PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 gift card & Wii w/$75 gift card at Walmart - 12/17

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY!

[quote name='technicalstylez']well... you can do what i've been doing all week and buying price drop games new from gamestop and exchanging them at walmart for higher priced giftcards. eg gamestop: white knight chronicles 19.99 ninja gaiden sigma 2 19.99 guitar hero world tour 14.99 returned those to walmart and got gift cards in these amounts: white knight chronicles (59.99+tax retail) ninja gaiden sigma 2 (39.99+tax retail) guitar hero world tour (39.99+tax retail) so basically u turn $55 bucks plus tax into $152 plus tax. u just have to find out what walmart carries those games via their store locator. i had no problems though they document ur drivers license number since theres no receipt which is normal procedure for any return. u can only do 3 no-receipt returns every 3 months i believe. just dont go crazy returning games...each game will count as 1 return. an easy way to pay 1/2 off the ps3 if u ask me...and then u get the $100 gift card =) on another note i got assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition on ps3 for $49.99+tax last week: -during toys r us buy 1 get 1 1/2 off sale i bought ps3 move bundle 99.99 and got the ACbrotherhood collectors for 49.99 (instead of 99.99). 2 days later i returned the move bundle, was refunded my $99+tax and still got to keep the ACBrotherhood collectors for $49.99+tax without any problems, most likely because i said the move bundle was an intended gift that is no longer needed. i dunno how i thought of doing this stuff but im sooooo glad it worked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we call that return fraud, and it's illegal.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Hmmm....so:

Xbox 360 Slim 250GB for $300 w/ $75 Gift card
+
PS3 Slim 160GB for $300 w/ $100 Gift Card
=
Red Wii Bundle for $25 with another free $75 Gift Card

Possibly the best week in console buying ever?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Mr. "spockblocker" i think it is the best console week ever. Here is what i have already done and plan to do.

Let me start by saying i already own all 3 systems, and I think this is an AMAZING opportunity to UPGRADE all my systems :)

Last night i took advantage of the xbox 360 slim deal where you get the 75 gift card. I plan on going to my local wally world on friday and getting the red wii and slim ps3.

I was going to ebay my current systems, but after talking with a bunch of my co workers today I pretty much have them all sold...LOL They do however all need to go home and "ask permission" from thier significant others, so nothing is written in stone yet :)

I am offering my 360 to a guy for 125.00, its an arcade model that i bought about 6 months ago after my LAUNCH model 360 FINALLY did the RROD thing this summer. So i thought i was giving him a pretty good deal by knocking 75 off the price i paid for that arcade unit, i have a 120 hard drive on there that i am NOT including in the deal (ebay time)

I am offering my bulky ps3 (metal gear solid 80 gig bundle) to my boss for 150 that i bought a couple years ago at wally world for like 399 or 499 (dont remember) with free 100 dollar gift card. He really wants THAT system because from what he and I understand, its one of, if not the ONLY one that is backwards compatible with ps2 games which he supposedly has a slew of. Plus it never hurts to give your boss a killer deal on anything :mrgreen:

I am offering my launch wii to another co worker for 100.00.

I could very easy ebay all these consoles but it much less work this way and by the time you end up getting raped with ebay fees and paypal fees I would probally end up selling them for the amounts i am offering to people anyways, plus its christmas and I look at these deals as being blessings to people :mrgreen:

So here are my breakdowns:

xbox 360 300
gift card - 75
selling old one -125
120 gig hard drive sell on ebay 100ish?
0 upgrade cost Give or take

ps3 300
gift card -100
sell old one -150
50 upgrade cost + brownie points with boss priceless :)

Red Wii 200
gift card -75
sell old one 100
ebay the NEW new super mario bros. (already own it) my estimate around 40ish?
+15.00 LOL

Wally world is going to be getting ALOT of my money this week. Plus i was just texted by a friend from work (actually the one that is going to buy my 360) and he said he just seen an advertisment on tv for this sale and they mentioned a bunch of TV's that are going to offer gift cards as well.......

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']50 upgrade cost + brownie points with boss priceless :)

[/QUOTE]

You better hope that thing never YLODs on him or those brownie points will be going out the window.

