PS2 SF Pads 7.99 preowned @ Gamestop in-store

These things look amazing. The box art is awesome, the little image on the controller is cool, and I think it includes a comic/manga/whateva.

But the controller sucks.

Seriously. Garbage. Don't bother.

I can't edit but unless someone else runs into these(which isn't probable) and has the same price I'm going to YMMV this.

If it's used, you don't get the collector's box. It comes in a clear plastic bag.

The PS2 controllers aren't as bad as the Xbox ones. They're not a bad deal for this price. You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal on a controller that performs pretty well with 2D fighters.

yeah I heard also somewhere the D-pad on xbox ones aren't as good. I got a few of the pS2 ones from the blockbuster sale 4.99 a pop hah can't beat that!

[quote name='CaoPi']yeah I heard also somewhere the D-pad on xbox ones aren't as good. I got a few of the pS2 ones from the blockbuster sale 4.99 a pop hah can't beat that![/quote] That's where I got mine. The box and such are really nice, but the controller is horrible. I tried it with a bunch of 2d fighters and couldn't pull off anything. I was mashing the quarter circle forward and got nothing.

This coming from a guy who isn't all that great, but has been playing Street Fighter II since it came out and can beat typical arcade chumps. I decided to switch controllers and tried it out with my Dual Shock, Logitech Wireless, Tekken 5 stick, and Red Octane stick, and Ryu magically remembered how to hadouken.

I have that same problem with my used Ken pad. My Chun-Li has a nice firm d-pad on it though. I've never had problems pulling off any qcf moves with it. I've heard a few other guys will only use the Chun-Li pads if they had to use a Street Fighter pad.

Bleh. The XBox ones are trash. I pulled mine (M Bison) out to play KOF: NeoWave when it came out... and it no longer works, thereby re-affirming my impression of third-party controllers not made by Logitech.

I'd skip it... these controllers suck and without the extras they're even worse. If you want a serious 2D pad, get the Saturn pad from Play Asia or something.

--ff

bread's done
Back