PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 gift card & Wii w/$75 gift card at Walmart - 12/17

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY!

The deal is on GO GO GO...PS3 160gb all models including bonus games like Medal of honor/uncharted bundles. HURRY no 9pm BULL$HIT

[quote name='nothingman21']has amazon dropped the seventy five bucks?[/QUOTE]

amazon is dead but go to walmart it is $100 so that takes care of tax and get the 160gb either console only or a bundle but make sure it is 160gb. THE DEAL IS ON NOW NOT 9PM but NOW NOW NOW

[quote name='b0mbsquad']amazon is dead but go to walmart it is $100 so that takes care of tax and get the 160gb either console only or a bundle but make sure it is 160gb. THE DEAL IS ON NOW NOT 9PM but NOW NOW NOW[/QUOTE]

So it is live now? Anyone else confirm this?

It was online, but sold out already. I'd like to know about actual physical Walmarts if they are starting now or at 9 P.M. tonight still?

Walmart still has this on their website: "This item will only be available in stores at the special low price starting Friday, December 17 at 9pm. While Supplies Last."

Can someone from the CAG community have actual proof?

[quote name='subieracer']I can order this for $309 shipped to my house.. think it's a deal still?[/QUOTE]

Im comparing this deal to whats already out there and I still think its the best deal considering I wanted to buy Modnation racer anyways. So if your telling me Little Big Planet GOTY and Cars blu-ray aint worth $10 bucks too you for both than your probably a whole lot cheaper than I am :applause:

PS...Buying a system and taking it home 10 minutes later sure beats ordering it and twiddle my thumbs while spending my day waiting for the fed ex truck to just leave a note saying your not home when you clearly was. I will gladly pay the 9 dollar extra over your deal

[quote name='subieracer']I'm sure everyone else is wondering, but is this only on the console? think it would work on bundles? the $100 GC would be rad for ME2.

just in case anyone wonders i'm stopping by the walmart to see if this works with bundles or only bare systems. i'll post my luck.[/QUOTE]

And before flaming me on my deal the WALMART deal is only good for BareBones System. Nothing Included. So a $50 GC + 2games and a movie is still the best

[quote name='rpgfan']Walmart still has this on their website: "This item will only be available in stores at the special low price starting Friday, December 17 at 9pm. While Supplies Last."

Can someone from the CAG community have actual proof?[/QUOTE]
I bought a 160GB this morning here in NC and got the $100 gift card. The manager that helped me said he thought the deal wasn't in effect until 9PM tonight, but he tried and it worked.

[quote name='leopaw']Went to Sams Club, bought $300(3X $100) worth of gift membership cards and recieved an additional $75(3 X $25) in gift cards. Went to Walmart next door and used the gift cards to buy an Xbox 250GB holiday bundle and received another promotional $75 gift card. Planning on going to another Walmart with a red Wii in stock to use the $75 gift card.

250GB Xbox holiday bundle and red Wii holiday bundle for around $275 + tax!!! :lol:

A person besides me bought 10 membership cards! So, it's practically between 20-25% off ANYTHING at Walmart and Sams Club![/QUOTE]

That is pure genius. Now to push all of this onto my friend who doesnt have a PS3 and be all like... look man, spend $300, get a PS3 and end up with $175 in gift cards! Its win win!

I'd have left work already and done this if i didnt own one already. Awesome deal.

Can anyone confirm if this deal will work with any bundles like the 160g BF bundle? I about to go to wallmart in about 4 hours if people say this deal is ON.

thanks

How long do you have till you can spend the $25 gift card from sams? So it's buy $100 gift card, get $25 no limit?

I spend $350 a month on wal-mart groceries.

25% off for the next 6-12 months would be epic.

[quote name='Click']It's hilarious reading retarded FUD from Xbox fanboys.

I'm sure all of those $75 gift cards given out for Xbox360 and Wii purchases means that there is a huge stock of 360s and Wiis because of weak sales.[/QUOTE]
Huge stock of wiis maybe. I was looking for a 360 last week, and BB & Amazon were sold out during that time. BB had huge piles of PS3s in the aisles though.

Deal is live at the North Garland (Texas) walmart. Most of the Wii's were claimed already except for 2 white ones. They were out of the BF PS3 bundles but still had some non-bundled PS3s left.

Thanks for the heads up on the early start for these. Picked up a black wii for the niece and nephew at the crystal lake, IL walmart and deal is definitely live. There were 5-6 black and white ones (no reds) in stock and the sales associate pulled mine from a box sitting on a rolling cart near the register, so it looks like stock is decent.

[quote name='leopaw']Went to Sams Club, bought $300(3X $100) worth of gift membership cards and recieved an additional $75(3 X $25) in gift cards. Went to Walmart next door and used the gift cards to buy an Xbox 250GB holiday bundle and received another promotional $75 gift card. Planning on going to another Walmart with a red Wii in stock to use the $75 gift card.

250GB Xbox holiday bundle and red Wii holiday bundle for around $275 + tax!!! :lol:

A person besides me bought 10 membership cards! So, it's practically between 20-25% off ANYTHING at Walmart and Sams Club![/QUOTE]
Please explain this to me. What are these gift membership cards good for? Can the $100 ones be used at walmart to get a ps3 and get another $100 card?

Deal is live - got the last black Wii in south LA - walmart on Crenshaw. 4 white wiis left. Check out girl didn't have an answer when I asked if they have more in stock for the crazyness at 9pm

Deal is LIVE as of 9am in Pleasanton, CA. This was a non 24 hour Walmart (though open 24 hours till Christmas).

