PS3 & 360 BAND HERO full band Super Bundle $59.99 Clearance @ Best Buy

jcgm97

CAG Veteran
Now with the new GUITAR HERO WARRIORS OF ROCK bundles out, Best Buy is blowing out last year's BAND HERO bundles for $59.99. By all accounts, BH was a failure for Activision, but what a great price for a new WORLD TOUR model drum kit, GUITAR HERO 5 model guitar and another microphone to use on ROCK BAND 3's three part vocal harmonies!;)

There is no evidence on their website, but all 3 stores I called in the Metro Detroit area had bundles for both systems in a clearance area at the front of the store (I was looking for Wii bundles, but alas they are still regular priced @ $149 or $179).

Saw this for $59.99 at the Best Buy in Union Square, NYC on Monday night. Based on the signs, it didn't look like it was marked as a clearance or sale - seemed more like it was a price drop.

I recommend this. The game has a few good songs, the guitar is my current favorite, the mics are all the same, and GH drums are more suited to GH games than RB drums are.

A word of warning:

I picked this up the other day for Xbox 360. I got home and found the plastic covers on the wiring connections on the drums to just crumble in my fingers. The connector to the cymbals just fell apart.

I returned the drum set and they opened another box and gave me the set out of it, we checked the connections and they seemed fine.

I got home, set them up, opened the kick pedal and had a similar issue with the wiring there. The long wire is coated in a plastic that hasn't aged well just sitting int he packaging and it just fell to pieces. I super glued the connections so they'd hold and stripped the plastic from the wire and it works fine, but just be warned.

Still, fantastic deal to replace my old Rock Band 1 drum set and failing GH3 wireless guitar.

Note: I also live in Central Florida. The issues could just be local due to storage of the packaging and the heat here, just thought I'd warn fellow CAGs.

I'll have to look for them next time I'm at one. I still don't own Band Hero and could use another good guitar, drum set, and mic. Thanks, OP. :)

I live in the metro Milwaukee area. All Best Buy stores have it at the $59.99 price point except for the location at Mayfair Road. Picked one up for myself--needed another wireless guitar. Will give my old drums to a friend. Thanks OP!!!

Did they do any upgrades to the drums for Heroes of Rock or is the Band Hero kit the latest and greatest? Too bad I've already got a GH5 guitar and don't hardly play RB/GH anymore.

The WORLD TOUR kit is the only one available for 360, PS3 and PS2; the same kit has been bundled in with GHWT, BAND HERO and now WARRIORS OF ROCK. The Wii was the only system to get an upgrade when they improved on the kit with last year's BH. Too bad that kit wasn't made for the 360 and PS3!

[quote name='jcgm97']The WORLD TOUR kit is the only one available for 360, PS3 and PS2; the same kit has been bundled in with GHWT, BAND HERO and now WARRIORS OF ROCK. The Wii was the only system to get an upgrade when they improved on the kit with last year's BH. Too bad that kit wasn't made for the 360 and PS3![/QUOTE]What's the difference?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Thanks op but, I don't need more plastic instruments in my place so I will pass.[/QUOTE]

Please make sure you reply to every thread you're not interested, just so I'm completely up to speed on your life. :drool:

I'm inclined to believe this deal if only because every story for 100 miles is out of stock. That's what a clerk doing an inventory search told me. I checked the website, and it said the same thing. Just for fun, I searched the zip codes for 4 major cities across the US--zero copies of this bundle in each city.

Congrats to those who are finding them!

[quote name='Zippon']Please make sure you reply to every thread you're not interested, just so I'm completely up to speed on your life. :drool:

I'm inclined to believe this deal if only because every story for 100 miles is out of stock. That's what a clerk doing an inventory search told me. I checked the website, and it said the same thing. Just for fun, I searched the zip codes for 4 major cities across the US--zero copies of this bundle in each city.

Congrats to those who are finding them![/QUOTE]

All 6 stores near me show them "in stock" .

I'm seriously considering this since I could potentially get it for $40 with my reach gc. I still have my 2 yr old rock band 2 drums, are the guitar hero drums better than the rock band 2 drums. I know the guitar hero guitars are superior but just not sure about the drums.. any info would help thanx.

[quote name='DanD326']Saw this for $59.99 at the Best Buy in Union Square, NYC on Monday night. Based on the signs, it didn't look like it was marked as a clearance or sale - seemed more like it was a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I just went at night and 59.99 is only for the XBox360 version, the PS3 version is like 120+. Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 set works with PS3?

