PS3 can't die

i sure do like to play me some ps3 while i steam up in the sauna!

Makes me feel better about flippin on the system during hot weather though. Made me a little weary before heading into the summer, but so far have had 0 problems.

Even though they are a PS3 site I hope they do comparison articles with the 360 and Wii. I want to know how fast a 360 would die in a 120 degree room.

even if it does die I suppose they could just perform the towel trick inside the sauna? or would that just turn everything inside into some kind of goo a la tetsuo.

Saw that video that cheapy did. Weird that it dies due to heat (I think?), but then is revived by even more heat

[quote name='imascrub']even if it does die I suppose they could just perform the towel trick inside the sauna? or would that just turn everything inside into some kind of goo a la tetsuo.

Saw that video that cheapy did. Weird that it dies due to heat (I think?), but then is revived by even more heat[/quote]
The theory is that, over time, the heat loosens up the glue on one of the chips and eventually disconnects itself from the main board (or the board just becomes warped, or a combination of the two). By raising the temperatue even higher (i.e the towel trick), it is allowing everything to sort of warp back into place for a while ;). But yes... it does seem odd.

bread's done
Back