PS3 320GB Infamous 2 bundle $269.99 at Sony Store!

i think ill drive down to the sony store at lunch and see if i can pick on up. Ive been waiting a while for a deal and this is better then nothing i guess. thanks

Not bad, anything off MSRP is rare. Not as good as the Toys R Us blowout a few weeks ago for 249.99. Definitely trying to make room for the Uncharted Bundles.

How good of a deal is this? I'm interested in the 320GB PS3 and not paying more than $300. Do you think this deal is as good as it gets or do you think there will be something better on Black Friday?

Thanks!

[quote name='chuckm79']How good of a deal is this? I'm interested in the 320GB PS3 and not paying more than $300. Do you think this deal is as good as it gets or do you think there will be something better on Black Friday?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

They might not have this on Black Friday. Toys R Us already liquidated all their stock. Most Targets are all out and Amazons supply is on it's last leg, with no bundles shipping out for 2-4 weeks. You are more likely to see special holiday bundles on Black Friday rather than any deals on this or the Uncharted 3 bundle.

[quote name='JP73']They might not have this on Black Friday. Toys R Us already liquidated all their stock. Most Targets are all out and Amazons supply is on it's last leg, with no bundles shipping out for 2-4 weeks. You are more likely to see special holiday bundles on Black Friday rather than any deals on this or the Uncharted 3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm not necessarily looking for the bundle with inFamous or Uncharted 3, I'm just looking to get the most for my money. I haven't been following the PS3 holiday bundles in the past, but it looks like they usually come with a bluRay movie and I'm more interested in games than movies. I was just curious if you think there might be a black friday deal with more than 1 good game for this price or $299.

[quote name='chuckm79']Thanks for the info. I'm not necessarily looking for the bundle with inFamous or Uncharted 3, I'm just looking to get the most for my money. I haven't been following the PS3 holiday bundles in the past, but it looks like they usually come with a bluRay movie and I'm more interested in games than movies. I was just curious if you think there might be a black friday deal with more than 1 good game for this price or $299.[/QUOTE]

Probably. Amazon usually has one. Last year they had a 160 GB bundle with Ratchet and Clank and Singstar for the regular 299 160 GB price. But I'm not sure if anything they have would be better than a 320 Gig with Infamous 2 or Uncharted 3.

[quote name='JP73']Probably. Amazon usually has one. Last year they had a 160 GB bundle with Ratchet and Clank and Singstar for the regular 299 160 GB price. But I'm not sure if anything they have would be better than a 320 Gig with Infamous 2 or Uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks all for the info. I just bought one :)

[quote name='chuckm79']Thanks all for the info. I just bought one :)[/QUOTE]

Good buy. This is a pretty good deal. I'm a die-hard 360 fan but I'm tempted to bite just so I can play the few PS3 exclusives that are available. I'm sure by the time I convince myself to get it, it'll be gone.

[quote name='chuckm79']I don't see anywhere in that post that indicates a price drop. There is already a "under $250" model, it's the 160GB version.[/QUOTE]

my mistake. looks like they are describing the 160gb version being available for under 250$.

That video isn't advertising a price drop, you knuckleheads. It's pointing out that PS3's start at under $250.

160GB version: $249.99
320GB version: $299.99
etc.

Great deal, OP! Would jump all over this if I didn't already have one.

There is always going to be a better offer, but for the time being this is a good deal. That's a hell of a lot of HD space.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Good buy. This is a pretty good deal. I'm a die-hard 360 fan but I'm tempted to bite just so I can play the few PS3 exclusives that are available. I'm sure by the time I convince myself to get it, it'll be gone.[/QUOTE]

Buy one. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford both, no reason to pass on this. Theyre too many good games your missing out on. I own both and it's nice not to have to worry about exclusives.

[quote name='clarke32']Buy one. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford both, no reason to pass on this. Theyre too many good games your missing out on. I own both and it's nice not to have to worry about exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Words of wisdom indeed. Missing out on God of War 3 would have sucked hairy balls and so would have Left 4 Dead. Gotta have em both.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']Is there shipping? My phone is being dumb and I can't add it right now. Hope its there in the morning?[/QUOTE]

I paid sales tax, but shipping was free. (I paid with my Sony credit card, but I don't know if that matters.)

