PS3 3 80 GB System $359.99 at Newegg

I got this too but it claimed

"Only for Subscribers. Promo Codes Exclusively for You! (Promo codes expire 07/08/2009)"

But I got the same code you did so I guess it will work for anyone.

When you try to apply this promo code, it asks you to login using your Newegg ID. Not sure if you aren't an email subscriber if this will work. I checked on Dell's site and they have the same deal with no specific codes. You probably have to pay tax on this though. Both of them have free shipping.

Newegg only charges sales tax to customers from the states in which they have a physical presence: California, New Jersey and Tennessee. They were charging NY sales tax for awhile, but told them to shove it.

[quote name='stryker']15% off DELL coupon code: 65G7RQ11J?M2LH

80GB/$340
160GB/$425[/QUOTE]

I just checked on the PS3 and they have it with $40 off but it wouldn't allow the coupon to be applied.

It lets you apply the coupon but the coupon overides the $40 off because its a better deal. You can not get the $40 off and then 15% off of that.

[quote name='shiftyfink']It lets you apply the coupon but the coupon overides the $40 off because its a better deal. You can not get the $40 off and then 15% off of that.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't expecting to get the $40 and the 15% but for whatever reason, when I applied the coupon, it didn't replace the $40 off.

well, i hope these are hints at a permanent price drop

Edit- Dell worked for me, brings total down to 339.95, oh i see, you cant stack the 15 percent and 40 dollars instant rebate... bummer if they stacked it'd be 299.15 if they took 15 percent from original price or 305.95 if they took it off rebate price.

Almost there Sony. Anxiously waiting for the "inevitable" price drop. Unless this is Sony's slick way of testing the waters by giving seller incentives with these little drops and $off :whistle2:k My only real incentive for a PS3 right now is "The Last Guardian" and that doesn't come out til next year so I can wait it out some more.

not a bad price for this.
151l1259.jpg

Dell and amazon are pretty much even because of dell's tax of ~$20. Newegg may be the better deal because I heard that you could get cashback on it, I don't know how to it though. It ends up being $9 cashback bing..

[quote name='mdmola']Dell and amazon are pretty much even because of dell's tax of ~$20. Newegg may be the better deal because I heard that you could get cashback on it, I don't know how to it though. It ends up being $9 cashback bing..[/QUOTE]

Go to fatwallet.com

A pretty alright deal for those who don't really care for how much they're going to pay but want a PS3 now at a small discount.

[quote name='PhilESkyline']I say wait...Sony will be dropping the price soon. They have no other choice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you keep on waiting. Until they stop losing ~$40 on each PS3 at the current price point, there will be no drop.

[quote name='technole']Yeah you keep on waiting. Until they stop losing ~$40 on each PS3 at the current price point, there will be no drop.[/QUOTE]

Within the next six months, they don't have much of a choice.

Everyone has been saying this for so long. They have no choice. They have no choice. They have choice. The 80GB unit is already $400, which is a superb deal for what you get. I think that, by now, at least internally, Sony has realized they lost this generation and are just gonna do what they can to stay close to the 360. They are, what, less than 10 million units behind? Not too bad for a system that came out with a premium unit at $600.

[quote name='opportunity777']Within the next six months, they don't have much of a choice.[/QUOTE]

Everyone said that after last year's E3. The PS3 is a steal for what is in the package. Yet no one complains about buying a 360 elite and not getting wi-fi in-the-box.

As i've been saying to everyone they want to drop production costs as much as potential customers want a price drop. I'm sure the inevitable slim model is a way to get there. Which could also make it possible the current SKU could drop in price. When they will get there is a good question.

guys lets STOP arguing whether or not its going to get a price drop.. pretty pointless, if it does , it does, if it doesnt, it doesnt!!! Who honestly cares jesus...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Everyone has been saying this for so long. They have no choice. They have no choice. They have choice. The 80GB unit is already $400, which is a superb deal for what you get. I think that, by now, at least internally, Sony has realized they lost this generation and are just gonna do what they can to stay close to the 360. They are, what, less than 10 million units behind? Not too bad for a system that came out with a premium unit at $600.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technole']Everyone said that after last year's E3. The PS3 is a steal for what is in the package. Yet no one complains about buying a 360 elite and not getting wi-fi in-the-box.

As i've been saying to everyone they want to drop production costs as much as potential customers want a price drop. I'm sure the inevitable slim model is a way to get there. Which could also make it possible the current SKU could drop in price. When they will get there is a good question.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't lump me with those hacks who call themselves analysts. Most of their predictions and speculations are outright terrible. :lol:

I only think Sony's hand will be forced because the other two will make a move to stem stagnating console sales. I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I don't think it's a terrible bet.

[quote name='Aleman']You have to pay sales tax at Dell... brings the 80 GB up to about $360.[/QUOTE]

I don't have to pay sales tax so it's $340 for me, but yeah, it's a bummer that you guys have to pay an additional $20.

[quote name='deszaras']I wasn't expecting to get the $40 and the 15% but for whatever reason, when I applied the coupon, it didn't replace the $40 off.[/QUOTE]

That's strange, it works for me. Maybe try another browser?

[quote name='opportunity777']Hey, don't lump me with those hacks who call themselves analysts. Most of their predictions and speculations are outright terrible. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, true. My bad.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You cannot combine the two discounts. If anybody has been able to, please post how you managed to swing it.[/QUOTE]

After thinking about it, unless this is possible I'd rather just get the BB bundle.

bread's done
Back