PS3 60GB Buying Advice

GrilledWitOnions

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've seen a few PS3 buying advice threads but I think this is more specific, so I'm making a new thread.

I've got sort of a looong OP going here, so I'm starting over with some bullet points:

1. Want BC PS3, if you think I shouldn't want that, well, then I don't want a PS3. Seems like the 60GB is the best model for this. Thoughts on this welcome but you probably aren't going to win me over on a slim at this point. :D
2. $200 for 60GB PS3 a good price to shoot for?
3. YLOD something to ever consider?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I've seen a few PS3 buying advice threads but I think this is more specific, so I'm making a new thread.

I've got sort of a looong OP going here, so I'm starting over with some bullet points:

1. Want BC PS3, if you think I shouldn't want that, well, then I don't want a PS3. Seems like the 60GB is the best model for this. Thoughts on this welcome but you probably aren't going to win me over on a slim at this point. :D

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I had one and took good care of it. I never played it for hours at a time or left it running. I had to sell it because it just wouldn't play certain games without glitching, some old games and some new games. GTAIV would freeze on the opening cut scene, Critter Crunch, amongst other games, graphics would flicker; Batman: AA didn't freeze, but the graphic flickering made it unplayable. I did some reading and apparently the graphics card was going out.

The way I see it, you'll be buying a piece of hardware that will eventually fail, perhaps sooner than later. I was pretty pissed that I needed to sell it, but I knew it was a matter of time before it was completely useless. Oh, and my BC PS3 was the 60GB model.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I've seen a few PS3 buying advice threads but I think this is more specific, so I'm making a new thread.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

1. I would buy a cheap ps2, if I want to play ps2 games.
2. Very good price but, good luck finding one for that price. Currently GS wants 349.99 and Amazon wants 275.00 and up. However, there are some auctions on Ebay currently if you want to go that route.
3. 862 60 gb ps3's have been reported to YLOD on the official Sony forum. It's nothing compared to the :360: RROD. However, there still a slight possibility the 60 GB you buy will fail.

[quote name='MikeBastard']I had one and took good care of it. I never played it for hours at a time or left it running. I had to sell it because it just wouldn't play certain games without glitching, some old games and some new games. GTAIV would freeze on the opening cut scene, Critter Crunch, amongst other games, graphics would flicker; Batman: AA didn't freeze, but the graphic flickering made it unplayable. I did some reading and apparently the graphics card was going out.

The way I see it, you'll be buying a piece of hardware that will eventually fail, perhaps sooner than later. I was pretty pissed that I needed to sell it, but I knew it was a matter of time before it was completely useless. Oh, and my BC PS3 was the 60GB model.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thanks for the insight. I am seeing more and more that the old PS3's are basically just waiting to die, which is pretty annoying. I have about 5 PS3 games already that I bought cheap, knowing I would eventually get a PS3 when the time/price was right. But Sony keeps removing features...

Maybe I can sell the wife on emulation on the PC. I really didn't want to buy a PS3 and a new PS2, and the old PS2, as good as it's been to me, I think is on it's way out.

Do you mind if I ask how much you sold yours for? I'm trying to get an idea of how much it's worth - $200 seems to be around the selling prices on ebay although there are so many broken ones it's hard to get a handle on it (which might be a sign to let this dream die :p)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
1. I would buy a cheap ps2, if I want to play ps2 games.
[/quote]
Well, I have a fat PS2, but even if I got a new one, I'd be spending what $300 for a PS3 and $100 for the PS2? Seems a bit steep.
2. Very good price but, good luck finding one for that price. Currently GS wants 349.99 and Amazon wants 275.00 and up. However, there are some auctions on Ebay currently if you want to go that route.
No way would I trust GS for an idea of accurate pricing, and AFAIK all the PS3 60GB on Amazon are in the marketplace, which I also don't think is a great gauge of actual cost. Ebay will most likely be the route I go.
3. 862 60 gb ps3's have been reported to YLOD on the official Sony forum. It's nothing compared to the :360: RROD. However, there still a slight possibility the 60 GB you buy will fail.
That's a large number - and it also might not be including systems which YLOD and then the user tries to repair instead of telling Sony.

