PS3/360 SFxT Arcade Fightstick Pro $79.99 at GS stores

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
If it is the Pro, then that is a good deal. It comes stock with Sanwa parts. As it is though, I still might wait it out a bit since it might drop to 30 like the Brawl stick did.

I own 3 fightsticks which would seem like overkill, but each serves a purpose. The wireless for just goofing around. The modded SF4 madcatz regular edition for a light model to put on my lap, and my awesome MvC TE for when it's time to get serious. I definitely don't need this, but I just traded in a 3DS the other day for $100 and my brain is telling me "it won't cost anything really."

So thanks OP, but at the same time fuck you for finding this.

Was just $129.99 about a month and a half ago, so went and picked this up when you posted this. I luckily got the only one, thanks op! It'll make a perfect birthday gift for a loved one!!

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']So many in the Dallas, tx area.[/QUOTE]

Obviously people in Dallas don't play fighters... lol. In all seriousness though, no stores within 100+ radius have em for me. Besides, I have way too many arcade sticks at this point. >.>

Good god, this is an amazing price. Just finished modding one of those sticks last night, and they are great to use. The Sanwa parts are all very responsive. Considering it's a real bargain at $100, yeah. If you have any interest in picking one of these up and have any in your area, get on that! =O

Hell, probably would have picked one up as a fourth stick if there were any in my area. :C

Damn, do I need another stick? nope, do I want another one? yes, but I will hold myself and wait for it to drop more and if they ran out, they ran out.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn closest with ps3 is 90 miles.......would have considered buying[/QUOTE]
You can have your closest store request that it be shipped to them from that store. I do it all the time.

Just picked mine up! It just had to be at the furthest store that I'm willing to drive to lol. Like someone said, there are a lot available in the DFW area. More, in the Dallas area though.

$hit.
looking to finally get a good stick, and not one for xbox within 100 miles, here in western washington.......
so... fÜck you, dallas, for taking all the fight sticks!

[quote name='BARTstation']I have 8 sticks. HAHa. I dont know if I want another one.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Justin Wong would say that with all the fight sticks he has won?

I'm having trouble doing the dragon punch motion consistently lol. Anyone with the PS3 want easy wins tonight? MY PSN is Bowserkick and I have UMvC3, SF2HD,SF3, SSFIV AE, MvC2, and Tekken Tag 2.

It's a pretty good stick although I've heard of quality control issues (check the SRK forums). I've used it for a few hours & compared to previous Madcatz all-Sanwa sticks (TE & TE-S), it does feel a bit flimsy as if the plastic's thinner but I didn't open it up to compare & confirm since it wasn't my stick. For that size, I prefer a Hori V3-SA (the new Kai version is very nice!) or even the previous TE/TE-S. Regardless, that's a good price for an all-Sanwa stick considering the parts in there cost ~$50 by themself.

BTW, for those thinking it'll drop down to $30, that'll never happen. This stick isn't in the same league/size as Madcatz other SE/WWE sticks. This is the lowest I've ever seen an all-Sanwa full size stick. If it gets to $60 or less than most peeps will buy it just for replacing Sanwa parts. I know I'd snatch it for $60 just for the Sanwa parts alone & sell the case/shell! For those that know me on this forum, I'm pretty sure you guys & gals know that I know arcade sticks, LOL!

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']It's a pretty good stick although I've heard of quality control issues (check the SRK forums). I've used it for a few hours & compared to previous Madcatz all-Sanwa sticks (TE & TE-S), it does feel a bit flimsy as if the plastic's thinner but I didn't open it up to compare & confirm since it wasn't my stick. For that size, I prefer a Hori V3-SA (the new Kai version is very nice!) or even the previous TE/TE-S. Regardless, that's a good price for an all-Sanwa stick considering the parts in there cost ~$50 by themself.

BTW, for those thinking it'll drop down to $30, that'll never happen. This stick isn't in the same league/size as Madcatz other SE/WWE sticks. This is the lowest I've ever seen an all-Sanwa full size stick. If it gets to $60 or less than most peeps will buy it just for replacing Sanwa parts. I know I'd snatch it for $60 just for the Sanwa parts alone & sell the case/shell! For those that know me on this forum, I'm pretty sure you guys & gals know that I know arcade sticks, LOL![/QUOTE]

Hey what kind of quality controls issues are you talking about here? Can you link the SRK thread about this? I thought it's just the older TE that has control issues?

I think I'll be fine with the quality of this stick since the only stick I had was the first SE SFIV. This stick is so nice compared to that one. I'm really surprised Amazon offered $70 for me to trade it in when I bought the stick for $50.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Great. The only 360 ones are in Compton. ._.[/QUOTE]
Do you live too far away? I used to work in Gardena so I would go to the CC / Gamecrazy in Compton.

None within 100 miles of St. Louis for either system. So funny I just sold my original SF 4 PS3 TE fightstick on Amazon for $127.

