+Motorstorm $60 value

$299-20% = $239
+16000 Bonus Optimum worth $20 at the very least
+$10 Life Brand Card
+$10 SDM coupon

$400 value total
comes to $239 and 2 cash cards and 16000 optimum points

BONUS!!!
Redeem your points and get MORE this week!!! Get an EXTRA $30 bucks!

[quote name='gamer602']Get the following on thursday only with a SENIOR (55+) at your local SDM![/QUOTE]

I can't believe I would be the only one who got a chuckle out of this.

please edit the original post, you dont get a discount on anything that goes below cost, the ps3 is 299.99 and the store cost is 299.50.

I'm a manager at a shoppers store in the GTA :)

[quote name='nb85']please edit the original post, you dont get a discount on anything that goes below cost, the ps3 is 299.99 and the store cost is 299.50.

I'm a manager at a shoppers store in the GTA :)[/QUOTE]

would love the insight into that.

As the system works and I did get one today at 299 minus 20%
nowhere does it say that it does not apply to below cost items

could you please post your receipt, because I highly doubt it worked, but if it did, would love to see the proof.

The insight is that shoppers employees recieve a 30% on all items marked at regular price, the 30% discount occurs on all items up to cost price, meaning we can't potentially get anything below cost price.

If that wasn't the case, anyone and everyone would be buying ps3's with their discount, i'd basically be getting a $300 ps3 for $210, so yea, that doesn't make sense does it? Again, if you really did get a discount on it, would love to see it, I have no problem being proven wrong.

@solid snake-eyes
yea, its weird, we make absolutely nothing on the electronics except for maybe some of the digital cameras, but as far as the consoles go in some cases they lose money, like when the wii was 188.88, I believe our cost was still $199, however the store gets reinbursed the difference from the companies to make sure they at least break even. I don't think the bigger stores make much of a profit on the consoles either, most likely on accessories and maybe games, but im just speculating.

He didnt use staff discount, he used senior day discount(anything not on sale). Lots of posts on rfd on getting wiis with senior discount. 20% off on that is no worse for the then selling piles of them with 20X points ($120 worth on a ps3)

You can read through gamestops annual report and see they make almost nothing on hardware, most of it from talking people into service plans

Of course before the point devaluation the 20x points on 300 would have been worth $180...thats why every 20x day there would be a bunch of Canadians listing piles of new wiis on ebay, kijiji etc

[quote name='zoro69']He didnt use staff discount, he used senior day discount(anything not on sale). Lots of posts on rfd on getting wiis with senior discount. 20% off on that is no worse for the then selling piles of them with 20X points ($120 worth on a ps3)

You can read through gamestops annual report and see they make almost nothing on hardware, most of it from talking people into service plans[/QUOTE]

Of course before the point devaluation the 20x points on 300 would have been worth $180...thats why every 20x day there would be a bunch of Canadians listing piles of new wiis on ebay, kijiji etc

Oh I definitly believe that it happens, its just not suppose too, when they discount days they always include the little blurb "conditions apply, see cashier for details" we actually get memos from head office telling us sometimes what to not allow discounts on and to my knowledge they actually block some items from being scanned when a discount is applied. I dont agree on that but otherwise stores would be losing ridiculous amounts of money every seniors day. Generally most merchandise is marked up more than 20% of cost which is why the stores still make money.

However if you find a cashier or manager that will override this than all the power to you, but again its never been done at our store on a ps3 or xbox 360 yet.

20x the point is different cause you get the ponits on that purchase to be used on any future purchases so if you shop at shoppers all the time its a good idea to make larger purchases during an event like that one, or cash in your points when they have the "bonus redemptiom" days.

[quote name='nb85']Oh I definitly believe that it happens, its just not suppose too, when they discount days they always include the little blurb "conditions apply, see cashier for details" we actually get memos from head office telling us sometimes what to not allow discounts on and to my knowledge they actually block some items from being scanned when a discount is applied. I dont agree on that but otherwise stores would be losing ridiculous amounts of money every seniors day. Generally most merchandise is marked up more than 20% of cost which is why the stores still make money.

However if you find a cashier or manager that will override this than all the power to you, but again its never been done at our store on a ps3 or xbox 360 yet.

20x the point is different cause you get the ponits on that purchase to be used on any future purchases so if you shop at shoppers all the time its a good idea to make larger purchases during an event like that one, or cash in your points when they have the "bonus redemptiom" days.[/QUOTE]

No overriding was done.
Also bought groceries and the discount applied automatically.
I have previously worked for shoppers too and I have never heard of this restriction on consoles.
Scan it and it goes through.
Also bought cookies and they were already on sale so I didn't get another 20% on those

bread's done
Back