I can't believe the two biggest consoles of this gen have been so prone to fail and (AFAIK) there hasn't been any real repercussions.

Thanks for the insight!

dont do it. trust me i had a ps3 w/ bc and rarely used it and like its been mentioned the older models are very much prone to ylod. takes a while to get there but it will happen and chances are itll happen past the warranty.

you wont get a 60gb model for 200 and if you do expect it to be on its last legs. fixing the ylod is easy enough but its something youll have to do over and over.

if you know you will regularly play ps2 games then get a bc model and good luck but sooner or later it will die and its very noisy compared to a slim especially when the fan kicks in and it will make your room crazy hot.

dont get a used model from gamestop especially now with that 200 trade in deal the majority of ps3s they got im sure were dying,dead or very near death.

[quote name='lokizz']dont do it. trust me i had a ps3 w/ bc and rarely used it and like its been mentioned the older models are very much prone to ylod. takes a while to get there but it will happen and chances are itll happen past the warranty.

you wont get a 60gb model for 200 and if you do expect it to be on its last legs. fixing the ylod is easy enough but its something youll have to do over and over.

if you know you will regularly play ps2 games then get a bc model and good luck but sooner or later it will die and its very noisy compared to a slim especially when the fan kicks in and it will make your room crazy hot.

dont get a used model from gamestop especially now with that 200 trade in deal the majority of ps3s they got im sure were dying,dead or very near death.[/QUOTE]
IDK about fan noise - my friend has a launch 60GB model and his seems fine, I never notice it when we're playing it.

And as it is, my wife and I play mostly PS2 games already. I would love to be able to play some PS3 games too, but I know the BC would get good use out of me.

I'm still not discouraged from getting it :p I'm sure I'll be back in a few months to tell you all my PS3 is a goner - but the temptation of BC is too high for me.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Hmm, thanks for the insight. I am seeing more and more that the old PS3's are basically just waiting to die, which is pretty annoying. I have about 5 PS3 games already that I bought cheap, knowing I would eventually get a PS3 when the time/price was right. But Sony keeps removing features...

Maybe I can sell the wife on emulation on the PC. I really didn't want to buy a PS3 and a new PS2, and the old PS2, as good as it's been to me, I think is on it's way out.

Do you mind if I ask how much you sold yours for? I'm trying to get an idea of how much it's worth - $200 seems to be around the selling prices on ebay although there are so many broken ones it's hard to get a handle on it (which might be a sign to let this dream die :p)
[/QUOTE]

I sold the following for $275 cash somewhere around six months ago:

-1 Sony Playstation 3 60GB backwards compatible console
-1 Used Sixaxis
-1 USB charger cable
-1 Power cord
-1 AV cable
-1 $3 6 Feet HDMI Cable
-1 Assassin's Creed (GH) - Complete
-1 Fight Night round 3 - Complete

The games were useless to me and I really wanted to get rid of that PS3. Some guy off of craigslist bit within a few days.

Well I bit on an ebay auction. Cost was $270 after shipping, more than I wanted to spend but after watching auctions all day it was becoming apparent that $200 was unreasonable. I was trying to keep it at $250, but, well, you know how it goes :p

I'll update this thread as things progress. Here's hoping this was the right decision for me (I know for a lot of you it would not be the right decision for you). Don't think I've ever paid more than $250 for a game console, and that was a Wii near launch.

But, I am pretty happy to get to crack open my FFXIII , Fallout 3, Batman: AA, Uncharted, MGS:4...

You should've kept an eye on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread on CAG, since PS3 slims were going for kind of cheap on there at times. The one CAG picked one up for under $200 about 2-3 weeks ago.

As for your PS2 fat 'going', what's it doing? Is it giving you the Disc Read Error and not wanting to read discs? That's pretty easily solved by cracking it open and cleaning the lens on it. If the lens is in great shape and not coated in dust(usual DRE cause), then you could probably buy a replacement lens for it for about $20-ish.

