, but thanks for letting us know. I really want Devil Summoner 2, but no oint in lurking the website waiting for a restock if thats the condition its in. I'm just going to buy it from Amazon.

Put em in your PC and try to make a disc image of them...thats how I usually test my PS2 games.

I like to have my games complete with cases and manual but ever since this 75% sale started I just can't say no to those prices. Accumulated at least 50 PS2 games since it has started and got a lot of gems I missed.

From the website I got my order, got 4 games with 3 generic cases. My local GameStop did in fact get more PS2 games, so I'll be checking in once in awhile. Got 9 more there yesterday as well.

I'll need to remember to ask for cases more often, they look nicer than being in a folder. The guy at GameStop gave me lots of cases that were purple (I'm guessing for Kinect). I started printing out covers from TheCoverProject at Staples and cutting them out and sticking them in. They look really good on the generic black cases and makes them look more complete. It's gonna look a little off with the purple case but I can't complain.

Yeah, they were smart enough to put a layer of plastic underneath the label for DVDs so the data isn't right there. Although with the discs we're all going to get here it probably won't matter.

That tip about making an image of them is a good idea... I'll have to do that as well.

Chances are, if they can barely sell the games for 9¢ a pop after 14 years, they aren't going to devote their efforts to flawlessly buffing the game discs.

The ones I bought online last year had this weird gunk in the center rings Not sure what they were using, but they had some sort of post-buffer cleaning solution seeped inside them. They seemed to work alright, but the gunk is an eye sore. Of course, you have to expect the discs to be damaged goods in the first place. If they weren't, their original owners wouldn't have traded them in.

I went out and bought a used PS2 specifically for the used games I got at the Gamestop sale. I did not want to risk my origin 39000 model PS2 on them. Out of everything I've tried so far, only my copy of Gradius III & IV is unplayable. Someone nicked up the cover art so bad, you can put the disc up to the light and practically see through various spots.

I am curious to know which two you orders and which two you got instead, though.

all ps2 games in store are 75% off as well right? I remember going to a GS a month back and them saying its not. Is it YMMV if some are and aren't? (Persona 4 came to mind last month when I tried snagging it up as the 75% off started)  i set in store pick up for a few titles. will hopefully find out tomorrow.

One thing to note: You can only return PS2 games to a GS that itself sells PS2 games. I found this out when I tried to return two games to a store that didn't sell PS2 games (that store is one of my favorites, so I trust the employee who said so).
That's actually not true. I bought a bunch at various Gamestops last month and then returned the non working ones at the Gamestop by my house which doesn't carry PS2 games anymore. The guy either lied or was mistaken.

That's actually not true. I bought a bunch at various Gamestops last month and then returned the non working ones at the Gamestop by my house which doesn't carry PS2 games anymore. The guy either lied or was mistaken.
I think they usually just don't want to take the returns because it means they have to ship them off to a store that still carries them. I've been able to return them before but the employee acted like I was putting a huge burden on him.

So in 4 days, they're down to less than 50 titles left on the website.  Holy crap, either they really didn't add that much, or they got raped by hoarders.  fuck

So in 4 days, they're down to less than 50 titles left on the website. Holy crap, either they really didn't add that much, or they got raped by hoarders. fuck
I'm not really sure what you expected... Probably not even hoarders but people just buying games. It's not like there are infinite quantities of these games and they're at a huge markdown.

So in 4 days, they're down to less than 50 titles left on the website. Holy crap, either they really didn't add that much, or they got raped by hoarders. fuck
Damn hoarders, buying up all of the scratched, disc only games left over that don't even work.

Thankfully my store still carries a few in stock besides all them damn Guitar Heroes. Grabbed Digimon World Data Squad and RPG Maker 2. Wish I got in on all the RPGS on the site though before they vanished...

Got my first 3 games in. 

Def Jam NY and Samurai Shodown Anthology both came disc-only but work.

My War of the Monsters had a Monster Jam disc instead (wrong game) so I returned it.

Ill update when my full order gets here today.

According to the locator, a store about 100mi away from me has a shitton of games including almost every niche/rpg title.  I'm guessing at this point they either dont have them, or the manager (who is a known hoarder) has them on hold for himself. 

I'll probably call the store and see what the deal is with them, if they're on hold for the manager (some of the games have been located at the store since September 2012) I guess I could try my luck with the district manager. 

Got back from one of the few GS's in my district (Portland, OR) that actually carries PS2 games:

• DDR MAX $0.75,
  • Simpsons: The Game $2.50,
  • Obscure: the Aftermath $5.00,
  • Time Crisis 3 (game only) $1.00.
Not a bad haul, though it's got me interested in a Guncon now for Time Crisis... It's really awkward using the thumbstick to move the crosshairs.  :headache:

Was out on a trip and stopped at a GS on the way.

Warriors Orochi  $2.25

Persona 4  $6.75

World Heroes Anthology  $1.13

We Love Katamari  3.37

Psychonauts  $3.37

Spartan Total Warrior  $2.93

Gladius  $1.35

They even had a few GC games:

Puya Pop Fever $1.57

Preview Disc $0.67

They had a TON of PS2 network adapters, I grabbed the best one I could find and it rang up $0.44.

Never seen a GameCube preview disc before.

Was out on a trip and stopped at a GS on the way.

Warriors Orochi $2.25

Persona 4 $6.75

World Heroes Anthology $1.13

We Love Katamari 3.37

Psychonauts $3.37

Spartan Total Warrior $2.93

Gladius $1.35

They even had a few GC games:

Puya Pop Fever $1.57

Preview Disc $0.67

They had a TON of PS2 network adapters, I grabbed the best one I could find and it rang up $0.44.

Never seen a GameCube preview disc before.
Damn... why can't any of my stores have network adapters? If anyone has extras I could trade some of the games I picked up or just reimburse you.

If I'd known that they were difficult to come by, I would have grabbed a bunch to trade.
I'm not sure if they are or not but none of the 4 stores nearby have had them. Looks like they go for about $10 on eBay?

Checking the site it looks like almost every other store that *isn't* nearby has them. It's all a conspiracy.

I'm not sure if they are or not but none of the 4 stores nearby have had them. Looks like they go for about $10 on eBay?

Checking the site it looks like almost every other store that *isn't* nearby has them. It's all a conspiracy.
pretty sure these are going to go up in price after GS runs out of them...

bread's done
Back