PS3 3D Display Bundle (Display, Glasses, MLB 12 The show - 299.99 Bestbuy Newegg

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys both bestbuy and newegg have this offer it's similar to the old offer but also includes MLB 12 The show. Price is 299.99. Obviously for most if you go with newegg you get no tax and free shipping, but some may have best buy credit and may want to use that towards their purchase. And if you've recently purchased from best buy you prob could go back and get the new package with the mlb game if you wanted. Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo..._-na&AID=10440897&PID=2026489&SID=2vD3Dez7pD1

Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PS3+3D+...cmprd175900050006&ref=39&CJPID=2026489&loc=01

Please explain what broke. Is it the same "won't turn on" issue or something else? So we can all know what to expect.

simply man, the blinking red light of death. i turned it on, nothing came on the display, the light on the bottom went from blue to green to blinking red, just dead. no lights from the back display, no nothing. just broke man, like the youtube videos and all the horror stories from the 30 page thread on the sony site. RLOD....i was tempted to get the one from FYE for 200 after the rebate, but i know its gonna break again so i wont bother. i read people are on their third or fourth sets. why is such an amazing display so cheap, cuz its too good to be true. they are broken, defective items. i mean while it worked it was AMAZING, but when its broken, its really not that impressive haha. really disappointing man....

Someone else posted in the other thread that the MSRP for the bundle itself is $299 now. The added glasses and MLB last until the end of the month. Who knows what they will do then. Bundle Gran Turismo 5 XL with it??

For anyone wondering about the warranty, which I couldn't find online anywhere, the insert says it has a 1 yr warranty, and people claim sony is covering shipping to return and send you a new one when it breaks, so at least it should be good for a year without buying any extended warranty.

I'm curious what build dates everyone has, broken or working. It is in very small print above the SN on the back. Mine is Sept 2011. It's been fine for the short week I've had it. I've noticed the speaker quality is very dependent on the game, some sound really good and surround-like, others sound tinny. Not sure if it is how the developer coded the audio or just certain types of music sound better on it.

[quote name='scottman']Someone else posted in the other thread that the MSRP for the bundle itself is $299 now. The added glasses and MLB last until the end of the month. Who knows what they will do then. Bundle Gran Turismo 5 XL with it??

For anyone wondering about the warranty, which I couldn't find online anywhere, the insert says it has a 1 yr warranty, and people claim sony is covering shipping to return and send you a new one when it breaks, so at least it should be good for a year without buying any extended warranty.

I'm curious what build dates everyone has, broken or working. It is in very small print above the SN on the back. Mine is Sept 2011. It's been fine for the short week I've had it. I've noticed the speaker quality is very dependent on the game, some sound really good and surround-like, others sound tinny. Not sure if it is how the developer coded the audio or just certain types of music sound better on it.[/QUOTE]

I was reading on another forum most all were manufactured in August or September 2011. I still have mine sitting here wondering if I should keep it or take it back. I went back and was going to get Best Buys replacement warranty but it's $50 for 2 years, including one of those also covered by SONY. My return window ends before the 31st and I'm just wondering what deals may show up then with the MSRP drop.

On the fence about this item. I would really like MLB The Show cause I got it on Vita, and this could replace the 24" TV I already have and sell it. Knowing me I would get the warranty and I would have the only one that lasts longer then it. Does this deal end at the end of this month?

It's available instore at Best Buy, I have plenty around me with them stocked. I am hoping this deal lasts till after this month and I will pick one up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:whistle2:#You sold items you didn't yet have on hand? That makes no sense whatsoever.
[/QUOTE]

it doesn't have to make sense to you - it's been handled and i've been doing it for years with minimal backfires, just a little personal added stress. :cool:

not all online business practices are done by the books, there's risk and rewards.

I got one and I am thrilled with it. I am using it as a pc monitor as well. Looks great, sounds great, and I got the 2 year warranty with it. If I get 2 years out of it I will be happy since it is scratching the 3d itch for now. 3d is amazing but not for everyone.

[quote name='SuperMario64']After about of week of use, there's a huge dark spot in the middle of the screen. Very disappointed in it.[/QUOTE]

If only it came with some sort of manufacturer's warranty that could help out in this, your time of need!

bread's done
Back