PS2 or Xbox (first one) deals?

klezmer41

CAGiversary!
I figure that to compete with the Xbox360 the PS2 would have gone down to around $100, and the Xbox would have gotten cheaper too. What the hell's going on?

Well, Sony has pretty much realized that there's no reason to drop the new price of a PS2 when there are still plenty of people out there paying $150 for it without too much of an issue. It also doesn't hurt that, hey, we're at the holiday season. Steady sales at $150 a pop? Nah, maybe they'll lower the price when the sales start to really dwindle. Besides, best to make all that they can at the moment!

And with the XBox...who knows? I can't fathom why there isn't a drop but, hey, if there's no drop, there's no drop. I'm just waiting for titles, really. Come on, Xyanide...

The Xbox will not drop at retail. Microsoft is already losing an arm and a leg for each unit....why would they drop the price. The system will still sell at its current price point. The 360 game market is shallow right now, and without full 100% compatibility...the flood of used Xboxes hasn't quite happened yet to drop the used Xbox price yet.

bread's done
Back