PS3/360 Street Fighter IV CE in stock at Gamestop.com and in stores

adamantypants

CAGiversary!
PS3 (OOS online, check local availability)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72487
360 (thanks jp0213)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-5V4b2IbRd29fQ3TbO0zAxg

Not really a deal, but considering the extreme PAIN I've been going through trying to obtain a copy at DeepDiscount for the past week this is a welcome surprise.
It seems to be in stock online and a bunch of Gamestops near my house have it in stock. In fact the first one I called had one and they're holding it for me right now.

As a side note on my little journey to GS today I stopped by Fry's and they had a mountain, well a mini-mountain so maybe a hill, of SFIV MadCatz fight sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. Ordering the CEs on-line from GS, extra $10 handling fee, which makes your purchase close to $100. All sudden the total is not so different from eBay. The handling fee is really bullshit. This explains why the CEs are still in stock on-line. CAGs maybe desperate, but certainly not stupid (scalpers/flippers won't even consider buying with the extra $10 in mind).

I was able to cancel my GS.com order as my DD order shipped. I admit the $10 extra handling fee was also a factor--honestly, I don't think the CE is worth the $10+ premium above MSRP regardless (of course that's just me) of availability.

[quote name='gunm']I was able to cancel my GS.com order as my DD order shipped. I admit the $10 extra handling fee was also a factor--honestly, I don't think the CE is worth the $10+ premium above MSRP regardless (of course that's just me) of availability.[/quote]

Lucky you :) $70 is the cheapest you can get. i regretted canceling my DD order (Live cashback screwed up).

I agree, anything over $85 is not worth it... so yeah, my purchase is not worth it. Still trying to see if my buy.com order will be shipped or not. If yes, hell, TRU can have the CE copy back (or help out a fellow CAG).

I just picked up a 360 CE with some GameStop credit, but I'm curious as to if the game is really worth it.

Got an email today that my DD SFIV PS3 Collector edition shipped finally today. Estimated arrival? March 5-10. Boooooo! I ordered the damn thing January 4!

[quote name='jp0213']I just picked up a 360 CE with some GameStop credit, but I'm curious as to if the game is really worth it.[/quote]

The game definitely worth the cash if you want to play now... You can get the game cheaper later of course, but that's not value added. The question is, do you think the crimson Viper figure and the Anime disc that plays only on the Xbox 360 worth the extra $20?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Got an email today that my DD SFIV PS3 Collector edition shipped finally today. Estimated arrival? March 5-10. Boooooo! I ordered the damn thing January 4![/quote]

It's not all that bad, $70, win win for you, you're gonna get it on this Saturday or something :)

[quote name='Serpentor']It's not all that bad, $70, win win for you, you're gonna get it on this Saturday or something :)[/quote]

True enough. I think it was established earlier in the thread that those who want day one should avoid DD. I was prepared to wait x amount of time since I already had the game set for (regular) 360, but the way this CE package sold through for PS3, I think we were all worried whether DD would even be able to fill the order at all.

Found one at a Gamestop in NYC. Last PS3 CE. Sent off my DDD cancellation request. Next mission is getting my hands on a madcatz TE stick... thats gonna be harder

assuming you ordered it at a reasonable date, DD will not let you cancel and will instead ship it out, just return that to GS when you get it.

Heh the TE looks really nice, but even retail of 150 is insane for a controller, let alone what these are fetching on ebay/amazon. Perhaps if you were hardcore it could be justifiable.

Are you saying after you sent in your cancellation request to DD, the next thing you'd hear from them is that they had already shipped your order?!

For anybody considering getting a stick to go along, it's much easier to find the SE stick (obviously). The TE sticks AFAIK have been sold out since pre order, according to Shoryuken.com.

But here's what I'm doing. I'm going to wait for my next paycheck/bonus to come in so I can buy a SE stick. Then replace the joystick and possibly the buttons myself. It's a relatively simple mod and all the parts shipped are no more than $40. Mind you, these are the same exact buttons/joystick that are being used in the TE stick. They can be found at lizardlick.com or akihabarashop.jp. They sell the Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks and buttons that are used in Japanese arcade machines (including the SFIV machine) as well as the TE stick.

It's going to be more like 60 shipped if you go for the whole shabang, which is the joystick, buttons, dustpad, button covers if you choose to block off the last 2 useless buttons on the pad. You'll definitely want to replace the buttons as the stock ones as POS'. Plus lizardlick is backlogged 2+ weeks. (He's pulling a DD somewhat). I have 2 orders from him which I won't see until Mid March or so..... I emailed him to schedule a pickup but he never responded. His voicemail box is completely full as well. The man is swimming in orders right now.

BTW SFIV CE is still sold out in my area... no more are coming and its been established. They are simply selling off unlaimed preorders.

Okay, you just added more than necessary.
Sanwa Joystick - $25
Seimitsu buttons - $3 each x 6 = $18
Shipping is $5.50. So we meet halfway at $48.50.