[quote name='chuckm79']I paid sales tax, but shipping was free. (I paid with my Sony credit card, but I don't know if that matters.)[/QUOTE]

They offer free shipping for orders over $25 for everyone, so shipping on this would be free.

Does anyone know if this will include the 30 day free playstation plus subscription? I can't find it anywhere in the description.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it on the box at best buy. Yes. Unless this one is different from what was in nest buy.
Im going to bite. I need to replace mine anyways.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']I saw it on the box at best buy. Yes. Unless this one is different from what was in nest buy.
Im going to bite. I need to replace mine anyways.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't resist and ordered anyway. If it comes with it cool, if not, oh well. It comes with Infamous 2. I need a new PS3 since my launch 60GB kicked the bucket some months back.

[quote name='Ironlocke']I couldn't resist and ordered anyway. If it comes with it cool, if not, oh well. It comes with Infamous 2. I need a new PS3 since my launch 60GB kicked the bucket some months back.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. My mgs4 model kicked it a few weeks back. It was resurrected briefly with a heat gun. After the new one arrives im going to do it again and use the ps+ to cloud my saves to the new one.
Sigh. I wish I could get my old one working. I was playing dragon quest 8 on it.

I have my preorder in for Uncharted 3 bundle. Need to replace an old 60GB that I replaced an APS-231 power supply on and flipped on eBay

Hmm...Tempted to bite on this. My 60gb is still working but I wanna replace it. I don't really need all that hd space though. Ideally I'd like to see if I can grab a 160gb for $200 around black friday.

But...I have no patience.

I'm on the fence here. I highly doubt we'll see one cheaper than this on Black Friday, most likely just a bundle with extra crap I don't want. On the other hand, once taxes get calculated, the price of this jumps up to $287, so not quite a deal anymore. Decisions decisions....

[quote name='spmahn']I'm on the fence here. I highly doubt we'll see one cheaper than this on Black Friday, most likely just a bundle with extra crap I don't want. On the other hand, once taxes get calculated, the price of this jumps up to $287, so not quite a deal anymore. Decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

If you buy a vanilla 160 GB system, it'll cost you ~$265 after tax. So $20 more and you get a 2x larger hard drive and a free game with 1 month PSN Plus.

Seems like a solid deal and I totally agree that the Black Friday bundles will be filled with a bunch of otherwise unwanted "goods."

[quote name='Ecofreak']If you buy a vanilla 160 GB system, it'll cost you ~$265 after tax. So $20 more and you get a 2x larger hard drive and a free game with 1 month PSN Plus.

Seems like a solid deal and I totally agree that the Black Friday bundles will be filled with a bunch of otherwise unwanted "goods."[/QUOTE]

And don't forget to factor in the hassle of actually obtaining a black friday bundle as well. There is something to be said of being able to be walk into a store and do the deal and walkout in less than 5 minutes and with zero drama.

But that said, just because you may not want the stuff in a black friday bundle, that doesn't mean someone else doesn't....I flipped the stuff that came with my bundle from Best Buy last year (Cars blu, mod racers, and little big planet) on ebay for about $48 after fees..While that route takes a bit of work, it did lower the ultimate out of pocket expense.

[quote name='Ecofreak']If you buy a vanilla 160 GB system, it'll cost you ~$265 after tax. So $20 more and you get a 2x larger hard drive and a free game with 1 month PSN Plus.

Seems like a solid deal and I totally agree that the Black Friday bundles will be filled with a bunch of otherwise unwanted "goods."[/QUOTE]

It is true that it is a good deal in that sense, but I don't trust that in a few weeks when the Unchartered 3 Bundle comes out that TRU or Target won't run a Buy PS3 Uncharted 3 Bundle and get a $50 Gift Card or something like they do with XBox 360 and Wii all the time.

[quote name='spmahn']It is true that it is a good deal in that sense, but I don't trust that in a few weeks when the Unchartered 3 Bundle comes out that TRU or Target won't run a Buy PS3 Uncharted 3 Bundle and get a $50 Gift Card or something like they do with XBox 360 and Wii all the time.[/QUOTE]

You got a good point there. I'm too old to go hunting for Black Friday deals. :cry:

bread's done
Back