PS2 GTA's to be bundled for the PS3????

I'm not sure who this will matter to - those game haven't aged well (not just graphically) and hasn't everyone played them already?

id only be interested if they added some kind of mutiplayer and the visuals need to be uped alot. is it possible for the to use the gta4 engine and put all the gta worlds together on one disk? or yeah a complete remae of san andreas would be the shit. as i recall theres alot of stuff they wanted to do with it originally that they couldnt pull off due to the limitations of the disk ( like working car washes) id also want to see wild animals roaming around the wooded areas of the game and a vegas area that actually looked and felt like vegas ( las venturas was very dissapointing) and yes multiplayer. and add in sharks , bigfoot and aliens.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='javeryh']I'm not sure who this will matter to - those game haven't aged well (not just graphically) and hasn't everyone played them already?[/QUOTE]

I agree about the first two, but I still find San Andreas quite enjoyable. In fact I would play it any day over GTAIV if forced to choose between the two.

If you can get past the admittedly crappy visuals then these games are still fun. However, I've already beaten them and own all three, and I'm sure everyone else has done the same years ago.

If the GoW Collection goes well, I'm betting pretty much every company is going to start packing collections on BDs with half-assed additions (like trophies).

Don't get me wrong, I think the GoW Collection is going to be well worth it since it sounds like they're actually putting some effort into remastering the games and I've already got it pre-ordered. But I have no intention or desire to replay most other series (GTA included). Besides GoW, a ICO/SotC collection is the only other collection I want (if it happens).

They sure didn't waste any time, rip out of BC in all future systems and then sell us the games in compilations later. Nice.

[quote name='Vinny']If the GoW Collection goes well, I'm betting pretty much every company is going to start packing collections on BDs with half-assed additions (like trophies).

Don't get me wrong, I think the GoW Collection is going to be well worth it since it sounds like they're actually putting some effort into remastering the games and I've already got it pre-ordered. But I have no intention or desire to replay most other series (GTA included). Besides GoW, a ICO/SotC collection is the only other collection I want (if it happens).[/QUOTE]

You dont have to buy them if you dont like the game, and i wouldnt called it half assed when its got more AA, higher resolution and trophys. I am now more inclined to buy a game ive played before just because of those reasons alone.

However if they were just stuck on the PS store, then i dont think i would get them. That would be half assed. And i think companys know that re-packaging 5 year old games with updated visuals and trophys is what people want.

[quote name='Mindboggle']You dont have to buy them if you dont like the game, and i wouldnt called it half assed when its got more AA, higher resolution and trophys. I am now more inclined to buy a game ive played before just because of those reasons alone.

However if they were just stuck on the PS store, then i dont think i would get them. That would be half assed. And i think companys know that re-packaging 5 year old games with updated visuals and trophys is what people want.[/QUOTE]

I understand that I don't have to buy it but that's not what bothers me. I just think that if these collections do take off, companies are going to start putting their time into recollecting old games which will divert developers away from working on sequels or even new IPs.

bread's done
Back