PS2 Network Adapter Disc needed!

dd_mcdoodle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hey fellow CAGs, I am in need of a PS2 network adapter disc so I can use my PS2 as a web browser for when I go on vacation. I need the old version of the disc (I need JUST the disc, not the actual adapter) which has the option that lets the user input an external IP address to connect to (this is done by selecting "Get Connected" then "Advanced Options" and then "Configure External Network Device"). If you have this disc, please let me know, this is a very high want from me. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

I would rather save some money and trade for it. Plus, I don't think that Sony would sell the old disc to me, I think they would only sell me the new one which I already have. Thanks for the bump, Rig!

You don't happen to have Socom 2 do you....I know you can create network configurations in there, I'm not 100% positive if Socom 1 does or not....possibly check some of your games and see if they have an option to create or edit your configs.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']You can use your PS2 as a web browser!
Link, please?[/quote]

Yeah, what he said.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='RaekwonThaChef']You can use your PS2 as a web browser!
Link, please?[/quote]

Yeah, what he said.[/quote]

http://www.brookfresh.co.uk/

Click on Guides on top. I checked google on this and a page led me to that page. There 2 guides, I pasted the first guide.

Web on your PS2
By Brookfresh - 23 January, 2005
Print E-mail

Browse the internet using your PS2. This is the first method for the first version of the NAD.

Setting up your PS2 to browse the web [now with added bookmarks feature]

Method 1:

Start the Network Access Disc
Go to "Get Connected"
Go to "Advanced Options"
Choose "Configure External Network Device"
Select the settings file
Using up and down on the controller type in this IP address

Welcome to the Brookfresh homepage

If you need to return to the brookfresh site pressing the start button on your controller will bring you home.

Unfortunately this is only available on the European Setup. If you are from outside the Eu and know of a way to browse the web on your PS2, let us know.

NAD Disk updated.

Sony have recently updated the NAD disk to work with the updates soon to be made to central station. The updates have something to do with tournaments and friends lists etc. details are sketchy at the moment.

The new disks don't allow you to connect to Brookfresh though. So no more web for you lot eh?

Not true. Rex Nebular has come up with two workarounds for us all. Here's how to use the new disks and cruise the web (Holland take note):

Method2:

If your PS2 connects to the net through your PC (ICS etc) then you can edit your hosts file and this should allow PAL versions of the NAD to browse any webpage.

Windows 95/98/Me c:windowshosts
Windows NT/2000 c:winntsystem32driversetchosts
Windows XP c:windowssystem32driversetchosts

Open hosts with notepad then add:

217.33.205.103 uk.playstationtv.com
217.33.205.103 au.playstationtv.com
217.33.205.103 eu.playstationtv.com

After editing the hosts file, if you are using Win9X, you may need to reset your PC. If you are using XP then you don't need to reset.

Now you can just start Central Station and hopefully the Brookfresh page will show up.

If you ever want to see Central Station again then you can comment or delete those lines from the hosts file. Use # to comment out the lines.

Method3:

The latest Network Access Disc, "Configure External Network Device" only works if you to enter a reserved for private networks IP .

It doesn't appear to save the IP so the easiest IP to enter every time would be "10.0.0.1" but if you are using ICS then you should enter "192.168.0.1".

Whatever IP you enter, needs to be the same IP used on a networked computer running a port redirect.

I used this program to redirect port 80 to "217.33.205.103".

I only tested this on the Australian version but it should also work on any version that has "Configure External Network Device"

For the curious, the user-agent for my version is "Mozilla/4.00 [en] (PS2-PTV 1.1) Interactor 2.2", the older version is "Mozilla/4.00 [en] (PS2-PTV 1.0) Interactor 2.2".

Thanks to Rex for this tutorial. If you are not clear on any point here please post your questions to the forum.

I have the NA disk(I don't play online) , that I don't use I have the ps2 model that came packaged W/NA it is the non slim ps2, but what do you mean by "old" disk?

The one I need is the one with the option to enter in an IP address to connect to. I have instructions on how to find out if yours is compatible in the first post of this topic.

sorry man, i thought i had a 2nd one,(i had to buy a new adaptor) but the other adaptor i bought used and didnt come with a disk (Do'h) im very sorry. Here's a free *bump*
Edit- I cant believe this stuff isnt more mainstream than it is now. only 2450 views? thats gonna go up a couple thousand in the next week...

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle'][quote name='zewone']Does the disc look like this one?

http://img160.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img160&image=d526px.jpg[/quote]
zewone, that looks like version 2.6 of the disc. If that is your disc, could you check if it has the option of manually putting in an IP address to connect to (instructions in my first post)? Thanks a bunch.[/quote]

Not mine, I was just wondering because my disc doesn't look like that and I thought it might be the one your looking for.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='dd_mcdoodle'][quote name='zewone']Does the disc look like this one?

http://img160.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img160&image=d526px.jpg[/quote]
zewone, that looks like version 2.6 of the disc. If that is your disc, could you check if it has the option of manually putting in an IP address to connect to (instructions in my first post)? Thanks a bunch.[/quote]

Not mine, I was just wondering because my disc doesn't look like that and I thought it might be the one your looking for.[/quote]
Would it be possible for you to check if you have the one I am looking for?

the disk I have was giving choices of IP's (automatic or manual)or it gave the option to put in IP address, netmask,default routeraddress,primarydns address,secondary dns address

bread's done
Back