PS3 160 GB Console w/$100 gift card & Wii w/$75 gift card at Walmart - 12/17

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
On December 17th starting at 9 PM Walmart will be running a secret event. 2 of the items on the list is a 160 GB PS3 which includes a $100 WM giftcard. the Wii will also be on sale with a $75 WM giftcard. The other items will be mostly toys at 50% off and some electronics and appliances with giftcards rangiing from $25-$50 with purchase.

ENJOY!

Unbelievable.......I just got back from Walmart in Oklahoma City. I was ready to buy a Wii and PS3....here's the kicker....loss leaders are illegal in Oklahoma....so the Wii comes with a $20 card and the PS3 with a $50 card.
At least the PS3 at Best Buy was a bundle.
CRAP!

I just came back from walmart. bought the holiday bundle (UC2&MOHPS3) and they only gave me a $50 giftcard aswell. wtf. maybe I do have to buy it at 9 pm in order to receive a $100 giftcard instead. by the way my wally has more than a dozen of the holiday bundles instore (found them behind all of the unbundles if anyone curious) never mind, I found the answer...Wisconsin residents got "shaft" (was posted on SD)

Last edited by a moderator:
In line at the Walmart in Lansing, MI. I stopped in earlier and they told me they were allowed to offer the deal early on any PS3s they had left on the shop floor - but unfortunately they didn't have any left out (that was at about 4:30pm).

However, the guy said they had about 50 in the back ready for the sale at 9pm - I'm second in line so I'm pretty hopeful! :p

Big thanks to everyone on the thread - I didn't think I'd be able to get a PS3 this year, but thanks to this deal I can!

Has anyone seen any black friday ps3 bundles around the anaheim Ca, westminister or buena park area? My 60gb ylo'd again last week a year after I fixed it. I really need a ps3 but can't afford to get it at full price, was planning to use the giftcard for groceries and sell the games! Please pm if you've seen one!

[quote name='shinryu333']I just came back from walmart. bought the holiday bundle (UC2&MOHPS3) and they only gave me a $50 giftcard aswell. wtf. maybe I do have to buy it at 9 pm in order to receive a $100 giftcard instead. by the way my wally has more than a dozen of the holiday bundles instore (found them behind all of the unbundles if anyone curious) never mind, I found the answer...Wisconsin residents got "shaft" (was posted on SD)[/QUOTE]

OKlahoma is the same way shinryu333. Looks like we're gonna get the shaft on the Best Buy $100/$75 gift card give away this weekend, too!

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah come on, I'm settling for BB's $50 GC... There's no Wal-mart around me so I don't know (there are talks about bring Wal-mart to NYC, but a lot of people against it)...[/QUOTE]

you don't have a walmart near yOU! is it just NYC or the state of New york also? curious. cuz we have 3 super walmarts in town. thats crazy.

I picked up the red wii! I got to the walmart thats 5 mins away from me at 8:45 and there was a line and the employee giving out tickets told me he only had black and white wiis. So I decided to try the other walmart thats on the other side of town and was surprised to see they had plenty of all 3 wii colors in the cases. They werent even giving out tickets.

Thanks OP. Picked up a ps3 and a wii. The lines were Crazy long and they had 2 seperate lines for each system. lucky i knew somebody and picked up both.

Everyone at the Irvington store (except me) wanted the Wii. Sold out on the Wii but at least 4 boxes (12) of PS3 left as of 15 minutes ago.

Got FCKED at the last minute at one store... an hour wasted, but casually walked in the second and just picked one up. Only happens to me, I swear.

Just to let people know, I went to the Walmart in Washington, MO and they only had 2 normal 160GB PS3 boxes in the case, but for the 9PM deal they pulled out a huge pallet that had about 30 BF PS3 bundles on it for the sale. So even if a Walmart was out of them in the case there's a chance that they might be pulling from a special stock like in the location I visited.

