PS3 Controller with D-Pad/Analog Switched

Chris249942

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good ps3 controller that has the analog and d-pad switched (I like the DS3 for most games, but for some i prefer this switched layout, such as in shooters)

I have the shadow wireless controller
http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Wirele...LS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1290359064&sr=8-13

and it seems that it has a small deadzone in the analog stick that makes it annoying to use.

If anyone knows of any others or if someone has the generic one from walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/PDP-Afterglow-PS3-Controller-Blue-PS3/14220326) i'd love to hear a review about it.

Thanks.

You could try getting an Xbox 360-to-PS3 controller converter. I dunno how reliable they are, but I know they exist - and why settle for an Xbox 360 rip-off controller when you can go for the real deal?

The Raven Alternate Layout looks promising. Stay away from the Power Pro Elite. It has an awful dead zone in the thumbsticks.

[quote name='the7k']You could try getting an Xbox 360-to-PS3 controller converter. I dunno how reliable they are, but I know they exist - and why settle for an Xbox 360 rip-off controller when you can go for the real deal?[/QUOTE]
Those probably no longer work after the one firmware update on the PS3:roll: and neither do most(possibly all) USB dongle third party controllers.

If the OP is looking for a PS3 controller with the D-Pad and left analog stick switched out, might I suggest the Rocketfish brand from Best Buy?

They're only $10(if you can find them) and they run on Bluetooth, so they shouldn't be locked out via the firmware updates.;)

Having tested/used one for over six months I can tell you that the following things about them are NOT up to par with the Dual Shock 3.

1. Battery life-If you do extended play sessions, you'll find yourself having to recharge the battery about once every couple of days. But they give you a long enough charging cable in the package to make it a snap to charge AND play, unless you sit about 30 feet from your PS3.

2. The L2/R2 triggers are weaker(the springs in them actually) than those on the Dual Shock 3.

3. The PS button needs to be 'loosened up' to take you into the XMB on the first or second press. Otherwise it's a matter of luck when you first start using the controller as to whether or not you'll be able to use it to get to the XMB easily or not.

Aside from those three things above it's a damn good controller for $10 and well worth the money.

I have three of them on my trade list in the event you can't find them at Best Buy. I'll see if I can dig up the SKU# for you from my receipts from them.

bread's done
Back