PS3 and Wii pre-order info(EB/GS) unconfirmed

EB/GS is currently holding the Manager's conference in Dallas, so i'm sure it's confirmed.

Apparently the managers got a sweet Ubisoft faceplate that has Sam Fisher/Ghost Recon/Couple other characters on it.. i'll try to get a picture of that junk soon, I want one.

[quote name='Scorch']EB/GS is currently holding the Manager's conference in Dallas, so i'm sure it's confirmed.

Apparently the managers got a sweet Ubisoft faceplate that has Sam Fisher/Ghost Recon/Couple other characters on it.. i'll try to get a picture of that junk soon, I want one.[/quote]Hey corch? what does 10/3/2006 mean?

I hope he's not just making up stuff. Not too sure about his name though. I know it doesnt necessarily mean he was born in '86, but usually when someone puts a year in their name, its cuz its their birthyear, and im pretty sure there aren't 20 year old managers.

[quote name='pinoy530']I hope he's not just making up stuff. Not too sure about his name though. I know it doesnt necessarily mean he was born in '86, but usually when someone puts a year in their name, its cuz its their birthyear, and im pretty sure there aren't 20 year old managers.[/quote]
Who/what are you talking about? Me? I never said I was the manager of anything. I don't even work there nor would I.

and 10/3/06 is the day the new Evanescence CD comes out. I've already explained that. Amy Lee is my avatar.

Uh.. since when do EB/GS managers have the go-ahead to set policy? I can accept the date, but this "It's up to the manager of the store to determine if they will take preorders, and if it will be first-come, first-serve" reeks of either ignorance or the desire to horribly confuse your customer base.

[quote name='botticus']Uh.. since when do EB/GS managers have the go-ahead to set policy? I can accept the date, but this "It's up to the manager of the store to determine if they will take preorders, and if it will be first-come, first-serve" reeks of either ignorance or the desire to horribly confuse your customer base.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know that's what happened in my area during the PS2 launch. One EB handed out PS2s based on which customers paid in full first, one EB followed the pre-order list strictly. There wasn't a uniform policy from store to store. It's not impossible they'd do first-come, first serve.

What this guy says could be true. My manager is at that same conference. I'll get ahold of him and ask about it.

[quote name='Kuros']What this guy says could be true. My manager is at that same conference. I'll get ahold of him and ask about it.[/quote]

Same here.

Hmmm... I was just gonna take Sunday the 19th off, but maybe Ill try for Saturday the 18th too so I can camp for this shit.

[quote name='pinoy530']I hope he's not just making up stuff. Not too sure about his name though. I know it doesnt necessarily mean he was born in '86, but usually when someone puts a year in their name, its cuz its their birthyear, and im pretty sure there aren't 20 year old managers.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='thabizzle']
credit goes to megadeth86[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']Who/what are you talking about? Me? I never said I was the manager of anything. I don't even work there nor would I.

and 10/3/06 is the day the new Evanescence CD comes out. I've already explained that. Amy Lee is my avatar.[/QUOTE]
;)

The only thing that sounds a little off is letting up to the manager of the store to decide. Gamestop never gives freedom for a manager to do something like that.

I hope this is true, because I'll be going out that day anyway to buy MK: Armageddon. I've got the cash to buy a Wii but I'd like to be able to preorder it as opposed to camping out in the cold

[quote name='Metal Boss'] I have a question, I haven't preordered a console since dreamcast. Do they normally hold the console for you when you pre-order it? I hear alot of horror stories about that so if I pre-ordered i'd still try and come in early to get it.[/quote]

from the ps3 thread

I called 3 stores in my area this morning and not one of them know anything about this. I know this does not mean much, because none of the managers are back at the stores yet, since they are all in Dallas.

When the 360 launched I was in EB right around 10:00am and the manager said most people that had a preorder and were high enough on the list to get a console picked up their console right as the store opened but he was holding the rest for the other people with preorders that hadn't shown up yet.

Anyway I'll definitely be at my local shop at 10:00am on the 10th just in case this is true.

[quote name='ajh2298']I called 3 stores in my area this morning and not one of them know anything about this. I know this does not mean much, because none of the managers are back at the stores yet, since they are all in Dallas.[/QUOTE]
Called 4 stores on my local area same thing.

[quote name='DomLando']Called 4 stores on my local area same thing.[/QUOTE]

I called a 4th store in my area and the guy said it is false, he said he saw the same post at 1up this morning called Dallas talked to his manager and that it was BS.

[quote name='ajh2298']I called a 4th store in my area and the guy said it is false, he said he saw the same post at 1up this morning called Dallas talked to his manager and that it was BS.[/QUOTE]
That's interesting. So the rumors may continue.

Gaaaah, fuck all this "he said, she said" shit. Until someone posts a picture of an EB flier or poster, or multiple CAGs personally verify pre-orders, I'm avoiding these rumors completely.

[quote name='Diiz']Gaaaah, fuck all this "he said, she said" shit. Until someone posts a picture of an EB flier or poster, or multiple CAGs personally verify pre-orders, I'm avoiding these rumors completely.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I heard from my local friendly gs employee that they should know how many they'll have by thursday or friday and they would start taking preorders then.

[quote name='botticus']Uh.. since when do EB/GS managers have the go-ahead to set policy? I can accept the date, but this "It's up to the manager of the store to determine if they will take preorders, and if it will be first-come, first-serve" reeks of either ignorance or the desire to horribly confuse your customer base.[/QUOTE]

Same... I can't imagine it would be up to a manager to decide if they would do a preorder or not. That's going to create some major chaos then, figuring out which store is preordering and which store isn't.

What sucks is that I have to pick up MK: Armageddon on the 10th, and I really don't want to wait in line behind 500 people preordering the Wii and PS3.

You think they would do this crap on a non new release day, like Thursday or Friday.

[quote name='tangytangerine']If some are taking pre-orders while other are not, then what's with this story?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154128[/QUOTE]

How the hell are you going to wait in line at EB / GS's in the mall? I'm pretty sure they aren't going to open the mall early just for this, or let people wait in line for 3 days, but I could be wrong.

But shit, if I had to wait somewhere, it would definitely be a mall, since during the hours they are open there is food, drinks, bathrooms, everything.

[quote name='tangytangerine']If some are taking pre-orders while other are not, then what's with this story?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154128[/quote]
That's the same story that was linked last week (not sure why it's dated 10/1 now). If you read the actual story:
As a result, GameStop has not yet decided when, or even if, it will offer pre-orders for the new systems.
Somehow 1up interprets that as they aren't taking preorders.

[quote name='botticus']That's the same story that was linked last week (not sure why it's dated 10/1 now). If you read the actual story:
Somehow 1up interprets that as they aren't taking preorders.[/quote]

Yeah, I think they are pulling a joystiq on that one.

bread's done
Back