PS2 & XBOX Game Cases @ Waterford,MI TRU - 10/$1.98

pistonfan

CAGiversary!
I stopped in at the TRU in Waterford, MI (the one across from the Summit Place Mall) today and found that they have PS2 & XBOX game cases at 10 for $1.98 on clearance. Not sure if these are new or used, but they appear new. I picked up a few so I could put my Gamerush finds into their proper cases. They had like 6 packs of each left.

Are these official ones or are they third party? I really don't care but I hate some of the third party cases that have a logo or something on the front.

The PS2 cases are just regular DVD cases - they do not have a memory card slot. The Xbox cases appear to be official, though.

Good catch. I thought they were PS2, but after looking at a few it looks I got 1-2 old PS2 cases (before the memory card slot) at the others are just DVD cases. The XBOX cases appear to be the real green XBOX cases. Plus, I've never seen the official XBOX green color used on other cases.

I've never even seen those at my TRU.
I picked mine up about a month ago and got the last ones. Then when I stopped in there a few days ago they had more. They're with the old game guides and are held together with shipping tape. Some of the cases had a sticky spot where a TRU price sticker once was. I wonder if how they got these myself (returns, stolen disks, etc.??)

TRU keeps all games $29.00 and higher in the glass case behind the register where people can't get to them. They than put a coresponding clamshell out on the shelf. When a game drops below this price they throw away the clamshells. Some TRU's take the cover insert out and sell these clamshells to make a little extra cash. The price is totally arbitrary and made up at each individual store. The store in my area sells the cases 6 for .50 cents. The skn used to ring them up is a junk skn, meaning that when they type this skn in they can asign any price to it.

[quote name='rally9x']anybody know a cheap place to get inserts so I can at least sharpie the title on the spine?[/QUOTE]

Try Covergalaxy.com They have scans of the original box art.

Yes $hady I've ordered blank dvdr's from them. Seemed like as good a deal as meritline, at times, atleast. I can't vouch for the cases thou, cause I haven't ordered them, yet.

bread's done
Back