PS3 (40GB) (refurb) - $379.99

Actually, you can do one better and massage your wish list with Amazon to get it into your Gold Box. Same price, but brand new and free shipping!

Granted, if you get one from Amazon you're probably not going to get the Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray.

[quote name='CaptPete']Actually, you can do one better and massage your wish list with Amazon to get it into your Gold Box. Same price, but brand new and free shipping!

Granted, if you get one from Amazon you're probably not going to get the Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray.[/quote]
how does one go about such a massage?

[quote name='pday1']how does one go about such a massage?[/QUOTE]

Here's the info from the second post on this SD thread (it's the `Sony Card $100 off ANYWHERE\PS3' thread), which worked for me:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=711313

"To get ***40 GB**** in Gold Box for $379 (before -$100) I tried this and it worked perfectly,

1. Created New Account
2. Rated PS3 controller AND "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare"
3. Now I had 40 G PS3 in my Recommendations like 7 or 8th Item in addition to 60G and 80G
4. Went to "Recommended for you" and said Not Interested for everything apart for 40 G
5. Went to GB and Sure enough PS3 40G was there for $379.99! And promptly ordered!!"

You don't have to do step #1, but if you don't the alternative is to go through the list of everything that Amazon uses for recommendations and either delete it or click the `don't use for recommendations.' That's what I did and it took absolutely forever!

[quote name='CaptPete']Here's the info from the second post on this SD thread (it's the `Sony Card $100 off ANYWHERE\PS3' thread), which worked for me:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=711313

"To get ***40 GB**** in Gold Box for $379 (before -$100) I tried this and it worked perfectly,

1. Created New Account
2. Rated PS3 controller AND "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare"
3. Now I had 40 G PS3 in my Recommendations like 7 or 8th Item in addition to 60G and 80G
4. Went to "Recommended for you" and said Not Interested for everything apart for 40 G
5. Went to GB and Sure enough PS3 40G was there for $379.99! And promptly ordered!!"

You don't have to do step #1, but if you don't the alternative is to go through the list of everything that Amazon uses for recommendations and either delete it or click the `don't use for recommendations.' That's what I did and it took absolutely forever![/quote]

i actually have a 60gb ps3. i assume you could use it on other items, though, no?

[quote name='pday1']i actually have a 60gb ps3. i assume you could use it on other items, though, no?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. You just need to make sure that you have items `similar' to the one that you want on your list of items used for recommendations.

[quote name='CaptPete']Yeah, pretty much. You just need to make sure that you have items `similar' to the one that you want on your list of items used for recommendations.[/quote]
What you do is go to the item you want, then rate 2 or 3 of the items in the list of things people-who-bought-this-item-looked-at catagory.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']With only a $20 discount and rumors of price drops circulating, not the greatest deal in the world, but thanks nonetheless OP.[/quote]

Wait, there are MORE price drop rumors!? :hot:

[quote name='NTolerance']I think the extra $20 is worth it for a brand new system. Anyone with me?[/quote]

I'm with you %100, don't think I would even do it for $100 off.

Yeah, I didn't really have an idea what other deals may be.

I work work for this site in the Merch. department (I don't make any money from the sales of anything) and when these came through, I figured I'd try to do a solid. :) It's rare that we get some actually relevant gaming-related things.

The sample unit we received was in great condition, just looked pre-owned but then cleaned up again.

[quote name='pday1']gamefunk.com's deal is better.

http://www.gamefunk.com/product.detail.cfm?ProductID=711719800606[/quote]

Thank you!

Shipped we're $354.90

And do people really care about the free Blu-Ray DVD? We're thinking of bundling it w/ a game instead if it would sell more (probably motorstorm). Any opinions?

Seriously, though. I thought Spider-Man 3 was kind of crappy so I personally wouldn't see it as a bonus to my purchase... but maybe that's just me.

A bunch of people PM'd me saying they'd buy if we packaged a game. So I took those comments to the boss and it looks like we'll be bundling Ratchet & Clank with them on Monday (still including the blu-ray).

How are the gamestop refurbs? Just curious.

bread's done
Back