PS2 Tool and Gamecube Dev Kit

wakkoviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Went to the flea market Saturday morning and picked up a Persona Revelation Series, Breath of Fire 3, and Front Mission 3 for $20. I also got me a PS 2 "Tool" really cheap! So cheap I couldnt believe it. This thing looks great!

My friend also got one. He also picked up a gamecube dev kit.

And a separate system where you put the cartridge in. No picture of that. The game on the cartridge is some sort of Carmen Sandiego game.

Flea markets are Great.

Damn, what kind of flea market do you go to? Shit, the ones around here are like 50 year old guys selling crusty silverware and broken toasters out of the back of their 198x chevy vans. Nice score by the way.

I would definetly sell them on ebay. Not to knock you or anything, but I dought you have the programming ability to use them so they would be use less unless you wanted them for collectors reasons.

[quote name='PINKO']What Type of people were selling it did you ask them were did you get it[/quote]
Got it at the good ol flea market. According to the flea market dude, he said that a company (BAM Entertainment i think ) went belly up and they had no more money. This stuff was in a storage facility and the company couldn't pay the storage fees to the storage people took it. The flea market dude then came in and I guess he took it off their hands.

[quote name='help1']I assume these play reg games right?[/quote]
The gamecube cannot play regular games I think. As the top lid itself would not come off so we think there is no Disc drive in it. It plays games that are stored on the cartridges. Getting a game onto a cartridge I have no idea how to do.

The PS2 "Tool" from what I read on some forums it can play games. You hook it up to your computer and run a program that enables it to play games. I also read that it can play burned games with that program. In the process of locating the program now.

[quote name='megaseadramon']I would definetly sell them on ebay. Not to knock you or anything, but I dought you have the programming ability to use them so they would be use less unless you wanted them for collectors reasons.[/quote]
I thought about selling it on ebay, but I rather keep it. Not many regular people get their hands on these. Its true, I dont have the programming ability to use this, but it looks so damn cool next to my regular PS2, it will stand out in my collection.

the GCN dev kit looks like it uses those big-ass carts on the top for re-writable storage, considering no normal computers/disc drives use those tiny gamecube discs. Developers probably just write and re-write onto that cart from their PCs, then send the final code to nintendo to produce the GCN discs with.

Wow, what a totally random score! Nice, assuming you can either program games or sell it on ebay. Does Nintendo care about GCN dev kits going up on ebay?

bread's done
Back