And the man is swimming in orders because he never meant to be handling the volume of joystick modders. Your choice is wait 2 weeks plus delivery for him to ship, or buy from the importer and wait those two weeks anyway plus maybe pay more for shipping.

OK so you got 6 out of the 8 buttons covered, if you leave on the stock buttons, that would be mad tacky. The seimitsu skele buttons are a bit more than 3$, they are up to 4.95 ea. I believe - don't quote me on it.

I can't wait for my order to come in!!

I've got an extra copy of the 360 SFIV CE. I'm willing to send it to someone for cost plus shipping. PM me if interested.

[quote name='jp0213']I just picked up a 360 CE with some GameStop credit, but I'm curious as to if the game is really worth it.[/quote]

If your a true SF fan, it is definitely worth it. Also im not sure if the 360 CE is worth the extra $20 as much as the PS3 CE, me personally i rather have a figure of Ryu then Crimson Viper but that is just me. But the game itself is totally worth it.

Personally i am extremely disappointed in this "CE" version.. The figure is smaller than even a blackberry pearl . But I guess for the extra $20 u get a dvd, soundtrack, & DLC for costumers which is worth a bunch of points. I dont remember the exact amount.. But the figure reminds me of one of those heroes-clicks things.

Are you guys still having trouble getting a copy of PS3 CE? I picked a copy from GS last night using my GS credit. So yeah, i'm gonna return the TRU PS3 CE (save me $6 or so, taxes). As a result, i canceled my buy.com order (it was still PROCESSING).

GSs eventually gonna give up those reserved CEs, because people are NOT picking them up... This maybe temporarily boost the number of PS3 CEs a bit, so it's your chance to get one w/o paying the ridiculous $10 handling fee when ordering on-line (SAVER saves the actual shipping, but not the $10 overhead).

probably not haha.. just a marketing scam, to get more income for that game lol! Didn't they do that with the wii for the longest time? LOL!

[quote name='fireburnerr']probably not haha.. just a marketing scam, to get more income for that game lol! Didn't they do that with the wii for the longest time? LOL![/quote]

Uh, the Wii was never claimed to be "Limited" or "Collectible", they just only made so many, due to demand then vs demand down the line, had they opened more factories/produced too many it would end up flooding the market sooner, rather than later, hurting them in the long run.

I highly doubt we will see more of the "Collectors" "Limited" "Special" or whatever edition it is for SFIV made, but we will see all the unsold copies sitting around eventually. Thing is nobody knows just *how* many are out there unsold, so yea. I would say there is a "Limited" number, but it could be a very large number all we know.

Oh, and yea, the figure really sucks, but the Soundtrack/Blu-ray are worth the 20 extra in my book.

From Capcom:
"To answer the question if we're making more CEs, the answer is a definitive "no". What we made was all shipped and when it is gone, it's gone for good. Based upon the sales report I received today, they're almost all gone already."

Gamestop.com has 77 copies of the PS3 version available and over 100 of the 360 version.

I won't be surprised if this is just a marketing scam. Then again, who really knows with supply and demand. If someone really wants the CE for what it is, then buy it. Screw the collectors who don't even unwrap the game because they are more worried about its value than the actual gameplay. Buy the CE if you are a hardcore SFIV fan and don't worry about if it will go up in value.

[quote name='GuardianE']From Capcom:
"To answer the question if we're making more CEs, the answer is a definitive "no". What we made was all shipped and when it is gone, it's gone for good. Based upon the sales report I received today, they're almost all gone already."

Gamestop.com has 77 copies of the PS3 version available and over 100 of the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt it, but I think the supply of these CE's in this first and only run was higher than most people think. Sales reports might just point to Capcom's own inventory to wholesalers/retailers and the comments indicate they still have some remnants. I think they just had problems getting many of them shipped out in a timely fashion which in turn has made people believe they are rarer than they really are.

[quote name='GuardianE']Gamestop.com has 77 copies of the PS3 version available and over 100 of the 360 version.[/quote]

How do you find that out?

The purchase quantity limit for Street Fighter 4 Collector's Edition is 100 and has been exceeded. The system has reduced the quantity to the maximum allowable value.

Apparently there are more than 100 for 360 remaining.

[quote name='prateeko']This is exciting, it's like waiting to see the value of your CE skyrocket.[/quote]

Too bad I have a 360 version. :bomb:

[quote name='Mako1215']Too bad I have a 360 version. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if you want to watch something appreciate in value PS3 is the way to go. Mainly since they make less of items for the PS3, but I also believe (this is just me) that PS3 owners are willing to spend more (they spent more for a console, which is probably not their only console either)...

^ yea i was just buying it for me anyway because my fucking DD order took so long, and now i'll have an extra one. im debateing bringing it back to gamestop or selling it to some sucker on craigslist or something.

bread's done
Back