PS3 Collection - Downloadable Content

Pend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Greetings, I have a collection of 200+ Physical PS3 games that I've been increasing as time goes by. A lot of them are Collector's/Special/Limited/HD Edition versions of the games. About 95% is unopened, the DLC within i am worried that since next generation system's are arriving that they might get expired or removed to add to my download list even through they might have no expiration date. I was seeing if anyone ran into that issue and where you able to get that back? I mostly call it a collection that i will eventually play, don't like to call it a backlog. I was wondering should i open them up and claim all the codes or keep them sealed hoping they will still be active.

It is possible the DLC could be expired, or will expire soon. I think it comes down to:

• Are you planning on keeping all of these games? If not, keeping them sealed will help increase your resell value
  • Are you a collector or just like the idea of having sealed games? If so, it may be worth risking losing on the DLC to keep them in their current condition.
It is tough to answer what you should do because you really have to find that balance for yourself. Personally, I would open them. I used to collect, so I appreciate the desire to keep them sealed, but ultimately, if I am keeping a game, I don't really care if its sealed or not, because I only keep to play these days.

There's a thread somewhere on this site that tracks DLC code expiration dates.  I'd check that to see if codes are expired or will expire soon, then go ahead and try to redeem anything worth redeeming that isn't yet expired.

IMO the only thing worth opening sealed games to redeem codes is single player story DLC.  Costumes don't seem worth it, and neither does multiplayer DLC for games you might not be able to play multiplayer on.

Your items will likely hold their value better if they're sealed. AFAIK, I don't think there's a lot of DLC that's worth anything, so unless you want it for yourself, leave the games sealed. People who buy physical games know DLC is going to expire/has expired (but even then, if and when you sell, make sure to note that). 

The aspect of collecting for value only works with psychical games/contents, since digital contents have infinite supply and cannot be re-sold (legally). 

bread's done
Back