I've cracked open about 10-20 PS2's already and that's usually the main thing that's going on them is the lens.

Unfortunately, if that PS3 you bought from Ebay goes kaput it's $175 from Sony to fix it due to the full BC in it.

i have a BC 60 gb model, and have used the hell out of it for games and movies, and have never had any issues other then filling the hdd. course, i also use one of those clip on cooling fans since the day they came out-no weird noises, no freezing/glitches or issues.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You should've kept an eye on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread on CAG, since PS3 slims were going for kind of cheap on there at times. The one CAG picked one up for under $200 about 2-3 weeks ago.

As for your PS2 fat 'going', what's it doing? Is it giving you the Disc Read Error and not wanting to read discs? That's pretty easily solved by cracking it open and cleaning the lens on it. If the lens is in great shape and not coated in dust(usual DRE cause), then you could probably buy a replacement lens for it for about $20-ish.

I've cracked open about 10-20 PS2's already and that's usually the main thing that's going on them is the lens.

Unfortunately, if that PS3 you bought from Ebay goes kaput it's $175 from Sony to fix it due to the full BC in it.[/QUOTE]
Yah I've seen those Slims in the Warehouse Deals thread, but frankly I am just not interested in a PS3 without BC.

My PS2 is not acting too badly. Initial load times of discs seem really slow, maybe they always were. The optical out seems to be broken as well. It's honestly still a great system, but:
1) Cords from controllers make it impossible to play from a nice distance in the living room
2) Would rather send everything through HDMI than through a component cable as well; it's just laziness I know, but switching sources is annoying.
3) I would really like to consolidate the living room not have 2 systems out there when I can have one.

It's a risk, and it may be a big risk too, but the gain is appealing enough to me that I thought it worth it. I know most people here disagree, but I am happy with my decision (for now at least).

The PS3 by itself doesn't appeal to me much. A PS2+PS3 does.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Yah I've seen those Slims in the Warehouse Deals thread, but frankly I am just not interested in a PS3 without BC.[/QUOTE]I noticed this in your original post and replies. I'm not sure why he suggested a "slim" model when you had already said that you wanted a 60GB model. :roll:

[quote name='robodaddyo']I noticed this in your original post and replies. I'm not sure why he suggested a "slim" model when you had already said that you wanted a 60GB model. :roll:[/QUOTE]
haha, I almost said something but it's no big deal. A very cheap Slim + a new PS2 might be something others would want. Cheap enough and I might even consider it. But I think it's still too costly an option, not just in price but in what I'm giving up in features and space.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I noticed this in your original post and replies. I'm not sure why he suggested a "slim" model when you had already said that you wanted a 60GB model. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Because the chances of getting a lemon when getting a used console that's 4 or so years old are much greater than the chances of getting a new console?

As for the features that're lost, some of those can be added by using an SD memory/USB port hub.

It was just a suggestion, since you do have no way of knowing for certain how much life a 60gb PS3 has left in it. I know I certainly wouldn't want to take a $200+ gamble.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because the chances of getting a lemon when getting a used console that's 4 or so years old are much greater than the chances of getting a new console?

As for the features that're lost, some of those can be added by using an SD memory/USB port hub.
[/quote]
Except for PS2 BC.

It was just a suggestion, since you do have no way of knowing for certain how much life a 60gb PS3 has left in it. I know I certainly wouldn't want to take a $200+ gamble.
Most agree with you, and I appreciate the suggestion.

I should have realllly pushed my point in this thread, "what's a good price for 60GB PS3" - it turned into a lot of "don't buy that" comments as I knew it would. Which might mean something as well - if I can't get anything but don't buy that comments, well...

But I think I would have hated to have spent close to $300 for something that was missing a feature I really want, and could have. The gamble was right for me.

If it's any consolation I love my 60 gb model, even if it takes a backseat to my 360. I never even considered getting a model that doesn't offer me everything I was looking for...and with the HUGE backlog of ps1 and ps2 RPGs (which I will probably never get to...lol) I really didn't see any other choice. I also like the convenience of the 4usb/multiple memory card slots, as well.