Thanks to CAG for the heads up on this deal, count me as one of the Christmas PS3 owners that had never planned on it!

Arrived at a Walmart in North Phoenix at 9, and had to go to the jewelry counter to pick up a black Wii. 30 black and white Wii(s) available behind the counter. The Wii displays were empty in the electronics section. Good thing I asked before leaving.

My Wal-Mart in Normal, IL, still had a cart of roughly 30 Wii systems (somewhere around 8-10+ cases of 3 Wiis per, plus more boxes out of the cases on the cart) and a LOT of PS3s because more than twice as many people wanted the Wii. The good news is that the PS3s came bundled with Medal Of Honor and Uncharted 2 which may not mean anything to the people who are replacing a PS3, but getting the PS3 for $299, with two games bundled, and a $100 gift card is a good deal for people who are getting the system for the first time. Might be worth a drive for folks in Chicago, St. Louis, Champaign, Peoria, etc. who missed out on the deal.

went ahead and picked up reg 160 gb ps3, but will keep it sealed for time being in hopes that I go into walmart within the next week or so and see a BF bundle I will try and exchange, anyone know if this method would even work??

I went to the Walmart in Lynnwood, WA and they didn't have any 160 PS3 in the case. I called the one in Everett and they had some, but not the BF bundle. I would only buy the bundle and I was hoping to get lucky. Oh well, I will have to fix my broken 60gb fat PS3.

[quote name='Nesrie']I know BB is matching. Is there any word about Target on this?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is matching? I knew they had a 50 dollar gift card, but are they having a 100 dollar one now? And yes, Target is matching the deal. If Best Buy is matching, I might go to Sam's and do their deal and buy Best Buy giftcard there and then pick up a bundle at Best Buy if Walmart is out of bundles with UC2 and MOH.

[quote name='tdesi420']is the walmart deal still availble or was it last night only?

i tried last night but no luck, they had 9 ps3's, and i was #10 on line.[/QUOTE]
This weekend only.

Well I'm a semi proud owner of a PS3 now. Got to my Wal-Mart at 6pm, I was first in line for a PS3. After 3 hours of standing (ugh), I used my $100 gift card to pickup Uncharted 2.

There are only about 7 exclusive games I wanted to play on PS3, that's the main reason I never took the plunge.

I went to one Walmart at about 7:00pm and got them to pricematch Target AND get the giftcard with a Black Wii. Went to another store, waited in line til 9:00pm and was #6 of 6 for the Red Wii (they were using a ticket system.) They wouldn't pricematch, but I could use the GC from the first one and still got a second GC. Now I just have to decide which one I like more, and flip the other on Craigslist.

Picked up the last Black Friday UC2 and MOH bundle with a $100 GC this morning at Walmart, couldn't believe they still had one.

[quote name='UNC5052']Best Buy is matching? I knew they had a 50 dollar gift card, but are they having a 100 dollar one now? And yes, Target is matching the deal. If Best Buy is matching, I might go to Sam's and do their deal and buy Best Buy giftcard there and then pick up a bundle at Best Buy if Walmart is out of bundles with UC2 and MOH.[/QUOTE]

So i could roll into target and get a wii and get a 75 dollar card from them too?

[quote name='nnthomas']Got FCKED at the last minute at one store... an hour wasted, but casually walked in the second and just picked one up. Only happens to me, I swear.[/QUOTE]

Sort of the samething happened to me. I actually didnt wait anything thinking people without jobs (12%+ in my state) the economy being weak blah blah blah....they wouldnt be spending like this...so I got there late.

I show up at 11:15pm at one store and the last one was at the register being paid for. I knew that store had about 10 so I was like WTF. So much for my economy theory.

At that point I said to my wife I am going to one more store, if its there fine, if not then I'll get it at Target or just wait again I am not wasting my time running around for this.

Ended up getting the last one at another Walmart a few miles away easy, just walked in and got it. 5 minutes.

