ps2 HDD help

dino3333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've had the HDD for the ps2 for a while now. I installed it but I don't play FFXI so it doesn't get used. I haven't really thought about this until now but is there a way to use the HDD as a memory card and save games to it? I just thought about it cuz I ran out of space on my memory card and I can't find any cheap ones yet.

You can move stuff to the HD and empty out a card, but you'll still have to load of the memory card.

[quote name='red flare graf']I think you just select a save file and tell it to copy to your hard drive from within the memory card browser.[/QUOTE]

I tried that but there isn't an option to save it to the HD

[quote name='CaseyRyback']you have to create a folder on the hard drive to store game saves onto it.[/QUOTE]

How do I create a folder for saved games?

Ah, sorry then.. I haven't had my PS2 hooked up in a long time, not much worth playing on it lately, unfortunately. I didn't think it would be too difficult though.

[quote name='dino3333']How do I create a folder for saved games?[/QUOTE]
good question.
I would like to know as well. I haven't actually tried, but knowing before doing is always better.

1. Make a folder on the HDD. Name it Saved Games or something like that. (to create a new folder, enter the browser menu on startup, choos HDD, choose create new folder, name it and you've created a new folder)

2. Insert memory card.

3. Enter Browser from the start up screen (right when you turn on the PS2 with no game in it.

4. Select Memory Card

5. Select data you want to transfer, press x

6. Pick Move. Scroll through the options until you see your Saved Games folder on the HDD.

7. Press x

8. Send me $5.00 paypal for the help.

[quote name='scsg75']1. Make a folder on the HDD. Name it Saved Games or something like that. (to create a new folder, enter the browser menu on startup, choos HDD, choose create new folder, name it and you've created a new folder).[/QUOTE]

Thats the part that i didnt know how to do. but i figured it out now thnx alot. you kinda have to select the HD by going into the HD then selecting it on the top left corner - for people who were confused like i was (Santurio).

to make a folder (from my experience with he HDD):

1. go into the hard drive

2. move the light/cursor over to the HDD icon in the upper left of the screen (press up I think).

3. Press Triangle (or was it X...?) to get options.

4. Create Folder... name it... badda bing badda boom!

some games (like URBz) have the ability to save on the hardrive, but most games do not support this. If a game does save on the HDD, it makes a folder called "My Saves".

the thing that blows is that you have to copy one file at a time... i don't belive there's an option to copy an entire memory card to your PS2 HD.

[quote name='evilmax17']Anyone know if you can copy PS1 save files to the HDD, and then transfer them back if need be?[/QUOTE]

:( dont remind me, yea you can do that, but i wouldnt rely on the harddrive , one slip of the system or power outage and entire hd is deleted

There are a few games that can use the HDD as a memory card, such as the ESPN games from last year and the year before that and maybe this year's 2k games. The RE Outbreak games use it to lessen loading time (really well) as well as a couple other games that I can't remember. I just use mine to hold saves to games I don't own so I don't have useless saves on my memory cards.

bread's done
Back