Good luck with the PS3 you nabbed on Ebay. Sorry if I skimmed over why you specifically wanted a 60gb model. I too wanted one when the PS3 first came out, but there was no way in hell I could justify paying 2x what I paid for my PS2 last gen for a PS3 just because of the PS2 BC.

And FYI for those who might not know this, all models of the PS3 play PS1 games.

I was in your boat a few years ago... I didn't want any other PS3 and granted at the time I was looking, it was tough to find one brand new.

I ended up finding a kid selling one on Craigslist. I got the 60GB PS3, 2 Sixaxis Controller, USB Cable, Official PS3 HDMI cable, and Madden 08 (which I traded into GS at the time for like 20 bucks...)

It lasted for about a year (maybe less) and then games wouldn't play. I had to send it in to Sony and they fixed it for I believe 150. I originally payed around $300 for the PS3 with everything.

It's been running strong since (and they mailed me back my original PS3)... Here's to hoping you have luck with it!

I'm a perfectly happy 60GB PS3 owner that would recommend it to anybody, but...

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']1) Cords from controllers make it impossible to play from a nice distance in the living room[/QUOTE]

Controller extension cords. They're available for like every console ever made. Hop on ebay or see if Game$top has some used ones.

Hell, I ordered a couple Atari Jaguar ones over the weekend because my Jag's now permanent spot is just slightly too far for the regular controller cables.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']

No way would I trust GS for an idea of accurate pricing, and AFAIK all the PS3 60GB on Amazon are in the marketplace, which I also don't think is a great gauge of actual cost. Ebay will most likely be the route I go.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the best plan.

That's a large number - and it also might not be including systems which YLOD and then the user tries to repair instead of telling Sony.

[/QUOTE]

Another thing it doesn't count people who don't log in and report it on the message board.

I can't believe the two biggest consoles of this gen have been so prone to fail and (AFAIK) there hasn't been any real repercussions.

Thanks for the insight![/QUOTE]

The only repercussion for M$ was they had to extend the warranty a few years ago. Sony's is still below the normal fail limit for electronics. For example, my launch ps2 died due to the psu issue. The :xbox: I bought at launch survived the 4+ years I owned the system. Electronics can fail at anytime you just never know.

You're welcome and I hope you 60 GB BC ps3 lasts many years to come. :)

because at this point any 60gb ps3 you buy will most certainly be used and many of those used consoles will be near death or close enough to it that buying one would end up costing you more money down the road.

the op asked for opinions and he got them whatever he buys hed do well to learn as much as he can about the product and what he can expect from it. yeah not all bc systems have died but enough of them have that its something you need to be aware of.

i was able to fix mine and ive done it twice since then so for me in the end bc wasnt worth the hassle of repairs. if i ever get nostalgic i still have a ps2 but ive got plenty of ps3 games i havent played yet or finished so going back to ps2 games isnt something im looking to do.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good luck with the PS3 you nabbed on Ebay. Sorry if I skimmed over why you specifically wanted a 60gb model. I too wanted one when the PS3 first came out, but there was no way in hell I could justify paying 2x what I paid for my PS2 last gen for a PS3 just because of the PS2 BC.[/QUOTE]Riiight. Because the only reason why the PS3 was $599 (full-featured) at launch was because of the PS2 BC. :rofl:

[quote name='lokizz']because at this point any 60gb ps3 you buy will most certainly be used and many of those used consoles will be near death or close enough to it that buying one would end up costing you more money down the road.[/QUOTE]Speculation doesn't explain why anyone would ignore what the OP was asking. :roll:

[quote name='robodaddyo']Riiight. Because the only reason why the PS3 was $599 (full-featured) at launch was because of the PS2 BC. :rofl:

Speculation doesn't explain why anyone would ignore what the OP was asking. :roll:[/QUOTE]

not speculation fact of course with your head so far up your ass how can anyone expect you to know.