I would personally never sell a used console to my boss. Games sure, consoles, never.

Co-workers I dont care. But my boss, yeah, no thanks.

There is a way to make this into a killer deal. Right now, Sams Club is offering $25 GC for every $100 GC you buy at Sams. Basically $125 for $100.
The beauty of this is that Sams Club gift cards can be used at WalMart.
SO....
Buy $500 worth of GC, you should get $625 back.
Buy PS3 and XBOX 360 for $600 + Tax
You will get $175 in Gift cards from PS3 and XBOX360.
Buy Wii for $25 bucks plus tax using the gift cards you got from walmart
And since you bought the Wii, you will get $75 gift card on top of it!

Breakdown....
$525 + Tax nets you ....
A PS3
A Wii
A XBOX 360
A $75 gift card.

Please someone tell me if I am doing something wrong!

Edit: If you dont have a Sams Club membership, you could buy one for $50, do this whole little operation, then return it for a full refund! It doesnt get any sweeter than this!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='biggie2123']There is a way to make this into a killer deal. Right now, Sams Club is offering $25 GC for every $100 GC you buy at Sams. Basically $125 for $100.
SO....

Breakdown....
$525 + Tax nets you ....
A PS3
A Wii
A XBOX 360
A $75 gift card.

Edit: If you dont have a Sams Club membership, you could buy one for $50, do this whole little operation, then return it for a full refund! It doesnt get any sweeter than this![/QUOTE]

You could just buy 2 Sam's Club gift cards for $200, get $250 gift credit in all.

Buy the PS3 ($299 + tax = $~327), use the gift card ($250) and pay off the remaining balance (~$77) and then get a $100 gift card back.

In the end you'll end up getting s PS3 for $277 w/ a $148 gift card.

This is the best possible deal if you intend on JUST buying the PS3. :)

[quote name='goateguy']Damn it.....If i just had a damn job....It would so be worth it to fork over the $300 to get the damn PS3....XD[/QUOTE]

Not a sleight towards you, but I had to ponder how many people will be buying this on their maxed out credit cards just because they see "FREE" $100 giftcard. :shudder: People of Walmart... going to stay home on this deal.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You could just buy 2 Sam's Club gift cards for $200, get $250 gift credit in all.

Buy the PS3 ($299 + tax = $~327), use the gift card ($250) and pay off the remaining balance (~$77) and then get a $100 gift card back.

This is the best possible deal if you intend on JUST buying the PS3. :)[/QUOTE]

Mother of all things holy, what a flipping incredible deal!! :O

This is probably the most perfect time to get a PS3, is it not? I mean, essentially, it would be the same as buying a 125$ + tax Blu-ray I suppose... Wow.

PS: First post here, just signed up a few minutes ago! Pleasure to meet all you gents.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You could just buy 2 Sam's Club gift cards for $200, get $250 gift credit in all.

This is the best possible deal if you intend on JUST buying the PS3. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, fuck a duck. I knew I should have waited on a better deal. I mean I got in on the Amazon $75 gift card deal, but this is WAY better. I do shop occasionally at Walmart too...

Wouldn't it better to buy 3 cards?

$300 GC, get $375.

PS3 $299 + tax = ~$327 (your tax)

Use all of the gift card so $375-327 = $51 left over on gift card.

So ~$327 - 75 extra from GC = $252 for PS3 + $100 GC + $51 GC.

(Of course you could buy enough gift cards (if there is no limit to the deal) and get the PS3 for free... but that'd be about $1300 in gift cards to Walmart! LOL)

[quote name='biggie2123']There is a way to make this into a killer deal. Right now, Sams Club is offering $25 GC for every $100 GC you buy at Sams. Basically $125 for $100.
SO....

Breakdown....
$525 + Tax nets you ....
A PS3
A Wii
A XBOX 360
A $75 gift card.

Edit: If you dont have a Sams Club membership, you could buy one for $50, do this whole little operation, then return it for a full refund! It doesnt get any sweeter than this![/QUOTE]
I tried to look up some info and this and ended up on slickdeals. People there were saying you have to buy a $100 "Gift of membership" card to get the extra GC and noone knows if the membership GC works at walmart yet?

