PS3 Can't miss games?

kayatai

CAGiversary!
So, I'll be getting a PS3 soon. I've had an Xbox for a couple of years now, so I think I'm pretty up to date on the multiplatform games of the past few years.

What do you all recommend as can't miss PS3 games? I am open to most genres of games, but honestly I'm mostly a single player guy, so the value of multiplayer heavy games like COD are mostly lost on me.

Since I'm new to the PS3 party, and this is CAG, older & value games are most welcome recommendations.

Thanks guys!

disc games:
uncharted 1 and 2
god of war 3
god of war collection (if you didnt have a ps2)
metal gear solid 4 (a collection is coming out soon as well)
demons souls
the 2 ratchet and clank games
3d dot game heroeshttp://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/disgaea-3-absence-justice/
disgaea 3
modnation racers
littlebigplanet
heavy rain
infamous 1 and 2
sly cooper collection (if you didnt have a ps2)

psn games:
wipeout hd
dead nation
super stardust hd
joe danger
fat princess
shatter
pixeljunk monsters
pixeljunk shooter 1 and 2

He got most of them- but here are a few others.

Disc:
Buzz!
Resistance 1-3
Killzone 2-3
Yakuza 3-4

PSN:
Flower
Echochrome
Critter Crunch
RnC: Quest for Booty

@Plasmolyze Thanks, I do have them on my list as well, system comes with Gran Turismio 5

@Javery Ok I thought that was a joke at first, golf definitely isn't something I'd think to look into, but after checking some reviews and videos it looks like a pretty fun, family friendly game. Thank you for the recommendation.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Surprised no one has said Valkyria chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation, I have this on my list now too. Not sure about the turn based combat (something I haven't enjoyed much with current gen consoles). I see I can download a demo from PSN and try it out.

[quote name='kayatai']@Javery Ok I thought that was a joke at first, golf definitely isn't something I'd think to look into, but after checking some reviews and videos it looks like a pretty fun, family friendly game. Thank you for the recommendation.[/QUOTE]

I sort of hate golf but I LOVE Hot Shots Golf. It's golf but I look at is like a puzzle game and no two games are ever the same because of the wind/weather conditions and the fact that you never get the same lie twice. It is so addictive.

Folklore and (if you have any interest in the Move) Sports Champions.

If you have a 3Dtv and a Move, then Tumble (a PSN title) is great too.

Another vote for Valkyria Chronicles.

Like Rodimus, I'm enjoying the Back to the Future games; I couldn't say how well they stand up as adventure games -- it's not a genre I'm familiar with -- but in terms of storytelling, they do a terrific job of capturing the spirit of the movies.

Pretty much most of the great PS3 exclusives have been named off. Only ones I could think of were the Ninja Gaiden Sigma games, which are fun and challenging.

One game coming out this year to keep in mind will be Twisted Metal. Looking forward to that one....

I know you prefer single player, but you should also give Warhawk a try. Very well balanced game, IMO. Also, if you're into card games, try Eye of Judgement. By now you should be able to get tons of cards on the cheap and it's easy to hack cheap cards into rare expensive ones.

Yeah yeah, another one of these threads probably happens a lot, i'm sorry :) I did a quick search and didn't see a thread. Thanks for all your input guys.

If you like adventure games, the best versions of Sam & Max (Season 3) and Tales of Monkey Island are on PSN.

Also, 8Bit, that's almost the exact same list I would have listed off... in order, even. Except for Dead Nation and Wipeout, can't stand those games.

bread's done
Back