Mine looks cearly used, it was the last one, the seals were broken and there are some light some scratches greasing on the buttons...anyone else get this? I'm aware this maybe cause of the 30 day return policy opened or not for accessories for any reason....

[quote name='CaoPi']Hey what kind of quality controls issues are you talking about here? Can you link the SRK thread about this? I thought it's just the older TE that has control issues?[/QUOTE]

Towards the middle of this thread (page 7 or 8; I forgot) talks about random quality control issues with the red case/shell version (scratches on the buttons & artwork) then towards the last few pages, talks about random QC with the black current version (case warping & peeled artwork on the corners):

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...arcade-fightstick-pro-official-thread.138282/

I've had 7 TE's (1 x Round 1, 2 x Round 2's, 1 x MvC2 TE, 2 x TE-S & 1 x Chun-Li TE-S) & never had an issue. However, those that had issues were mainly with the PCB's of the Round 1 TE's & some Round 2's (the last production batch of Round 2's came with the newer & more reliable TE-S PCB's).

As I was saying before, this is a good price for what it is. Will you have these probs I just listed?!? Can't guarantee either way but probably not. Just something to think about before purchasing, that's all.

I should be fine with the modded TvC sticks that I have but will my patience wear out? I would like a Hori PS3 stick, since I hear the Mad Catz ones don't really work well with PCs. Even if I get this where the hell would I find the room for it?! Gah.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I should be fine with the modded TvC sticks that I have but will my patience wear out? I would like a Hori PS3 stick, since I hear the Mad Catz ones don't really work well with PCs. Even if I get this where the hell would I find the room for it?! Gah.[/QUOTE]

I love my TvC stick! I could care less for artwork on any stick (unless it's the Chun-Li TE-S lenticular artwork; *drool*) but the TvC matte finish on the artwork's unique. FWIW, there's a Mayflash Wii-to-PS3 controller adapter available for ~$15 on Amazon until you getta full size stick. As for Madcatz sticks being compatible with PC's, it varies based on what type of motherboard you're running (ATi vs Nvidia) from what I remember reading but don't quote me on that. If you're curious then search on SRK or Google it.

I know what you mean by storage room! I had to trim it down to single digits or else there wouldn't be any room in my man cave (aka media room) to walk around. Also, the wifey wasn't too happy about me constantly buying/trading/selling sticks so often, LOL!

Did Mad Catz solve the issue with PS3 sticks and Nvidia PCs? I have one, and I while I do want the Ps3 one, I'm not sure. It's easier for me to just put in a PS1 pcb in the 360 I guess.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Did Mad Catz solve the issue with PS3 sticks and Nvidia PCs? I have one, and I while I do want the Ps3 one, I'm not sure. It's easier for me to just put in a PS1 pcb in the 360 I guess.[/QUOTE]

Not sure since I don't play PC games. Search on SRK or Google it is your best bet.

Awesome deal. I already have the TE Round 1 stick but would definitely buy this if they were in stock nearby.

man, I just did an in-store pickup for it, ready for pickup email received.
I'm gonna see if I can sell my crappiest stick on eBay to see if I can recoup the difference since I'm short on $ for 'toys'.

The email says they reserve it for 2 days, that is counting today?
If I do buy it, how many days do I have to return it?

[quote name='CaoPi']Mine looks cearly used, it was the last one, the seals were broken and there are some light some scratches greasing on the buttons...anyone else get this? I'm aware this maybe cause of the 30 day return policy opened or not for accessories for any reason....[/QUOTE]

That definately sounds like a used one, but if someone returns a fightstick it's supposed to be destroyed and not resold (this happened to the WWE 360 one I was eyeing last year) so I would definately return it within the 30 days if you're not comfortable with it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That definately sounds like a used one, but if someone returns a fightstick it's supposed to be destroyed and not resold (this happened to the WWE 360 one I was eyeing last year) so I would definately return it within the 30 days if you're not comfortable with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the being destroyed part. Tournaments and other testings happen, I've literally seen a stick used during events and the manager, cleaned it up put it back in the box and sold it to some customer a few wks later. This was at one of the other local gamestops though.

Thank yo so much, OP, for the heads-up! I have a 360 SF IV TE stick I got at Fry's a few years ago and really like it, but wanted a stick for my PS3 as well. I picked up one using the in-stock locator at a store in a part of town that let's say I wouldn't otherwise have visited. It looks to be almost identical to my SF IV TE stick, and that's a good thing since I think it's an excellent stick. And my stick was new, in a sealed box.

