PS2 Headset question

hatim813

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, a quick question, I'm planning on buying a cheap headset for my pc, but i dont want to spend a lot of money for no reason, so, here is my question: Can i use this ps2 headset for my pc? Click the link below:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5979881&type=product&id=1061770059466

if you cant click it, its the ps2 headset from sony. Will that work? It says Sony, but the box in store and in the add is the logitech. Is it the same thing? let me know as soon as possible

-thanks

but then what about all the comments i hear from people on other websites saying it doesnt work because it needs a driver, or that the ps2 driver in it wont work with the pc?

[quote name='hatim813']but then what about all the comments i hear from people on other websites saying it doesnt work because it needs a driver, or that the ps2 driver in it wont work with the pc?[/QUOTE]

i didnt need any drivers for it to work on my pc...just plug it in and it'll work with any sound that would normally go through your speakers

[quote name='hatim813']if you cant click it, its the ps2 headset from sony. Will that work? It says Sony, but the box in store and in the add is the logitech. Is it the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Yes, *all* official PS2 headsets are made by Logitech for Sony.

Not only does it work, I have mine set up so that ventrillo only goes though it, whereas the "regular" sounds and music come from my speakers, quite handy.

[quote name='DMFunk']Not only does it work, I have mine set up so that ventrillo only goes though it, whereas the "regular" sounds and music come from my speakers, quite handy.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

What I would really like to do, would be to use a PC stereo headphone with a microphone on a PS2, and have ALL of my sound go thru one device. Is this possible? Even better, I would like it to be wireless.

Right now, I am using a Sony wireless headset plugged into my PS2 VGA Box, and then putting my PS2 headset over the top, and it gets a little uncomfortable. The Sony wireless stereo headphones I am happy with, the PS2 headset I do not like.

bread's done
Back