PS3 changes 1080p to 720p!

theEchness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
So I am new to the PS3 and gamefly is my friend. So many good games that I am going back to and I just got AC: Brotherhood. My downstairs tv is a Sceptre which is capable of 1080p which is what my 360 runs reach at. HDMI connection between the two.

My upstairs tv is a bravia, HDMI from that to the PS3. No trouble so far. I take the PS3 downstairs hook it up and get all set to play brotherhood and the picture auto-adjusts from 1080p to 720p and it looks like hell. It never did that with the other tv, so I'm like WTF! After some googles, it looks like others are having this problem with brotherhood as well. Any CAGs have this situation? Any advice? I think i have the problem solved, but what did you do if you had this problem?

P.S. I know Sceptre tvs are less quality, but I got a good deal on it 3 years ago. It works for the 360 and now I want equal treatment on the PS3!

Not sure if this is related, but most games do not run at 1080p resolution during gameplay on a PS3 (and definitely not on the 360). Some start menus and other screens are sometimes displayed in 1080P but the hardware is still not quite powerful enough to generate gameplay at this resolution. If you look at the back of the case, it'll tell you what resolution the game runs at. Maybe your TV is having some issues with the resolution switch? Just a thought.

PS3 games all do that. It doesn't have an internal scaler for games like the 360. Games will only play at the resolution on the box.

bread's done
Back