PS2 lightgun on a Dreamcast?

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was looking on play-asia and notice they have a PS2 light gun that works with LCD tvs. I happen to have a PS2 adapter for the dreamcast. So do you think I can use a ps2 lightgun on the dreamcast.

I don't have any ps2 lightgun games otherwise I would just buy it and see for myself.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']So I was looking on play-asia and notice they have a PS2 light gun that works with LCD tvs. I happen to have a PS2 adapter for the dreamcast. So do you think I can use a ps2 lightgun on the dreamcast.

I don't have any ps2 lightgun games otherwise I would just buy it and see for myself.[/quote]

I don't think it'll work. On a related topic, I bought that hunk of junk based on the reviews (light gun that is), and I could never calibrate the gun once accurately. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
I threw in the garbage after wasting about an hour of my life trying to get it to work. The instructions suck!!!! They're written in some form of engrish, that is very difficult to follow.

I have 2 CRT Tvs still in the house, so I've just decided that I'll use those if I ever want to play my light gun games again. A pain, but I don't want to spend 30 minutes setting up the gun, when I only have 20 minutes to play.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']So I was looking on play-asia and notice they have a PS2 light gun that works with LCD tvs. I happen to have a PS2 adapter for the dreamcast. So do you think I can use a ps2 lightgun on the dreamcast.

I don't have any ps2 lightgun games otherwise I would just buy it and see for myself.[/quote]

how about a reverse engineering project with a dc light gun modded to use the parts of the ps2 light gun that let it work with LCDs. If I had adequate electrical skillz I'd do it myself but I'm afraid to break the shit... :(

bread's done
Back