Wow! If that Sam's club deal works... that would be awesome. Wish Amazon could price match that stuff... I don't like supporting Wal-Mart that much. =(

[quote name='ATHF']I tried to look up some info and this and ended up on slickdeals. People there were saying you have to buy a $100 "Gift of membership" card to get the extra GC and noone knows if the membership GC works at walmart yet?[/QUOTE]

Wait, "gift of membership" card is, I believe, just a prepaid Sam's Club membership card. That's all it's good for if I'm not mistaken.

For us ignorant folk, is Sams Club available at all/most Walmarts or are they an online merchant? And I'm assuming there is an annual fee ala Costco/BJ's? Can you sign up an enjoy the benefits right away without having to wait for something in the mail?

[quote name='darrenaero']For us ignorant folk, is Sams Club available at all/most Walmarts or are they an online merchant? And I'm assuming there is an annual fee ala Costco/BJ's? Can you sign up an enjoy the benefits right away without having to wait for something in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Sam's Club is just owned by Wal-Mart. They are separate stores and there do require a membership fee like Costco. You can sign up at a store and enjoy the benefits right away... and they do have an online store. However, I bet this deal is one that is best taken on at a physical store.

Is this deal just Friday night or until supplies run out? Say if I were to go in Saturday and buy one at Walmart?

Between this Walmart deal and the Amazon and BB deals, its obvious that there was a huge stock of 160gb PS3 consoles, and they are being blown out . . . probably in preparation for discontinuing this particular PS3 configuration, and having a larger hard drive version replace it. Sony is probably giving heavy incentives to all the big retailers to blow these out . . . maybe partly due to weaker PS3 sales vs. XBox sales, as was recently reported. I heard that the Kinect bundles outsold the Move bundles by a hefty margin in November.

[quote name='Kingchino83']Went to Best Buy this morning for the $50 GC and under the stack of about 20 160gb PS3 I found the last black friday bundle on the bottom. So I got a

160gb ps3 299.99
cars blu-ray 22.99
little big planet Game of the year 29.99
Modnation racer 39.99

+ $50 dollar gift card

all for 318.74

This beats the 100 walmart deal and the 75 amazon deal with no shipping!

Go to best buy and check store availability for this black friday bundle online...and if they have it haul your ass and get one! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I can order this for $309 shipped to my house.. think it's a deal still?

I'm sure everyone else is wondering, but is this only on the console? think it would work on bundles? the $100 GC would be rad for ME2.

just in case anyone wonders i'm stopping by the walmart to see if this works with bundles or only bare systems. i'll post my luck.

[quote name='subieracer']I can order this for $309 shipped to my house.. think it's a deal still?[/QUOTE]
Give the guy a little slack. :D

Well, I would like to get in on this. I could put it on my wal-mart card like I did my Slim but I don't know if I feel like dropping $300 right now. That's basically going to add a new 100-150 bill for me every month for the next 2-3 months. Great deal but I will probably pass, not enough PS3 games I am interested in right now anyway.

[quote name='Sleek1']I really hope Amazon matches this deal. Don't feel like fighting with Wal-Mart crowds.[/QUOTE]
This. I need to score a PS3 for my buddy's wife so she can give it to him for Xmas.

Went to Sams Club, bought $300(3X $100) worth of gift membership cards and recieved an additional $75(3 X $25) in gift cards. Went to Walmart next door and used the gift cards to buy an Xbox 250GB holiday bundle and received another promotional $75 gift card. Planning on going to another Walmart with a red Wii in stock to use the $75 gift card.

250GB Xbox holiday bundle and red Wii holiday bundle for around $275 + tax!!! :lol:

A person besides me bought 10 membership cards! So, it's practically between 20-25% off ANYTHING at Walmart and Sams Club!

[quote name='sadboy']There were a number of people on Slickdeals who bought 10-40 of those cards.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprise. It is only for a limited time. I do believe Walmart made a mistake and someone figured it out. Walmart and Sams Club sells just about everything including gas!

[quote name='leopaw']Went to Sams Club, bought $300(3X $100) worth of gift membership cards and recieved an additional $75(3 X $25) in gift cards. Went to Walmart next door and used the gift cards to buy an Xbox 250GB holiday bundle and received another promotional $75 gift card. Planning on going to another Walmart with a red Wii in stock to use the $75 gift card.

