PS3 160GB now or PS3 Move Bundle Later ?

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
I need some quick advice / persuasion on whether to purchase the new 160gb PS3 slim now ($300), or would it be more advantageous to wait next month to buy the 320gb PS3 slim w/ Move bundle ($400)?

I have absolutely no interest in Move (former disgruntled Wii owner b/c the novelty factor wore off), but the increased storage size of the hdd would be useful. Do you guys think it would to be too much hassle to resell / trade the Move bundle portion afterwards for maybe 75% the cost?

Presently, I have no next-gen system and a handful of PS3 titles. So should I jump the gun now or have I totally mis-judged the Move peripheral and thus, wait for the value bundle? I appreciate all your inputs. Thanks!

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Move = Sexy Better Wii Remote

Get your PS3 son[/QUOTE]

Yes, the all-important sexy factor. But which model are you suggesting me to invest? Are you favoring the Move, or saying to get the PS3 sooner than later?

I am saying go get your PS3 not exactly now but when your local place has the 160GB in stock
(I live in the city so I get mine the second its available but I know rural areas dont)

I own a Wii right now, and I didnt no something that is white could collect so much dust (see where I am going with this?) the Wii is a 5 minute fling, whoa I can play bowling, 10 min later man I need to sit down, Call of Duty......

Dont waste money on PlayStation Move = Wii 2.0

Edit: Even to add, I play retro on my Wii not even current because current SUCKS!, until Goldeneye 007 re-releases, which will probably suck too lol

160GB + large laptop hard drive. 320GB can be found for average ~$50 on newegg. You can probably go even larger/cheaper if you shop around.

If you swap to the larger hard drive immediately after purchase, then you wouldn't have to deal with migrating all the data later which is a PitA.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Dont waste money on PlayStation Move = Wii 2.0[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I really hope both the Move and Kinect fail miserably. We don't need motion control garbage for games. It's a gimmick and something that I ALWAYS turn OFF when playing games with it in them.

As to the OP's question, how badly do you want a PS3? That right there should make up your mind for you and not require any of our input.

Like enforcer said, just buy the lowest hard drive capacity possible and upgrade via newegg. Harddrives are dirt cheap. You can easily find 500GB for less than $75.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying the Move bundle. It's only $50 more than the 250GB system and for $50 I'm willing to give the move a shot.

If you're just looking for a bigger hard-drive, then I would wait for the 120 to go on sale and then buy a bigger one on newegg.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Right now I'm leaning towards buying the Move bundle. It's only $50 more than the 250GB system and for $50 I'm willing to give the move a shot.

If you're just looking for a bigger hard-drive, then I would wait for the 120 to go on sale and then buy a bigger one on newegg.[/QUOTE]

I'm bummed that the Nav-Controller (aka nunchuck) won't be included in the Move bundle, so that's another negative bulletpoint for me to fully embrace HD motion controls on the PS3 b/c of all the hidden costs.

All in all, I'm not really seeking a bigger hdd...just the best value for my money when I pick up a PS3 slim. After considering everyone's great insights, I am leaning towards the base model and will spend the savings on classic motion-controlless games :p . Thanks!

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I'm bummed that the Nav-Controller (aka nunchuck) won't be included in the Move bundle, so that's another negative bulletpoint for me to fully embrace HD motion controls on the PS3 b/c of all the hidden costs.

All in all, I'm not really seeking a bigger hdd...just the best value for my money when I pick up a PS3 slim. After considering everyone's great insights, I am leaning towards the base model and will spend the savings on classic motion-controlless games :p . Thanks![/QUOTE]

That bums me out too, but I absolutely loved Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and I really want to play RE 5 with motion controls. :bouncy: (I haven't bought it yet, so I'm hoping the Gold Edition goes down in price by then.)

If you can wait just buy the move bundle. It's too early to tell if the move will be a Wii v2.0. The reason the Wiimote sucks is the movement controls are only accurate 90% of the time (even with motion +). A button press is accurate 99.9% of the time. The move and connect won't be that accurate, but if they can move closer to the 99% accuracy it would allow developers to make "hardcore" games for those systems. "Hardcore" games just don't work well with the wiimote because inaccuracy = death = no fun in video games. So you end up with party games that only last 30 seconds because if the wiimote messes up in the 30 seconds you just give it another 30 seconds. In a "hardcore" game your two hours in and you die because the stupid remote didn't work = sucks.

Hold off on move, buy the PS3 and get a laptop drive to thrown in there thats large. buy the parts cheaper later. I already own the PS3 Eye and I paid 15 for that. I anticipate people selling their used ones for far cheaper than retail about two months afterwards.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I'm bummed that the Nav-Controller (aka nunchuck) won't be included in the Move bundle, so that's another negative bulletpoint for me to fully embrace HD motion controls on the PS3 b/c of all the hidden costs.[/QUOTE]What hidden costs? The Nav controller is optional because you won't need it for every game and where you might use it, the DS3 can be used instead so that you don't have to go with these hidden costs. :roll:

If you have no interest in Move, get the 160gb system now and save $100. If you need additional hdd space (160gb is a lot), then buy a hard drive separately.

[quote name='robodaddyo']What hidden costs? The Nav controller is optional because you won't need it for every game and where you might use it, the DS3 can be used instead so that you don't have to go with these hidden costs. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I realize you don't NEED the Nav controller, but think of it from the viewpoint of a newbie like me who is just jumping into the PS3 market. As a former Wii owner, the Wii bundle included the nunchuck attachment right out of the box, as well.

I see the MOVE and it's advertised/promoted along with the Nav controller (because it makes no sense to advertise the Nav on its own) to enjoy a FULL HD motion-control single player experience. Why put a restriction on my game options? Some games it seem might also require 2 Move controllers...

Also, and I know this will come down to personal opinion, I don't think the Sixaxis/DS3 will be comfortable using with one hand and is definitely not optimized for that purpose.

I'm intrigued by Move a little bit more now by some of the other CAGs comments and gaming blogs saying RE5, Heavy Rain, and LBP2 will be enhanced with Move support. I believe those games can utilize it well. Thanks again for everyone's two cents on the matter.

bread's done
Back