[quote name='lokizz']not speculation fact of course with your head so far up your ass how can anyone expect you to know.[/QUOTE]:rofl: Keep them rolling, tony.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Riiight. Because the only reason why the PS3 was $599 (full-featured) at launch was because of the PS2 BC. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
But the thing is, who asked for a 'full featured' GAME system this gen. I would've been much happier and more likely to have bought a PS3 earlier in the gen if Sony would've taken any functions not needed(including Blu-Ray) to play games and shoved them up their ass. That means taking out the browser(which doesn't work for shit anyway 90% of the time), the BR drive, the memory card slot, the WiFi card and anything else not needed for a base unit to play games.

Albeit as time has progressed I AM happy they put in the BR drive since it means I can get my games on single disc versions with everything on one disc. But other than that it's been a useless function for me.

The only reason they put in BR was to whore it out for the technophiles with the 60" plasma screens who really gave a shit about high def movies. For a gamer who only plays games on their console(i.e. me) none of this extra shit was necessary.

Sony and Microsoft have copied each other and Nintendo and vice versa this gen after initially coming out with consoles that were on some levels different enough to warrant purchasing ALL of them. So in the end you really only need to buy ONE console this gen, since each of them do have much of the same functions as their competitors.

This is my OPINION and as I've seen before my opinion may not always mesh with every else's. But I'm sure the first retort will be 'b-b-b-b-b-but the Wii is just two Gamecubes taped together, it's nowhere near similar to the 360 and PS3'. Similar is BORING. I'm glad Nintendo had the chutzpah to break the mold and go against following Sony/MS into the 'HD war'.

It's just a shame that their largest selling point is now being blatantly copied by MS/Sony.

Did you seriously just say that Sony should've taken the Blu-Ray drive out? Every PS3 game is on Blu-Ray.....

Know what a PS3 without Blu-Ray is? A PS2 that don't fly straight.

[quote name='depascal22']Did you seriously just say that Sony should've taken the Blu-Ray drive out? Every PS3 game is on Blu-Ray.....

Know what a PS3 without Blu-Ray is? A PS2 that don't fly straight.[/QUOTE]Take a deep breath and see who you are replying to. Also, notice that he didn't explain his previous response either but rambled on about what's on his mind.

[quote name='depascal22']Did you seriously just say that Sony should've taken the Blu-Ray drive out? Every PS3 game is on Blu-Ray.....

Know what a PS3 without Blu-Ray is? A PS2 that don't fly straight.[/QUOTE]
They should've taken out anything that caused the 100% increase in launch price from last gen to get the console down to a semi reasonable(but still slightly higher) starting price of $399.99.

Six hundred bucks for a game console at the outset of this gen was fuckin' ridiculous.

And what was there to 'explain' from my last response?

the guy is a genius sony should hire him to work on their next console lmao.8-[

But the thing is the games didn't have to be on Blu-Ray. They could've gone with DVD like last gen, but they didn't.

I do like the size advantage of Blu-Ray, but I still don't care one way or the other if a game or movie is 'HD' or not.

As for the rest of the multimedia shit Sony added, they've had how many revisions with how many different configurations thus far? You're telling me they couldn't have made ones with everything for the ultra premium $600 price and then just a base model with all of the components required(and WiFi is NOT required) for GAMING for much less?

Both MS and Nintendo realized that not everyone wants to do absolutely everything on their console and to have a wider range of options available should the customer want to add items later. Shoving all of the multimedia crap down every consumer's throat was total bullshit that jacked up the price to double last gen.

All I can do is laugh. I hope the OP enjoys his new system and the many laughs that the responses have generated. Good stuff. :lol:

Bought my 60GB PS3 from a college student on Craiglist about 2 months ago for $160. Came with all hookups, 1 controller, Bluray remote and GTA: Episodes from Liberty City. Only a few cosmetic scratches, works great. I made him go through a full demonstration to be sure everything worked before I handed him the money. I would recommend buying local and make them prove it's not a POS.