Walmart out of PS3s in Renton, WA. Also did not accept bundles as part of the $100 GC deal.

Still PS3-less. Damn.

got mine around 12 noon on fri in san jose- last one. checked another wm for bf bundles but they only had 4 regular ones. called around this morning 8am: everyone sold out. im keeping mine sealed in case another deal comes up or if i find a bf bundle somewhere. also might need some quick cash so might be willing to sell with the gift card included...we shall see.

Had a rather odd experience last night at Walmart on Jonseboro rd. in Forest Park, Ga...it's like they didn't want me to pay for my PS3! First, when I was in the lay away section to get my PS3, one of the clerks bagged it for me and took mine and another lady's PS3 to the electronics section cashier for check out. I let the lady get her system first and while she was dealing with one cashier, another came up to help me out. She asked what I wanted and I pointed to the PS3 I was ready to buy...however, instead of checking me out, she gave it to me and told me to have a goodnight, thinking I had already paid for it and just left it up there...oops.

Briefly, I thought about going along with it and seeing if I could actually get a PS3 for free, but in the end decided to be good and tell her I was buying it then and ready to pay for it. She made a joke about how she would've just went along with it if she was me in that situation and proceeded to ring me up. Here's the odd part; She only charged me $199 for it, not $299 and still gave me a $100 gift card. Not sure how that happened but getting a PS3 for around $100 is the best deal I've had in a while! :hot:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Had a rather odd experience last night at Walmart on Jonseboro rd. in Forest Park, Ga...it's like they didn't want me to pay for my PS3! First, when I was in the lay away section to get my PS3, one of the clerks bagged it for me and took mine and another lady's PS3 to the electronics section cashier for check out. I let the lady get her system first and while she was dealing with one cashier, another came up to help me out. She asked what I wanted and I pointed to the PS3 I was ready to buy...however, instead of checking me out, she gave it to me and told me to have a goodnight, thinking I had already paid for it and just left it up there...oops.

Briefly, I thought about going along with it and seeing if I could actually get a PS3 for free, but in the end decided to be good and tell her I was buying it then and ready to pay for it. She made a joke about how she would've just went along with it if she was me in that situation and proceeded to ring me up. Here's the odd part; She only charged me $199 for it, not $299 and still gave me a $100 gift card. Not sure how that happened but getting a PS3 for around $100 is the best deal I've had in a while! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Maybe she did it on purpose, or she's just really stupid. Either way, grats man!

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Had a rather odd experience last night at Walmart on Jonseboro rd. in Forest Park, Ga...it's like they didn't want me to pay for my PS3! First, when I was in the lay away section to get my PS3, one of the clerks bagged it for me and took mine and another lady's PS3 to the electronics section cashier for check out. I let the lady get her system first and while she was dealing with one cashier, another came up to help me out. She asked what I wanted and I pointed to the PS3 I was ready to buy...however, instead of checking me out, she gave it to me and told me to have a goodnight, thinking I had already paid for it and just left it up there...oops.

Briefly, I thought about going along with it and seeing if I could actually get a PS3 for free, but in the end decided to be good and tell her I was buying it then and ready to pay for it. She made a joke about how she would've just went along with it if she was me in that situation and proceeded to ring me up. Here's the odd part; She only charged me $199 for it, not $299 and still gave me a $100 gift card. Not sure how that happened but getting a PS3 for around $100 is the best deal I've had in a while! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Immediate reward for choosing the "light" path.

i think that happened to me too- because my total gift card included was only $215 after tax. high five!

Picked up a PS3 tonight at Walmart in Decorah, Iowa. They had about a dozen left. I'm very excited, and even more happy that I was able to get such a good deal. Now I just have to figure out what games to get with my $100 gift card

[quote name='chickenbutt']Does that mean if I go tomorrow, I could still get the Wii with the gift card?[/QUOTE]
You could. However, it's also while supplies last. I'd call first.

bread's done
Back