250GB Xbox holiday bundle and red Wii holiday bundle for around $275 + tax!!! :lol:

A person besides me bought 10 membership cards! So, it's practically between 20-25% off ANYTHING at Walmart and Sams Club![/QUOTE]

Microsoft points should be bought with it then, its rare to find those discounted :)

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Microsoft points should be bought with it then, its rare to find those discounted :)[/QUOTE]
Walmart also carries Ipads.

So do you guys think this is going to be the last big sale before Christmas? Not sure if anyone does big sales after Christmas.

[quote name='leopaw']I'm not surprise. It is only for a limited time. I do believe Walmart made a mistake and someone figured it out. Walmart and Sams Club sells just about everything including gas![/QUOTE]
It's not a mistake in the same vein as a misprinted. There was loophole that people found and abused the hell out of, which inevitably killed the deal pretty quickly.

I was on my way to Sams Club, debating whether or not to go ahead with this deal (there is still 30min before it closes). I decided to use the money I have and pay off the last remainder of my debt (I owe $800). Although slightly bummed at the thought, I hope it will benefit me in the long run. I'm trying to be mature in this world with my finances. Besides, as another CAG user told me on Facebook, "25% off is weak!".

Damn good deal...this is the week of epic deals on the Red Wii. I could pick up a Red Wii (since the idiot @ Sears in the mall lied & screwed me over w/ the layaway I had) but I need to pay off this negative Paypal balance so I can sell a bunch of crap on ebay to get some money for one.

[quote name='Riyonuk']I was on my way to Sams Club, debating whether or not to go ahead with this deal (there is still 30min before it closes). I decided to use the money I have and pay off the last remainder of my debt (I owe $800). Although slightly bummed at the thought, I hope it will benefit me in the long run. I'm trying to be mature in this world with my finances. Besides, as another CAG user told me on Facebook, "25% off is weak!".[/QUOTE]
It's 20% off, which is uber-weak. Just kidding! No... I think for those who hoarded the crap out of those cards, they were already intending to use the money anyway. It's like getting something for nothing.

I'm just sick of the degenerate banter going on at Slickdeals from just trying to figure out how the deal went on. "Oh, I got 20. They didn't know what hit them. Manager looked stupid. Gonna go back to try it again later..."

Anyway, back on topic, can anyone confirm that this deal starts during the evening tomorrow? That sort of takes any edge I have for getting it, as my Walmart is open 24/7.

Good luck to everyone.

[quote name='sadboy']
Anyway, back on topic, can anyone confirm that this deal starts during the evening tomorrow? That sort of takes any edge I have for getting it, as my Walmart is open 24/7.

Good luck to everyone.[/QUOTE]

The website says "This item will only be available in stores at the special low price starting Friday, December 17 at 9pm. While Supplies Last." Walmart 160gb PS3 My local WalMart is a 24 hr. one as well. I was thinking the same as you.

Just came back from Wal-Mart (my roommates like to shop at night). The cashier lady was telling us that another lady just left, who bought 6 $100 Gift Cards and my friends we're like "Woah!". I instantly knew what it was for, it had to be for this deal. I thought that was for Sams Club only though? I don't understand anything anymore :/

I just got back from my local WalMart. I tried to buy/return/rebuy, but that was a no go. They pulled them for the sale. Just in case anyone was gonna try. Oh well. I'll try my luck tomorrow I guess. =\

[quote name='chimpmeister']Between this Walmart deal and the Amazon and BB deals, its obvious that there was a huge stock of 160gb PS3 consoles, and they are being blown out . . . probably in preparation for discontinuing this particular PS3 configuration, and having a larger hard drive version replace it. Sony is probably giving heavy incentives to all the big retailers to blow these out . . . maybe partly due to weaker PS3 sales vs. XBox sales, as was recently reported. I heard that the Kinect bundles outsold the Move bundles by a hefty margin in November.[/QUOTE]

It's hilarious reading retarded FUD from Xbox fanboys.

I'm sure all of those $75 gift cards given out for Xbox360 and Wii purchases means that there is a huge stock of 360s and Wiis because of weak sales.

bread's done
Back