[quote name='robodaddyo']All I can do is laugh. I hope the OP enjoys his new system and the many laughs that the responses have generated. Good stuff. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Many laughs, huh? It's called a differing opinion. I buy games systems to play games. I'd have rathered if Sony put out a barebones console for those of us who don't wanna have a 'be all' system. But as I said, the Blu-Ray is nice for the size advantage over DVD for games.

The reason Sony put in Blu-ray was to push the format. Look at the :ps2: which was the first system to have a DVD player. If there is a new format that Sony wants to push for their next console you can bet your bottom dollar they will use that format for the system. Remember Sony is an audio and visual media company first and a video game company second.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']The reason Sony put in Blu-ray was to push the format. Look at the :ps2: which was the first system to have a DVD player. If there is a new format that Sony wants to push for their next console you can bet your bottom dollar they will use that format for the system. Remember Sony is an audio and visual media company first and a video game company second.[/QUOTE]
I understand that part of it. But until DVD's are no longer available as a mass market medium to view movies on and I have no choice but to buy movies on Blu-Ray I'll stick to DVD because they're cheaper.

As I have said before, I am glad that PS3 games have the size advantage of Blu-Ray, but was switching to a new storage medium really necessary for most games? No.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I understand that part of it. But until DVD's are no longer available as a mass market medium to view movies on and I have no choice but to buy movies on Blu-Ray I'll stick to DVD because they're cheaper.

As I have said before, I am glad that PS3 games have the size advantage of Blu-Ray, but was switching to a new storage medium really necessary for most games? No.[/QUOTE]

I can certainly understand that I only buy blu-rays for movies I really feel takes advantage of the medium and that are on sale.

It not necessary as we can see with the :360:, but it's a leap forward in technology, just like making ps2 games on single and dual layer dvds as opposed to cds last gen.

I've been a bit busy so no time to check in on this thread. PS3 update: STILL HASN'T SHIPPED! The auction said it would ship in 5 days, it's been 3; I know it's not that long and is within the window but I want my freaking PS3!

I also wanted to weigh in on where I stand with PS3/BD/features.

First of all, I don't know that the PS3 needed a BD drive but Sony DID need one. They were trying to push a new format, and there was no way they would not include it. I don't care if the PS3 has the drive, as I use another drive to watch BD's, but from Sony's standing, I can't imagine it being removed.

PS2 BC could have probably been thrown out and, since it would never have been there, we would all just say "Wish it had been in there", and move on. Instead they make the bonehead move of including it from the start and then slowly weeding it out to "cut costs" (does anyone know how much this saves them? It always seemed like more of a way to push digital distribution of PS2 games. I reckon removing PS1 won't matter, since it's harder to get a hold of those, but PS2 games are still pretty easy to get, thus cutting into their Digital profits).

Wifi, IMO, should be present in every system going forward. My systems are right next to my router, so it doesn't make a difference to me, but a wireless card for my computer costs somewhere around $30, MAYBE. Sony, MS and Nintendo can afford to include these in bulk.

I don't really know what all the memory card readers and usb ports are for in the PS3, they seemed like bullet points to make the cost more justifiable.

I know I just bought a system with a lot of the same features I feel I could live without. But since they included them in the first place, I might as well get all I can? Mostly PS2 BC. If it never existed in any model, it would be an easy choice (the slim). But since it DID exist, I choose the 60GB launch model.

I think Sony should have had 3 SKU's at launch (if I remember correctly, there were 2 - 60GB for $600 and 20 GB for $500). There should have been $300 model without a lot of the premium features, even without wifi maybe.

But I think Sony was trying to get to the 'hardcore' gamers, essentially saying, "we have SO much in our console, it plays THREE gens of games, and can do SO MUCH! $600 is CHEAP for what this is!" The were positioning themselves as a premium product, and a lesser $300 console makes the $600 seem ridiculous and less valuable.

Anyway, I'm glad some people agree with my decision. I really thought I'd be able to keep this topic from derailing - I guess I needed to title it better - Good Price for 60GB PS3 would have worked. I don't know what I was thinking with this vague-ass title.

It's ok cuz we were just having a friendly back and forth. I don't take anything too serious on the internet really.

