PS2 Greatest Hit Discount (Target) YMMV

richdmoore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
At a local target store (Washington Square Mall, Tigard, OR) they had 4 of the gratest hits games for 14.99 rather than 19.99. The games were:
God of War
Socom 3
One of the Rachet and Clank games forget which one
One of the Tony Hawk games, #8 I think, all them look the same to me.

They were all greatest hits games that were normally 19.99, the other ones were still 19.99 when I used the price scanners they have scattered around the store.

They also had several PS3 systems for those who may still be looking. (Normal price)

My target did this a while back too, resident evil 4 and star wars III are the only ones that stood out though.

Mine had a bunch of nice GC games, Fire Emblem, Geist, Chibi-Robo, all the ones that EB discounted, basically. They also had Capcom Classics Mini Mix and Gun.

The Ratchet & Clank game was Ratchet: Deadlocked.

Also, the third Sly Cooper game had a "temporary price cut" of $14.99. I almost bought it but I decided to wait since I haven't even played the second one yet. >_< Could be YMMV though.

I don't want to thread crap or anything, but you may want to put this in the Target Clearance thread or maybe the regional forums. These are always YMMV like the Walmart deals.

[quote name='foundation']I don't want to thread crap or anything, but you may want to put this in the Target Clearance thread or maybe the regional forums. These are always YMMV like the Walmart deals.[/quote]

I thought that the big threads were for deals that employees/vendors/etc found out a week ahead of time and leaked on the internet, rather than finding a deal in a local store by a patron. I guess a moderator can combine this thread into that one if needed.

Yeah, it was Rachet and Clank Dedlocked game, forgot the name of it. Resident Evil 4 was still 19.99, that's the game I used to see if it was only the 4 titles that had a tag on them, or all of the greatest hits games. Guess the titles vary by store on this one.

Yeah, I don't think Target "temporary price cuts" are regional deals - should apply everywhere (unlike, say, Walmart). It is also not really a clearance (orange/red sticker item) so it doesn't belong in that thread either. This is kind of in between the two types of Target deals (weekly ads and clearance) so it merits it's own thread, IMO.

I am also in OR near Tigard, and at a different Target I saw God of War for $14.99. I didn't really look at any of the others. They also had 6 PS3's in stock at closing Friday night ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, I don't think Target "temporary price cuts" are regional deals - should apply everywhere (unlike, say, Walmart). It is also not really a clearance (orange/red sticker item) so it doesn't belong in that thread either. This is kind of in between the two types of Target deals (weekly ads and clearance) so it merits it's own thread, IMO.[/QUOTE]

My mistake I guess.. :oops:

I checked my Target earlier. Seems it is only for certain games in the Greatest Hits list. I scanned God of War, Jak II, Jak III and Resident Evil 4. GoW and JII rang up for $14.99, while JIII and RE4 rang up at regulare $19.99 price.

Dunno if this is being done at every Target, but I've noticed that mine started cutting down on their GH titles, as well as the GameCube Player's Choice and Xbox Platinum Hits games on display. Before there were two displays, now it's been cut down to one and has a very minimal amount of anything but PS2 GH titles.

bread's done
Back