[quote name='loneyeh']I just went at night and 59.99 is only for the XBox360 version, the PS3 version is like 120+. Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 set works with PS3?[/QUOTE]

Negative!

I will have to check my local stores for this deal.

Anyone know if u can use the pedal from the rockband and the one from guitar hero for a lil double-kick action?

[quote name='loneyeh']I just went at night and 59.99 is only for the XBox360 version, the PS3 version is like 120+. Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 set works with PS3?[/QUOTE]

It will not work on your PS3. (In before someone makes a snarky remark.)

I was hoping there was a slim chance the hardware would be universal but the game was different (duh). Guess I'll wait for something better.

Found both PS3 and 360 sets in Pittsburgh for $60. Bought one for the 360 to complement the Rock Band set I got from a gamestop deal a long time ago for the PS3. Wii set is still $139 here.

[quote name='freeleeday']A word of warning:

I picked this up the other day for Xbox 360. I got home and found the plastic covers on the wiring connections on the drums to just crumble in my fingers. The connector to the cymbals just fell apart.

I returned the drum set and they opened another box and gave me the set out of it, we checked the connections and they seemed fine.

I got home, set them up, opened the kick pedal and had a similar issue with the wiring there. The long wire is coated in a plastic that hasn't aged well just sitting int he packaging and it just fell to pieces. I super glued the connections so they'd hold and stripped the plastic from the wire and it works fine, but just be warned.

Still, fantastic deal to replace my old Rock Band 1 drum set and failing GH3 wireless guitar.

Note: I also live in Central Florida. The issues could just be local due to storage of the packaging and the heat here, just thought I'd warn fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

My first bundle was missing the screw-on bolts to hold the cymbals on the drum kit so I took it back. I just got the second one and have the exact same problem as the quote. I live in California and it gets hot here too. The tape on the box looked old and weathered. My BB has one set left but I think I'll ask for my money $65 back.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Jumped on this deal this morning, thanks OP.

I need another guitar and did not have this game so the $59 was a nice deal.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Thanks for the deal OP, cant wait for RB3!

[quote name='trunks982']now i dont know if i should get this or not since warriors of rock got better drum set.[/QUOTE]

warriors of rock has the better drum set? does this band hero set also have the gh5 guitar?

i might pass and get the warriors of rock bundle since i already have beatles rockband bundle.

[quote name='frpilot']warriors of rock has the better drum set? does this band hero set also have the gh5 guitar?

i might pass and get the warriors of rock bundle since i already have beatles rockband bundle.[/QUOTE]

yea. warriors of rock has better drum set. band hero bundle comes with World Tour drums and GH5 guitar. thats what i heard.

Hm, on Amazon the pictures for the 360 Super Bundle have the GHWT drums and the PS2/PS3/Wii bundles have the Warriors of Rock drums.

I'll check this out tomorrow.

GHWT had the 1st edition drums
Band Hero had the 2nd edition where the cymbals are fully circular and dont have any more sensitivity issues
GHWOR has the 2nd edition drums with a detachable controller... the middle part where'd you would navigate the menus and stuff

[quote name='Sillentassasin']GHWT had the 1st edition drums
Band Hero had the 2nd edition where the cymbals are fully circular and dont have any more sensitivity issues
GHWOR has the 2nd edition drums with a detachable controller... the middle part where'd you would navigate the menus and stuff[/QUOTE]

So the Warriors of Rock have the detachable "brain" portion while the Band Hero bundles do not?

I picked up one yesterday the Xbox 360 was the only one on clearence for $59.99..Good price..the kids will enjoy it. Thanks CAG

Thanks for this deal! How well do these drums work with Rock Band, btw? Is it worth it? Will you be able to configure which pads go with which on-screen color in Rock Band 3, since it isn't 1:1?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Here is the most up to date compatibility chart for GH and RB games + instruments.

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility[/QUOTE]

I know that they WILL work, I'm just wondering for some first-hand experience on how well. Are the drums matched awkwardly to any cymbals or anything since this drum set has a different layout?

Thanks op. I just bought 1 xbox360 version for me and a ps3 version for my bro' at one of the cinci, oh stores. Great deal!

I was just at Best Buy in Raleigh, NC and came across this deal. I've been awaiting the new rockband and looking for a good cheap set of equipment considering the upcoming INSANE bundle prices. I know it's not as good as the guitar/drum set in the new game, but I don't even want the new crazy stuff. This was a great buy; now when RB3 comes out, I'll be only $60 down for the game only. :)

The shelf only had room for one 360 set, but I'm sure they've got more in the back.

bread's done
Back