PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 gift card & Wii w/$75 gift card at Walmart - 12/17

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY!

I still have my launch 60gb ps3 which I upgraded to 500gb. If I had not already upgraded the hdd I would jump on this. The slim uses so little power as compared to my fat ps3 which has the cpu and gpu on 90 nanometer dye. I also just purchased a couple of broken launch PS3 for parts so I guess I'll just try to keep my fat ps3 going for another 4 years at least. Right now the PS3 is the must have console in my opinion. I own all the systems and to me ps3 just offers something for everyone and lots of great platformers unlike the 360. Same story as with the xbox and the ps2 is unfolding with the 360 and ps3.

So why does this start at 9PM at night? My local Walmart closes at 10PM...so is this deal at every Walmart, or just certain ones?

Yeah, I've been thinking about retiring my old 60GB system and cop a brand new 1. I was waiting til some1 did the GC deal and here we go.

I'm done w/ my x-mas shopping so now. I'ma get whatever I want now.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So why does this start at 9PM at night? My local Walmart closes at 10PM...so is this deal at every Walmart, or just certain ones?[/QUOTE]

Have that same question, and a bunch more :whistle2:|
need more info, but im definitely all over this deal :bouncy:

[quote name='qwerty1']Actually there is a pretty big difference in that the $75.00 from Amazon is an account credit you get stuck with, a GC on the otherhand can be flipped for cash quite easily. I know most everyone buys from Amazon, but to me cash [or a GC] in my hand is far better than an account credit.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh but if ur smart you can take the amazon credit and buy something to flip for cash :applause:

[quote name='billydeewilliams']ahhhh but if ur smart you can take the amazon credit and buy something to flip for cash :applause:[/QUOTE]

So you get $65 back instead of say $90, assuming you could sell either for around ten dollars below value.

I'm kind of interested in this, still have a 60 gb unit that is running fine but all the stories of ylod have me a bit worried. Not sure if I should upgrade now or wait. I can of want to upgrade just because it's the latest and greatest.

If there aren't any print ads for this, how can we get the deal? Also, that link says prices may vary in store, so I'm hoping this isn't just at select walmarts...

Went to Best Buy this morning for the $50 GC and under the stack of about 20 160gb PS3 I found the last black friday bundle on the bottom. So I got a

160gb ps3 299.99
cars blu-ray 22.99
little big planet Game of the year 29.99
Modnation racer 39.99

+ $50 dollar gift card

all for 318.74

This beats the 100 walmart deal and the 75 amazon deal with no shipping!

Go to best buy and check store availability for this black friday bundle online...and if they have it haul your ass and get one! \\:D/

so this offer is good for the console only? Because this still some black friday bundles left in my walmart and was hoping to get that.

The walmart deal is only good for the console only NO BUNDLES...where as the best buy is good for ANY ps3 including any bundles. Thats why my deal is the best deal especially if you dont own any of the games and movie yet.

yeah i just ordered one from amazon. Forgot I had $40 of credit there so I paid $260 no tax with free two day shipping plus get $75 of credit. Not bad.

Hey I finally got a PS3!! (thats exactly what I wrote on my gift note :))

You wont be disappointed...my Original PS3 that cost me 600 bucks finally gave way..well the blu ray drive died...so this is a great time to pick up something I was going to buy anyways...Enjoy! :D

$200 after rebates (or at the very least a coupon to let you buy more stuff) and I'm still really on the fence. I really only want to play uncharted and heavy rain, though a second BR player wouldn't be all that bad.

Checked Best Buy near me and the Gran Turismo 5 PS3 bundle isn't by itself. I mean, you have to buy a Best Buy constructed bundle where they include a Dual Shock 3 and a Blu-Ray remote at a higher price. :(

I might jump on the Move Bundle at Best Buy if my local Walmart doesn't have any 160GB PS3s.

[quote name='Kingchino83']The walmart deal is only good for the console only NO BUNDLES...where as the best buy is good for ANY ps3 including any bundles. Thats why my deal is the best deal especially if you dont own any of the games and movie yet.[/QUOTE]
However, if you're like me and have no desire for the movie and know you can find the games way cheap if you want them (which I don't), then the Walmart deal poos all over the Best Buy deal...;)

[quote name='Kingchino83']Went to Best Buy this morning for the $50 GC and under the stack of about 20 160gb PS3 I found the last black friday bundle on the bottom. So I got a

160gb ps3 299.99
cars blu-ray 22.99
Modnation racer 39.99

+ $50 dollar gift card

all for 318.74

Go to best buy and check store availability for this black friday bundle online...and if they have it haul your ass and get one! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Correct. The bestbuy deal is better by about $50 It has a value of $442.96, and at $318.74 the net gain is $124.22

The amazon deal has a net gain of $75

Combine this best buy deal with the wii promo and the Xbox $299 with $75 gift card at wal-mart, and the total value you are given is +$274.22!

$124.22 value (ps3)
$75 giftcard (xbox 360)
$75 giftcard (wii)

[quote name='thadwhit']Can you get the Red Mario Wii bundle and recieve the $75 gift card?[/QUOTE]

Should be able to. It worked on the red wii with $50 gift card that I got last week.

[quote name='Kingchino83']The walmart deal is only good for the console only NO BUNDLES...where as the best buy is good for ANY ps3 including any bundles. Thats why my deal is the best deal especially if you dont own any of the games and movie yet.[/QUOTE]
The value is relative. Personally, I think being able to use a one hundred dollar gift card on what I actually want will be a better deal. Modnation Racers and Little Big Planet don't exactly scream "must-buy", at least for me, especially considering the rate things go on clearance. Other than that, unless the bundle came with a one hundred dollar gift card, or consisted of a selection of games that would make up for the $50 difference, I'd tip my hat to you.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']15 day return policy on all New Unopened consoles with reciept.