Even better than this!!!?
I purchased their last Black Friday console (Uncharted 2 & MOH LE Bundle) for $299.99

Even better!!!?
I originally purchased the unit on the 13th and they were kind enough to do a refund / buy back. It was unused when I returned it, and Customer Service did it for me with the aid of a manager.

I do want to make it clear though. NO special processing was needed to give me the $100 gift card. It was automatic at the register! So go for it peeps!

Amazon currently has matched the deal, but it was a no brainer for me to keep the Bundle. Those 2 great titles are definitely worth paying the CA tax difference buying it at Walmart instead of Amazon!

Happy Holidays everyone! I have much love for all you CAGers continues to make this sight so awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wargod']How long do you have till you can spend the $25 gift card from sams? So it's buy $100 gift card, get $25 no limit?

I spend $350 a month on wal-mart groceries.

25% off for the next 6-12 months would be epic.[/QUOTE]

That's 20% off, not 25%. You're getting $125 worth of goods for $100. I.e. 80% of normal cost, or 20% off.

But boy I can't wait to hear about the rage and possible violence from people who go in tonight thinking they are going to score this deal, only to find that inventories have been cleaned out at many stores.

[quote name='karkyco'] But boy I can't wait to hear about the rage and possible violence from people who go in tonight thinking they are going to score this deal, only to find that inventories have been cleaned out at many stores.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and thanks to CAG I won't be one of them.

[quote name='XtraN']Yup! I mentioned this on my last post /\above/\ I forgot to post the link :cry: -> FIXED[/QUOTE]

Yes, saw your post only now, my bad. :)

[quote name='Denogginizer']I bought a 160GB this morning here in NC and got the $100 gift card. The manager that helped me said he thought the deal wasn't in effect until 9PM tonight, but he tried and it worked.[/QUOTE]

where in NC? I am in NC and will try at my local Walmart but they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer :roll:

For a $100 Walmart GC, Plastic Jungle will give $92 cash or paypal (quicker than a check!), or a $96.60 GC to Amazon. I don't see how this "sam's gift membership card" would be any different.

$100-$92 = $8 $25-8 = $17 profit per card sold at Plastic Jungle.

Basically go into Sams and buy 20 $100 cards, tell them that you have a big family and are getting memberships for everyone, then sell them all on plastic jungle for a quick $340 profit or so. :D

[quote name='wargod']For a $100 Walmart GC, Plastic Jungle will give $92 cash or paypal (quicker than a check!), or a $96.60 GC to Amazon. I don't see how this "sam's gift membership card" would be any different.

$100-$92 = $8 $25-8 = $17 profit per card sold at Plastic Jungle.

Basically go into Sams and buy 20 $100 cards, tell them that you have a big family and are getting memberships for everyone, then sell them all on plastic jungle for a quick $340 profit or so. :D[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it bro.

Boo! Very disappointed I ordered the PS3 Holiday (or family, whatever it is) bundle, and received the $25 dollar credit. Would much have rather had this.

1. Does the new super mario bros. game have the club.nintendo registration # in it to register?
2. Does club.nintendo.com let you register 2 of the same product (yes i realize the reg #'s are all unique)
3. How do you save game saves and transfer them to a new wii, just as simple as via SD cards?

I am already a wii owner, and therefore I have already registered my white wii on club.nintendo.com, plus i am already a new super mario bros. owner and i have registered that as well. I am getting the red wii tonight at 9pm at my local wally world (hopefully) and I want to know if I can register the new red wii even though I already have a wii registered on my account, and I have the same question regarding new super mario bros. as well.

Thank you!

Just go and get it now... I'm thinking everything is live.. Was shocked when I purchased my PS3.. Just as shocked as the guy at the checkout. I think he might be getting one once he gets off of work as well :p

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']1. Does the new super mario bros. game have the club.nintendo registration # in it to register?
2. Does club.nintendo.com let you register 2 of the same product (yes i realize the reg #'s are all unique)
3. How do you save game saves and transfer them to a new wii, just as simple as via SD cards?

I am already a wii owner, and therefore I have already registered my white wii on club.nintendo.com, plus i am already a new super mario bros. owner and i have registered that as well. I am getting the red wii tonight at 9pm at my local wally world (hopefully) and I want to know if I can register the new red wii even though I already have a wii registered on my account, and I have the same question regarding new super mario bros. as well.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

1. AFAIK no, it comes in a paper sleeve, like Wii Sports.
2. No (Look into "family accounts" but I dont think this lets you get more points for multiple items)
3. Yes, but some saves are locked in games (mostly ones with leaderboards/online)

[quote name='nnthomas']1. AFAIK no, it comes in a paper sleeve, like Wii Sports.
2. No (Look into "family accounts" but I dont think this lets you get more points for multiple items)
3. Yes, but some saves are locked in games (mostly ones with leaderboards/online)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Thomas!

[quote name='shinryu333']would appreciate it if anyone can answer my dumb question[/QUOTE]

Yes the holiday/BF bundles are the same price as bare consoles, however it's getting harder and harder to find the bundles...

[quote name='blitztwn36']Ditto on the deal being live - I'm in Pittsburgh and the Wiis and PS3's are both active.[/QUOTE]Bethel park walmart told me to buzz off till 9pm. don't do there people.

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but some Wal-Marts are running with this deal before 9 pm. I just left the Algood, TN Wal-Mart and folks were picking up Wii's and PS3's with the predetermined gift cards. I asked a friend there and he said they had been running the deal all day...I also assume the other deals for the event are live as well.

Probably YMMV for this too.

bread's done
Back