PS2 RPG

What dental said....It's basically the traditional turn-based style. Actually if you ever played the other games in the series, 3's battle system is very similar but placed a 3D environment. I liked it myself, never got too repetitive or tiresome, which when a RPG grows stale on me thats when I start lose interest and eventually don't finish.

[quote name='jngx80']I have to agree with pete, FFX has the best battle system for any turn based rpg. It was quick and added a bit of strategy to the game. As long as you didn't level up too much every battle was fun to play.

The ending was a bit confusing, I didn't completely understand what was sin. I may replay it a second time. The level of graphical realism just really drew me into the game, so that I actually felt emotion while playing the game. I can't say that for any other rpg.

Although my impressions for FFXII aren't as high. Seems like they've incorporated a lot more fantasy into the game.[/quote]

I just started playing FFX2 without playing the first one. You think you were confused...

FF X-2 was so naseating i had to stop playing it... it really is a terrible terrible creation.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was fine, I just hated everything about the atmosphere and characters.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']FF X-2 was so naseating i had to stop playing it... it really is a terrible terrible creation.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was fine, I just hated everything about the atmosphere and characters.[/quote]

I believe the word you're looking for is disaterrific.

Although to be honest I'm having a pretty good time :p

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']FF X-2 was so naseating i had to stop playing it... it really is a terrible terrible creation.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was fine, I just hated everything about the atmosphere and characters.[/quote]

I believe the word you're looking for is disaterrific.

Although to be honest I'm having a pretty good time :p[/quote]

FF X-2 is a good game. The mission based aspect is what I like the most. You can get a good gaming session in for 30 minutes or so and pick it up again at a later time. The atmosphere of the game is a refreshing change of pace from the typical RPG fare. Not everything has to be dark, grimy and moody. Part of the reason I don't play as many RPG's anymore is because I don't have the time to invest 60 plus hours into a long quest anymore.

Just random comments,

Dark Cloud was FAR too repetitive to be any good (haven't played dark cloud 2) and the Story was pretty lame.

Kingdom Hearts was too much button mashign to be a "good fighting system," still a good game, just don't praise its battle system

Fallout~the original (not PS2, but if you got an mid-range PC you can play it!)
Xenogears~just fricken fun!
FFXI~Im bias

Gee I liked Dark Cloud. I thought the story was alot of fun, I even went 80 levels deep in that last dungeon (never did get to that darn black knight!)

[quote name='Skitzle']Just random comments,

Dark Cloud was FAR too repetitive to be any good (haven't played dark cloud 2) and the Story was pretty lame.

Kingdom Hearts was too much button mashign to be a "good fighting system," still a good game, just don't praise its battle system[/quote]

I've heard that the second Dark Cloud is far superior to the first. I haven't played the original yet, but I can attest to the fact that Dark Cloud 2 is an awesome game. 60+ hours and still on the third chapter...

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X are among my favorite games of this generation. One of the few games that I've ever had the motivation to finish.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Wild Arms 3
Kingdom Hearts
FF X

This generation of RPGs has been lackluster at best.[/quote]

Lackluster my ass.

Final Fantasy 10
Front Mission 4
Legaia 2 - Duel Saga
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts 2 - Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne
Star Ocean 3 - Till The End Of Time
Suikoden 3
Summoner
Summoner 2
Wizardry - Tale of the Forsaken Land
Xenosaga
Fable
Star Wars - KotOR

And for the record, if I ever buy another Wild Arms game it will be for the sheer pleasure of setting it on fire.

Final Fantasy X is the best because of the story and graphics.

Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Legaia: Duel Saga, and Star Ocean Til the End of Time are pretty good too.

Front Mission 4. My god is this game addictive, I spent 10 hours straight playing Front Mission 4 last night. The story got me hooked, the GamePlay is is great and I love how anal you can be with your wanzers (mechs). I would have said Xenosaga last week but I just bought Front Mission 4 a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down.

frontmission4_ps2box_usa_01boxart_160w.jpg

bread's done
Back