PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 gift card & Wii w/$75 gift card at Walmart - 12/17

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY!

What time zone? Is this in-store or online? Do you have a scan of an ad, or a link? Where did you get this info?

More info, plz.

Ah come on, I'm settling for BB's $50 GC... There's no Wal-mart around me so I don't know (there are talks about bring Wal-mart to NYC, but a lot of people against it)...

[quote name='Staveandor']What time zone? Is this in-store or online? Do you have a scan of an ad, or a link? Where did you get this info?

More info, plz.[/QUOTE]

TV ads coming this week and also a flyer in your mail.

Phew. This is reinforces me making up my mind not to bite on the the Xbox 250 GB + $75 gift card deal, considering I already have non-slim consoles. If this deal is legit, I'm going to finally get a PS3.

[quote name='DX']On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY![/QUOTE]
So this Friday at 9PM? I'll stall around in the store. :)

Amazing deal if true.
Too bad I already bought an 160 GB PS3 for $240 from Dell right before BF...

I hope this is true as I have been hoping to get a blu ray player which I wouldn't spending a little more to get this which can also play some great games! Anyone know how goodo the blu ray player is??? Is the 160GB the older version?

[quote name='Raul0923']I hope this is true as I have been hoping to get a blu ray player which I wouldn't spending a little more to get this which can also play some great games! Anyone know how good the blu ray player is??? Is the 160GB the older version?[/QUOTE]The PS3 is a good Blu-Ray player for the mere fact that Sony can update the firmware of the PS3 to add in new features. For example, the 3.50 update added preparation for 3D support for Blu-Rays.

The 160gb version is the slim model, as Sony doesn't manufacture the old "fat" PS3s anymore. As far as I know, the only difference between the 2010 slims and the 2009 slims is the bigger hard drive.

Hmmm....so:

Xbox 360 Slim 250GB for $300 w/ $75 Gift card
+
PS3 Slim 160GB for $300 w/ $100 Gift Card
=
Red Wii Bundle for $25 with another free $75 Gift Card

Possibly the best week in console buying ever?

Damn you Wal-Mart. I've been wanting a PS3 for the longest time, but never could justify it for a few console exclusives and even blu-ray. But now... dammit. I really shouldn't spend any more money but this is a good deal.

Actually I hope Amazon matches this deal. They've spoiled me with no tax and Prime shipping.

I guess the big question is how many of these are still in stock. I'm pretty sure I havent seen a 160 in any of the Targets, Kmarts, Sears, etc. around here. I havent been in a Walmart looking for a while, but this reeks of a snipe hunt.

Good luck and happy hunting.

I figured the lightning deal with the console, singstar, ratchet and clank and a $50 credit for $299 was going to be the best deal. This looks to be even better and I wish I had waited

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I figured the lightning deal with the console, singstar, ratchet and clank and a $50 credit for $299 was going to be the best deal. This looks to be even better and I wish I had waited[/QUOTE]

$25 for ratchet and clank & singstar really isn't bad at all unless you didn't want those games.

Some Wal-Marts still have the Uncharted 2 and MOH bundle left on the shelves. Could be even more of a killer deal...

So is there any way to confirm these deals? I picked up the Xbox with the $75 gift card and would love to pick up a PS3 for $225 + another $100 gift card, then put that on a red Wii for $100 with another $75 gift card.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So is there any way to confirm these deals? I picked up the Xbox with the $75 gift card and would love to pick up a PS3 for $225 + another $100 gift card, then put that on a red Wii for $100 with another $75 gift card.[/QUOTE]
Man, thas exactly what Ima thinkin. Let the console gift card train roll... Awww, yeah.

Yep, if all these deals are for real you can get a 250GB Xbox 360, a 160GB PS3, and a Wii (red for me) for $625. Basically a free Wii worth of savings.

i wonder how we're suppose to get this deal if we don't have an ad or anything to prove it.
any more info on this??

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Some Wal-Marts still have the Uncharted 2 and MOH bundle left on the shelves. Could be even more of a killer deal...[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you see this? The Wal-Mart I go to had about 20 of them about a week ago and now they're all gone. I can guarantee they didn't sell all of them. I would definitely get one of those bundles with a $100 GC.

[quote name='comicrelief']i wonder how we're suppose to get this deal if we don't have an ad or anything to prove it.
any more info on this??[/QUOTE]

OP is just giving us a heads up. I'm pretty sure the closer we get to Friday there will be advertisements all over. Direct-mail flyers/TV. Won't be "secret" for too much longer. :)

Keep in mind the old adage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Right now you can get a 160gb PS3 from Amazon with a $75 gift card ($225 net, no tax), or you can frantically hunt your area Walmarts on 12/17 for a 160gb system (no guarantees), and you may come up empty. And also, tax in VA on a $300 console is about $15, further reducing your "deal" from $100 (gift card) to $85 net. All that to save $10 (or less if you live in a higher-tax state) and you may end up with nothing . . . :bomb:

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah come on, I'm settling for BB's $50 GC... There's no Wal-mart around me so I don't know (there are talks about bring Wal-mart to NYC, but a lot of people against it)...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, for the sake of anybody who works in retail, Wal-Mart doesn't come to your state. In an effort to compete with Wal-Mart, stores near them have to cut the benefits and pay of their workers. They also have to buy worse quality products so that their prices are artificially lower or the same.