If I were you: wait till Fri at 9pm take the ps3 to the store, get the return sticky from the greeter at the door, go to tronics with ps3 in cart and have associate bring a fresh ps3 to cust. service and do your return and buy that fresh ps3 and get your gift card. Wal Mart in my exp. won't let you rebuy a returned product just to get a gift card.

[/QUOTE]

Has anybody had any luck buying before a sale and getting the card after they go on sale.
The reason I ask is that I wanted to get the red Wii and the Walmart here only has a couple, which will probably be gone by Friday night.

[quote name='Kingchino83']You wont be disappointed...my Original PS3 that cost me 600 bucks finally gave way.[/QUOTE]

sorry, but this struck me funny.

[quote name='qwerty1']sorry, but this struck me funny.[/QUOTE]

Lol...Whats funny is that fatboy served his duty for 4 years, while I had to pick up my 6th xbox 360 over the same 5 year period :wall:. And its true the value of the bestbuy package is relative, and I had already owned LBP original. But if I ever saw Modnation racer bundled with a free movie and lbp goty for 50 bucks I would still think thats a great deal in itself considering that game is still 39.99 and I dont own it yet.

Plus why wait until friday at 9pm to have a royal rumble with 29 soccer moms and pray that they even have enough ps3 consoles to get a GC to begin with. But its all relative...worked out the best for me though :applause:

Are you SURE this $100 gift card doesn't apply to any bundled PS3s? Man it would be great if there was still a BF bundle still on the floor and you could pick that up for $299 and still get the $100 gift card to go along with it. How can it not work if they're the same price?

so....

• Buy PS3 #1
  • Buy a PS3 #2 using the Gift Card you got from the PS3 #1 purchase
  • Return PS3 #1 and the giftcard from PS3 #2 using the receipt from PS3 #1 purchase
= Buying a PS3 for $200

concerns/problems?

[quote name='MikeE021286']so....

• Buy PS3 #1
  • Buy a PS3 #2 using the Gift Card you got from the PS3 #1 purchase
  • Return PS3 #1 and the giftcard from PS3 #2 using the receipt from PS3 #1 purchase
= Buying a PS3 for $200

concerns/problems?[/QUOTE]

You're a dirty genius.

For fuck's sake, man. This type of scam was mentioned when people were buying multiple Xbox Arcades way back when. I'm not absolutely certain this applies to Walmart's return policy, but at Target gift cards are unique (i.e. you may not be able to return the first PS3 without the original gift card).

if best buy price matches this dont they just deduct the gift card value from the total price instead of actually giving you a gift card?

It won't work, because the gift card numbers are different; number on gift card #2 will not match the number on receipt #1.

Besides, most likely you can't return gift cards, they will just give you the difference back. However, this will equal to spend $300 and get PS3 + $100 gift card, which is the original deal.

[quote name='Garfield']It won't work, because the gift card numbers are different; number on gift card #2 will not match the number on receipt #1.

.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought but i wasn't positive. That'd be the big hangup...

[quote name='Kingchino83']Went to Best Buy this morning for the $50 GC and under the stack of about 20 160gb PS3 I found the last black friday bundle on the bottom. So I got a

160gb ps3 299.99
cars blu-ray 22.99
Modnation racer 39.99

+ $50 dollar gift card

all for 318.74

Go to best buy and check store availability for this black friday bundle online...and if they have it haul your ass and get one! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

The bundle ain't worth that much unless you can flip it for that much. I'd still take the other two deals over that useless bundle.

[quote name='jgoldy_608']Sucks, looks like Wisconsin isn't getting this offer :( guess I'l have to go with Best Buy deal[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that this deal isnt available in wisconsin? Anyone know if this deal isnt available in some areas?

[quote name='technicalstylez'] i dunno how i thought of doing this stuff but im sooooo glad it worked.[/QUOTE]
It's not rocket science by any means.

[quote name='technicalstylez']well... you can do what i've been doing all week and buying price drop games new from gamestop and exchanging them at walmart for higher priced giftcards. eg gamestop: white knight chronicles 19.99 ninja gaiden sigma 2 19.99 guitar hero world tour 14.99 returned those to walmart and got gift cards in these amounts: white knight chronicles (59.99+tax retail) ninja gaiden sigma 2 (39.99+tax retail) guitar hero world tour (39.99+tax retail) so basically u turn $55 bucks plus tax into $152 plus tax. u just have to find out what walmart carries those games via their store locator. i had no problems though they document ur drivers license number since theres no receipt which is normal procedure for any return. u can only do 3 no-receipt returns every 3 months i believe. just dont go crazy returning games...each game will count as 1 return. an easy way to pay 1/2 off the ps3 if u ask me...and then u get the $100 gift card =) on another note i got assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition on ps3 for $49.99+tax last week: -during toys r us buy 1 get 1 1/2 off sale i bought ps3 move bundle 99.99 and got the ACbrotherhood collectors for 49.99 (instead of 99.99). 2 days later i returned the move bundle, was refunded my $99+tax and still got to keep the ACBrotherhood collectors for $49.99+tax without any problems, most likely because i said the move bundle was an intended gift that is no longer needed. i dunno how i thought of doing this stuff but im sooooo glad it worked.[/QUOTE] I'm guessing this person is jokes

bread's done
Back