PS3 60GB Console feedback

EvilIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just like the person with the 360 who shamed his family, I'm looking for some feedback on selling a console. I have a 60GB launch PS3 that is still working perfectly. I note on ebay that the systems go for $175-300. The main question is what's the pain level of selling on ebay and/or craigslist. I don't have experience in selling for either and I'm looking at what the fees might be and the level of involvement.

I'm also toying with the idea of listing in the sale section of CAG, what experiences do people have with that.

Thank you.

[quote name='EvilIA']Just like the person with the 360 who shamed his family, I'm looking for some feedback on selling a console. I have a 60GB launch PS3 that is still working perfectly. I note on ebay that the systems go for $175-300. The main question is what's the pain level of selling on ebay and/or craigslist. I don't have experience in selling for either and I'm looking at what the fees might be and the level of involvement.

I'm also toying with the idea of listing in the sale section of CAG, what experiences do people have with that.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I suggest CAG, people here are more truthworthy then Ebay and usually easier to work with.

On Ebay you are looking at a % to ebay, a % to Paypal, and god knows who bidding on your item.

[quote name='EvilIA']Just like the person with the 360 who shamed his family, I'm looking for some feedback on selling a console. I have a 60GB launch PS3 that is still working perfectly. I note on ebay that the systems go for $175-300. The main question is what's the pain level of selling on ebay and/or craigslist. I don't have experience in selling for either and I'm looking at what the fees might be and the level of involvement.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I personally would say to go the ebay route. While some places might not be that "great", my experience with selling on cag can get annoying. Its not uncommon for me to see patheticly low offers based off logic I cant even begin to understand...

No more heroes (ps3) for instance, is 32ish on japanese amazon... and averages 50ish on ebay/Playasia.
Average cag offer was 22ish, people saying that its not the "true" japanese version thus worth less (yet the japanese lacks english where as asian doesnt?), + CAG is automatically 10 usd cheaper than ebay (lolwut?) + most ebay sellers offer free shipping, so I should too + its an older remake of a wii game + the english version is coming out soon (they've been saying that since the EU release was mentioned as 2011...)

I had the similar uphill battle with trinity universe which the average offer was 4 usd less than the current gamestop trade in, and they were not including shipping.

Atleast with ebay the prices are a bit more set in stone, and you dont get any of the low and side offers. I wouldnt be surprised if you got 30 questions about how well it works, and others trying to knock off as much on the prices as possible with things like "its used so its going to break soon" and such

The thing I worry most about from ebay is them doing a charge back to paypal. Saying it broke, never received, etc.. and I'm out $200 and a PS3. With CL I could ask for cash only and not have to worry. With CAG I supposed the charge back is possible, but less likely. I do realize I would be nickel-ed to death about the price.

I sold a 360 and a bunch of games a few years ago on Ebay and it was painless. I got a little more than I wanted for it, and that's the advantage of Ebay. If lots of people want what you got the price gets driven up, not the state the obvious, but on CAG you'll probably be dealing with one person trying to haggle with you on price...the opposite of Ebay.

[quote name='EvilIA']The thing I worry most about from ebay is them doing a charge back to paypal. Saying it broke, never received, etc.. and I'm out $200 and a PS3. With CL I could ask for cash only and not have to worry. With CAG I supposed the charge back is possible, but less likely. I do realize I would be nickel-ed to death about the price.[/QUOTE]

It really is what you want to deal with.

The paypal issue is a real possibilty. I suggest you accept U.S. Postal Service Money Order only like CheapestGamer does. That way they can't charge you back after they break the thing or claim it is broken.

I thought Ebay REQUIRES you to accept Paypal. It's why I haven't sold my new PS3 60gb there yet. I don't want to get paypal charged back, and if you try to deal with Paypal, you WILL go through hell to try and recover your money or merchandise.

You could be right. I admit to not looking at how to list on ebay, just wanted a general approach. I've seen people complain in the deal threads about getting stiffed by ebay after an item sold. I just noticed and read the amazon vs ebay thread. and Now I'm thinking amazon might be best.

I'm not looking to make a fortune, just want $175-200 each for the 60gb PS3. I don't think it's too high or too low. So if I sold them for $200 I should be able to just about $175 or so after fees if I charge a reasonable amount after shipping.

bread's done
Back