PS2 Models List

SubjectNameHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
What models of PS2 were ever released? I mean colors and special editions; not just PS2 and PSTwo. Was there a red one? I know there's white, silver, black (obviously,) blue?

This is starting out as a question and could end up as a pretty cool list with pictures and such.

Ok. I got this from the playstation.com forums...the latest one is the silver model which is not listed here, I think.

There are currently thirteen (13) different model numbers for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. They are:

1) SCPH-30001
2) SCPH-35001
3) SCPH-30001 R
4) SCPH-39001
5) SCPH-39001N
6) SCPH-39010N
7) SCPH-50001*
8) SCPH-50010*
9) SCPH-50001N*
10) SCPH-50010N*
11) SCPH-70011CB**
12) SCPH-70012CB**
13) SCPH-70001**
14) SCPH-75001**

Models SCPH-30001 and SCPH-35001 require you to save information to a Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation(R)2) in order to use the DVD Remote Control.

Models which end with the letter "N" are included in the PlayStation(R)2 Combo Pack or the PlayStation(R)2 Online Pack. The PlayStation 2 Combo Pack includes the Network Adaptor (Ethernet/Modem) (for PlayStation(R)2) and a copy of the online-enabled PlayStation(R)2 format software title, ATV Offroad Fury 2. The PlayStation 2 Online pack included the Network Adaptor.

*All models in the SCPH-500xx and SCPH-700xx series include the following features, but no longer include the i.LINK port:
1) Built-in Infrared (IR) receiver for DVD remote control (for PlayStation(R)2)
2) Progressive scan playback for DVD movies
3) DVD-RW/+RW playback***
4) Time Display feature on DVD Playback function (A new setting which displays the Chapter Number and 4 different running times.)

**All models in the SCPH-700xx series have been redesigned, resulting in a slimmer and more lightweight form. Internal volume has been reduced by 75 percent, overall weight has been halved, and thickness has been trimmed down to 2.8 cm (thickness of the other models is 7.8 cm). Due to the design changes that were necessary to reduce the size of the redesigned console, the Internal Hard Disk Drive (40GB) (for PlayStation(R)2) is not compatible with these models of the PlayStation 2 console.
Models SCPH-70011 and SCPH-700012 are equipped with integrated Ethernet and dial-up networking ports for online gaming, while model SCPH-70001 only comes equipped with the Ethernet port (it does not have the dial-up port). For these 700XX series consoles, you will not need to purchase a Network Adaptor (Ethernet/Modem) (for PlayStation(R)2) in order to play online games.

***Note: Some discs recorded using DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW devices may not be playable due to scratches, dirt, dust, fingerprints or problems encountered during recording, or due to the state of the disc when the recording was made. Recorded discs which have been through the finalization process (a process that concludes recording) will be playable. Video recorded on CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media) compatible DVD-RW discs using the copy-once capability will not play that section of the ideo. For more information, please see page 47 of the Instruction Manual.

I remember seeing all five of the colored models on one of the Sony Playstation sites (dunno if it was the US one or one of the foreign ones). They came in the same colors as the controllers and were a limited release.

[quote name='eau']Ok. I got this from the playstation.com forums...the latest one is the silver model which is not listed here, I think.[/QUOTE]

He was looking for info on special editions. Not the physical model revision differences. Almost made the same mistake myself when I first saw this post a few days ago until I realized what the OP was actually after. Not to mention that this list you posted is incomplete anyways as it omits the 77001 that's been out for 9 months. ^_^

[quote name='thekeybladewars']my SCPH-770001 model crapped out on me because my port one controller isn't reading my controller after just a month of buying it NEW.[/QUOTE]
at least its under warranty.

[quote name='imacgod']I remember seeing all five of the colored models on one of the Sony Playstation sites (dunno if it was the US one or one of the foreign ones). They came in the same colors as the controllers and were a limited release.[/quote]

It was probably the U.S. I wanted to order one but I never did since they were priced 50% higher than retail and when they did finally lower the price they were all sold out before I got the chance to get one. I remember there was a white, yellow, blue, red and one other color I can't remember.

bread's done
Back