I just bought a PS3 last week. It came with Uncharted 2 and Karate kid. I paid ~$285 for it after taxes. Do you think I should return it? I could probably find Uncharted 2 for cheap & I could care less about Karate Kid.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Yep, if all these deals are for real you can get a 250GB Xbox 360, a 160GB PS3, and a Wii (red for me) for $625. Basically a free Wii worth of savings.[/QUOTE]
And people paid over that price for a fat PS3 alone just a few years back! :D

This might seem like a stupid question, but does anyone know if this deal will work with this one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KDL-40EX6PS3PK/15540395

Technically, the Playstation 3 included is a 160GB, and even though it is a "bundle," you still are technically buying the PS3. Or maybe Im just trying to convince myself! This is also provided they still have the TV. Any thoughts? Would love to save any amount of money I could.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Yep, if all these deals are for real you can get a 250GB Xbox 360, a 160GB PS3, and a Wii (red for me) for $625. Basically a free Wii worth of savings.[/QUOTE]

So far I've gotten since last week:

Red Wii: Paid $220 after tax, got a $50 Wal-mart card
Xbox360 250 GB (no games): Paid $320 after tax, got a $75 wal-mart card
PS3 Slim 160GB with Ratchet and Singstar from Amazon: paid $300, got a $25 gift card, sold both games on ebay for $50 total.

So basically I got all three systems for $640. I'll be on a plane the day of the 17th, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. The risk of them having the systems in stock versus saving an extra $15? No brainer.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I donated a PS3 to a local children's hospital and missed this by two days -- ugh![/QUOTE]

Um....this coming Friday

Buy 2 consoles, get 1 free!

If I was buying a PS3, I'd personally go with the Amazon deal. Their games are cheaper overall (enough to cover the $25 difference) and you can buy from the Amazon Marketplace as well. Unless you do grocery shopping in Walmart, then Walmart's deal is better.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Keep in mind the old adage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Right now you can get a 160gb PS3 from Amazon with a $75 gift card ($225 net, no tax), or you can frantically hunt your area Walmarts on 12/17 for a 160gb system (no guarantees), and you may come up empty. And also, tax in VA on a $300 console is about $15, further reducing your "deal" from $100 (gift card) to $85 net. All that to save $10 (or less if you live in a higher-tax state) and you may end up with nothing . . . :bomb:[/QUOTE]

good lord in california we would be paying almost 30 bucks for tax :hot: thats why i love amazon so much

YES!!! I knew if I was patient just a little longer and skipped the Black Friday bundle hell, something like this would happen! Now I can spend my $100 gift card and get another back...good times, good times. \\:D/

[quote name='chimpmeister']Keep in mind the old adage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Right now you can get a 160gb PS3 from Amazon with a $75 gift card ($225 net, no tax), or you can frantically hunt your area Walmarts on 12/17 for a 160gb system (no guarantees), and you may come up empty. And also, tax in VA on a $300 console is about $15, further reducing your "deal" from $100 (gift card) to $85 net. All that to save $10 (or less if you live in a higher-tax state) and you may end up with nothing . . . :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a pretty big difference in that the $75.00 from Amazon is an account credit you get stuck with, a GC on the otherhand can be flipped for cash quite easily. I know most everyone buys from Amazon, but to me cash [or a GC] in my hand is far better than an account credit.

I bought a PS3 from Walmart on Saturday. It has not been opened yet. Will Walmart reimburse me the $100 if I bring the receipt in?

[quote name='Rhammer']I bought a PS3 from Walmart on Saturday. It has not been opened yet. Will Walmart reimburse me the $100 if I bring the receipt in?[/QUOTE]

15 day return policy on all New Unopened consoles with reciept.

If I were you: wait till Fri at 9pm take the ps3 to the store, get the return sticky from the greeter at the door, go to tronics with ps3 in cart and have associate bring a fresh ps3 to cust. service and do your return and buy that fresh ps3 and get your gift card. Wal Mart in my exp. won't let you rebuy a returned product just to get a gift card.

Now for my question... what if you bought the 2yr warranty, how do you transfer to the new system or return those because the warranty is tied up with the console serial number?

[quote name='Rhammer']I bought a PS3 from Walmart on Saturday. It has not been opened yet. Will Walmart reimburse me the $100 if I bring the receipt in?[/QUOTE]

Take it back now, get the cash. Go to wal-mart again on the 17th at 9:00PM and get the better deal. Don't risk waiting in line at the service counter at 9:00PM on the 17th while everyone else is buying up the systems.

bread's done
Back