PS3 Consoles

just get the move pack from amazon. you get free shipping and maybe no tax and a game and the whole move setup with a 320gig hard drive.

Yeah, I'm looking to buy a PS3 myself right now. The thing is, I was waiting for a good game pack-in bundle like they've had in the past (ie. the uncharted one). However, I'm a little worried that all they will have this fall are just Move bundles. It's at the point where I might just get one off craigslist for cheap or something. I'm willing to spend 300 of course, just want a game or two with it if possible!
What do people see happening? Give it another month for bundles?

[quote name='BadgerDodger']they always have bundles around black friday[/QUOTE]

Would you expect a deal involving a console and a $60 game to fly off the shelves on Black Friday?

I'm think of waiting until then, but I don't want to wait all night in front of the store.

[quote name='Vhehs2']Would you expect a deal involving a console and a $60 game to fly off the shelves on Black Friday?

I'm think of waiting until then, but I don't want to wait all night in front of the store.[/QUOTE]

Amazon should have a good bundle, and the other stores will probably allocate a lot of their stock to the website.

The bundles last year were pretty good. It included the 120GB slim, and two $60 MSRP games, for $299. I'd expect something similar this year, or maybe something with Move.

I found something at Fry's Electronics. It's $300 for the console and a DualShock 3.

It might be cheaper to some people depending on how much your sales tax is. With my 10% sales tax, it's a bit cheaper to take the deal from Dell and buy a tax-free controller from Amazon.com. Some might say going to Fry's is more convenient, though.

I just purchased a used one from craiglist, 250gb + limited edition red dualshock 3 sixaxis controller + modern warfare 2 + HDMI and all original cables. No box, 250$. I had to send out about 50 emails to find a deal but it was worth it.

How old are slim systems? Would they most likely be covered by the original 1 year? Prolly best to buy one from CL and just purchase the 2 year SOny warranty for $60

Seconded/thirded/whatever, wait until Black Friday. You will mostly like NOT get a PS3 for less than $300 that day, but you will get the most bang for your buck with all of the bundled goodies. Last year Gamestop, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all had good bundle deals (two fairly recent games, maybe The Dark Knight blu-ray, and maybe an extra controller -- depending on your bundle choice).

For me, though, the best was Hastings. It was $300, but I got Uncharted and InFamous (both had recently been released), plus an HDMI, plus coupons for free game rentals, half off third party controllers and accessories, and a coupon which let me pre-order a game for free (and also netted me a $10 giftcard for using it). On top of that, most of the Hastings employees are high schoolers and just don't give a crap. Most of my free game coupons were scanned and returned, letting me reuse them until they expired.

Also, once a year Hastings has had 30-40% off all used items. Last year I remember a guy in front of me bought a used slim PS3 for $175 or so. This was a few months after Black Friday though.

Anyway, long answer short, Hasting brick and mortar is my recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been watching eBay like a hawk this week. Seen a few decent bundles. Hoping black Fri ads start getting leaked soon. I'd rather have something new.

Afraid all the deals will be move-based though. I hope not I already have a wii. If there is a 160 (or better yet 250) gb deal with a game or 2 or game/controller that will be good enough.

If I find a bundle on eBay or Craigslist with 3 or so games I want I might take the chance though... demons souls, LBP, uncharted, God of war 1/2 or 3, disgaea 3. If anyone wants to sell something like that we can cut the middleman out.

Amazon Marketplace sometimes has the 250gb Little Big Planet bundle for under $300 as a used one. But that's about the best I've seen.

Ebay deals come and go.

Still no word on Black Friday pack-ins yet.

Well I got in on the HHGregg incorrect ad price match deal or whatever. Figure that's like getting a couple games free by saving $100, so it's as good as any Black Friday Deal will be.

I've got $84 credit at Amazon, so I'm dying for a slim bundle sale this month. Personally, I could care less about The Move, so I'm hoping for a few blu rays or games in a pack.

bread's done
Back