BTW : It is indeed the Fightstick Pro collector's Edition that has a $159.99 sticker on it. Despite the Game Stop picture of a stick that looks like this:
801688b.jpg

Or this enlarged:
PS3_SFxTLineFightStick_backofbox.jpg

the actual stick has a prettier graphic on it, IMO, and looks like this:
0ae1aa0c927afbaf8e78fb6ac78b0684.jpg

[quote name='Decker']Thank yo so much, OP, for the heads-up! I have a 360 SF IV TE stick I got at Fry's a few years ago and really like it, but wanted a stick for my PS3 as well. I picked up one using the in-stock locator at a store in a part of town that let's say I wouldn't otherwise have visited. It looks to be almost identical to my SF IV TE stick, and that's a good thing since I think it's an excellent stick. And my stick was new, in a sealed box.

BTW : It is indeed the Fightstick Pro collector's Edition that has a $159.99 sticker on it. Despite the Game Stop picture of a stick that looks like this:
801688b.jpg

Or this enlarged:
PS3_SFxTLineFightStick_backofbox.jpg

the actual stick has a prettier graphic on it, IMO, and looks like this:
0ae1aa0c927afbaf8e78fb6ac78b0684.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It looks like you got the Cross edition as opposed to the Line edition.

Ok i am in no way an expert on fighting games, i am PRETTY DECENT in MvC series online....not against people who really know what they are doing though. Ive been looking at picking a stick up and there is one near me (ps3) Is it something beneficial if i never really played arcade sticks before to pick up?

Yeah, checking further I found a video review at You Tube which highlights the two different designs. The only indication which version you get is a little sticker on the box (and of course you can just open the flaps and see the stick through the plastic windows. Strange that they came out with two different designs, but are not considered two different models.

[quote name='Decker']Yeah, checking further I found a video review at You Tube which highlights the two different designs. The only indication which version you get is a little sticker on the box (and of course you can just open the flaps and see the stick through the plastic windows. Strange that they came out with two different designs, but are not considered two different models.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the Cross design looks better than the Line. The background has a cleaner look as opposed to the jarring lines separating the characters in the Line version

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']Ok i am in no way an expert on fighting games, i am PRETTY DECENT in MvC series online....not against people who really know what they are doing though. Ive been looking at picking a stick up and there is one near me (ps3) Is it something beneficial if i never really played arcade sticks before to pick up?[/QUOTE]

Some people will say you need a stick to keep up with the competition. IMO though, it's just preference. You will definitely need to get used to playing with an arcade stick. I been using the stick to redo some of the missions, and practicing the combos I know with my UMvC3 team and slowing getting used to it.

Right now, I'm trying to find a comfortable grip that works for me, and getting used to the distance between buttons.

[quote name='CaoPi']Mine looks cearly used, it was the last one, the seals were broken and there are some light some scratches greasing on the buttons...anyone else get this? I'm aware this maybe cause of the 30 day return policy opened or not for accessories for any reason....[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that someone gutted it for the parts and then returned it?

As for PC issues, I have an iMac that is dual-booted and runs Windows 7 on the other partition and have had no problems at all with the MvC TE stick or the SFIV SE stick (which I will probably mod). First I've heard of problems with these. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the MadCatz sticks at that price and I second the TvC stick being awesome as well!!

I bought one of these sticks on PS3 when they released (at full price). No regrets, just letting you folks know that it's a very nice controller.

I use it constantly, it seems like it holds up well. I've really loved using it on Dead or Alive 5, recently.

Random question. Does anyone have or even tried out the Qanba Q4RAF or Eightarc fusion? Those were the sticks I was looking at before I found this deal. I don't know why, but I just didn't have a problem paying $150 for the Qanba/Fusion since they are dual modded.

[quote name='Carlanga']man, I just did an in-store pickup for it, ready for pickup email received.
I'm gonna see if I can sell my crappiest stick on eBay to see if I can recoup the difference since I'm short on $ for 'toys'.

The email says they reserve it for 2 days, that is counting today?
If I do buy it, how many days do I have to return it?[/QUOTE]
They should hold it until the end of the 2nd day. You have 30 days to return it.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Random question. Does anyone have or even tried out the Qanba Q4RAF or Eightarc fusion? Those were the sticks I was looking at before I found this deal. I don't know why, but I just didn't have a problem paying $150 for the Qanba/Fusion since they are dual modded.[/QUOTE]
I bought a Q4RAF as my first "real" stick. Can't go wrong with it if there's even a remote chance that the dual modding will come in handy, although not having start/select right next to each other is a bit of an annoyance.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Just picked mine up! It just had to be at the furthest store that I'm willing to drive to lol. Like someone said, there are a lot available in the DFW area. More, in the Dallas area though.[/QUOTE]

Hi... if you don't mind telling, which store in Dallas did you get yours at?

[quote name='klimb22']They should hold it until the end of the 2nd day. You have 30 days to return it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, so it is gonna be the end of tomorrow or tuesday pm? 48hrs or just 2 calendar days counting the day of reserve?
Sweet, 30 days is great I can try to sell another stick to recoup.

bread's done
Back