As for not finding PS1 games, that's all I found myself playing for a while on my PS3. About a year ago I would pop in the Arcade Party Pak and play about 2-4 hours of Klax a night on the PS3.

As to PS2 games being released as digital downloads, if there's some ones I wanna replay(GTA Vice City and San Andreas)then I'd consider them if they're a reasonable price. In other words they'd have to be $10 MAX for either.

But with some game companies possibly re-releasing PS2 gen games on Blu-Rays(see God Of War Collection)for a combined price I'm hopeful that Rockstar will see a market there and just come out with a compilation that might even include the original top down trilogy as an unlockable item.

Ah, well, I guess it's a ymmv on ps1 games. I think they only place I could get them would be Amazon or a pawn shop. I guess there might be a place that does trades for them nearby, now that I think about it.

I had forgotten about the rereleases of games though. That's one thing I definitely want to see more of. And since I'm pretty sure rockstar released the old gtas for free on PC, I can see them adding it in as an unlockable.

I stocked up when Gamestop had all of the older gen stuff for 75% off. I picked up literally somewhere around 50-55 titles for about $.50-$1 a piece. Unfortunately most of them were incomplete and in deplorable shape, but that's what the local shop is for since their stuff is almost always in excellent shape.

I also had a bunch of stuff from KB Toys when they were clearing out games on their website a couple of years ago.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's ok cuz we were just having a friendly back and forth. I don't take anything too serious on the internet really.

As to PS2 games being released as digital downloads, if there's some ones I wanna replay(GTA Vice City and San Andreas)then I'd consider them if they're a reasonable price. In other words they'd have to be $10 MAX for either.

But with some game companies possibly re-releasing PS2 gen games on Blu-Rays(see God Of War Collection)for a combined price I'm hopeful that Rockstar will see a market there and just come out with a compilation that might even include the original top down trilogy as an unlockable item.[/QUOTE]

Exactly nothing serious just some friendly back and forth. :)

I really don't mind the re-releasing of :ps2: titles in collections since they update them to look better on the :ps3: and the price is reasonable. I would love for Rockstar to do that, I would buy it day one as long as it wasn't 60 bucks.

I agree, and rereleasing digital stuff isn't bad either, I just already have so many ps2 games - BC is just much more convenient.
Also, day 4, no ship yet.

What kind of feedback did the person on Ebay that you bought the 60gb PS3 from have?

There's at least a few CAG's selling 60gb PS3's on here in their trade lists btw, in the event the Ebay route doesn't pan out.

Seller had 160 feedback with 100% positive, and has a little badge that says 'top rated seller'. I haven't used ebay in years though and I have no idea what a good gauge is now (did they start dropping negative feedback off after a year or something?)

I did check around CAG, PM'd a couple people - one never responded, the other had just traded the system to GS :p If this falls through then yah, I'll be checking on CAG again. Would MUCH rather deal with a CAG.

So, USPS website still says that the seller has "notified" them of the intent to ship, although this does not mean the item has shipped. So, it's now 1 day past the 5 days, and I start to get sorta mad (well, I've been getting sorta mad, now I'm getting really annoyed) - does this guy think he can just click ship and then ship whenever he pleases?
I did some looking around, and found this post at ebay about this very issue - that delivery confirmation isn't necessarily a tracking number. I don't ship a lot of stuff, so I had no idea that I would be sent a tracking number that essentially tracks my package once I get it. At least, if the guy did actually send it. Was hoping I might have a PS3 this weekend, seeing as I bought it last fucking weekend.

Delivery Confirmation is a tracking number. That's what USPS calls there tracking service. You are getting that USPS is being notified because the seller was paying for it online through ebay which gives them a tracking number which will then put your order "as sent" in eBay. The seller still needs to print it, slap it on your package and actually take it to the post office for them to process.

So you have to wait for the seller to actually send it. I think eBay says to e-mail the seller if you don't receive your package or any information 14 days(or 10 business days) after the payment was sent or something like that. Keep checking everyday since USPS don't update the tracking numbers until after like 8PM.

bread's done
Back