PS2 Internet Setup

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
Ok, so I'm home for the next week or so for Spring Break, and brought my PS2 and Subsisence with me...but the interne in my house is entirely wireless, except the router that is in another room and not close to and TV. The PS2 can't do wireless internet, but I need to find a way to keep playing Metal Gear Online...

So, here's my question: is it somehow possible to have a line going from one of the internet-ready computers to the PS2? That way, even though the PS2 can't do wireless, the computer could, and somehow reroute the internet to the PS2. Don't know if it would be possible, but it would be great if anyone had any sugesions!

I'm not sure how anyone else in the house would feel about wires but couldn't you just get some CAT5 cable and hook up the PS2 to the router. When you're not playing, just unplug and roll it up.

If a computer by your tv does wireless, check to see if there's a ethernet out port on the back. Some newer computers have this. Otherwise, you'de have to run a really long cord from your router, which sucks depending on how far away your tv is from your router.

[quote name='RudyPants']If a computer by your tv does wireless, check to see if there's a ethernet out port on the back. Some newer computers have this. Otherwise, you'de have to run a really long cord from your router, which sucks depending on how far away your tv is from your router.[/QUOTE]

What does an ethernet out port look like (i.e. how do I know it's not a regulr ethernet port instead)? And if I did this, will the computer automatically forward the internet, or would I need to do something on the computer to enable this?

Sweet! My brother had a wireless receiver for Xbox that plugs into the PS2's Nework port and works just fine. Looks like I'll be online this Spring Break. Woo!

bread's done
Back